Air purifier? - Part 2

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
u shld have AP already right like me? if too ex dont give in to temptation :s13:, I got 2 AP liao but just itchy to play w Xiaomi AP2 :s22:

Got 3 AP, XM 1 from NTUC....Samsung AX400 and Sharp Mosquito AP...lol

whizzard

Reaction score
Why don't we do group buy for XM2 here?

I don't mind buying one or two sets plus the replacement air filter.

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought the formaldehyde detector from Taobao.

Formaldehyde is a carcinogen.

I've tried both AX40 and XM2 and the finding is upon switching on, the formaldehyde shoot up to 0.154 to 0.19.

Voc at 0.935

Accordjbg to the detector, it's at unhealthy level.

Anyone has similar findings? I've been trying for days with same result.

huh? mai scare wor leh - i oso using ax40 wor~

how come will lidat?

sehsuan

Reaction score
Eh you can be tempted but the time needed is like three WEEKS leh. You can tahan, I can do it.

sehsuan

Reaction score
I'll need to see if Xiaomi Tmall can ship to my forwarder in Guangzhou or not. Some months back when I tried, no luck.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
then must ask testerjp if when he tested it were they new riaos~
I test it when it was new but with so much volume of air going through, it should had breath out most of the toxic or decline over time. The figures did not drop.
You can see the numbers shooting up instantly, and a few tries show about the same result.
So it should be accurate to a certain point.

I also tried once without the filter, allow it to just blow out air like a fan, the level is lower by about a quarter fraction iirc but still in existent.
I'm not sure if it's the carbon resulting in it, which is suppose to reduce the formaldehyde instead.

I ordered the RMB29 hepa from China, to test again.
It's charged as about 2.5kg under 4px btw.

BTW opening a small gap in the window don't seem to help much.
The best help is when you open both the door and the facing window to allow air circulation.

pearl_ml

Reaction score
hello guys, is it still worth it to buy honeywell air purifier and step down transformer from Amazon now or better to get it other brands of air purifier locally?

Sent from ? using GAGT

Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also start to wonder using aerodynamics, if the air pressure in the house is a lot.
It will push air out of the house and probably the haze can't come in.

Then the important spot to filter is the direction of where the wind blows inside to your house.
Not sure how can it be done but it's possible. Maybe exhaust fan at the side where air should go out. This information might be useful for big open compartments but the problem is wind direction change everyday.

I also start to think that air con room with a hepa filter maybe pretty effective, with a little gap at the window.
The air con will pressurise the room and the haze will be pushed out.

Needs some new gadgets to confirm.

Last edited:

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha cos i use my AP everyday, i think most only on during haze period?

ax40 filter price. maybe i will. although so far i still use original

TB reviews mentioned not worth the trouble but i reckon they could be from lower polluting areas and very health concious. Yes, they are connoiseurs there nowadays, thanks to the Chai jing review.

But if you are in China in which the air frigging eats filters for breakfast lunch dinner and supper....maybe so.
Coz even F9 is welcomed there.

Jilin and liaoning provinces got areas hit 999 there now off charts. :s13:

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I test it when it was new but with so much volume of air going through, it should had breath out most of the toxic or decline over time. The figures did not drop.
You can see the numbers shooting up instantly, and a few tries show about the same result.
So it should be accurate to a certain point.

I also tried once without the filter, allow it to just blow out air like a fan, the level is lower by about a quarter fraction iirc but still in existent.
I'm not sure if it's the carbon resulting in it, which is suppose to reduce the formaldehyde instead.

I ordered the RMB29 hepa from China, to test again.
It's charged as about 2.5kg under 4px btw.

BTW opening a small gap in the window don't seem to help much.
The best help is when you open both the door and the facing window to allow air circulation.

this one must ask wrx bro riaos~

tempted to check whether my honeywell got the same issue but i dun have a formaldehyde detector.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.