Air purifier? - Part 2

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine is 4 room reslae. The living room i close the kitchen door running 2 Ax40 takes 20min to clean.

Edit i see u using low speed. Try turbo for 20min see how. Turbo mode is noisy and i beleive max time is 20min

Didn't catch the whole convo between you and tanj82 but just the last few threads.....seems like the inability of the XM to clean it down to 0.

Mentioned before in the thread (actually just mentioned within 1hr ago in the 2015 El Nino thread). It all boils down to the ACH / Air Change per Hour.

Different usage needs different ACH as well, haze is good with 2 ACH but 2013/2015 levels you might wanna aim for 5 ACH. Dealing with sinus/allergic rhinitis, you would need comfortably more than 5. 8-10 ACH is not unheard of, plus the usage of the aircon or stand to increase circulation, so that the allergens are blown away from your face during your standard flipping + turning during sleep.

Gunning in Turbo/High mode for 30 mins first helps.....but operating in low mode for prolonged periods means the levels would rise again. Ultimately it also depends on your expectations and also the external haze levels. On hazy days, i am confident to say that it won't be sufficient, perhaps not even medium speed. In 2015 really hazy days, even Turbo mode might not be sufficient without the recommended "sizing" of 5 ACH....in fact leaky houses and sensitive individuals need comfortably more than that. You can see this very clearly with a seperate meter, esp the meters with laser particle counter modules. This phenomenon has been reported from multiple users, not only me, but then 2015 was an oddball haze season.

Xiaomi APs won't do much in low mode. So won't Samsung, Sharp, IQ Air, Blueair in low mode. Good for light sleepers to sleep in though, but that's about it.

Another thing is the Sharp IR module used in stuff like Xiaomi APs and Mfresh APs. I am not sure about how it operates in the Xiaomi and how good is the associated measurement circuitry. But trust me, in the Mfresh it is not very usable...the resolution is not very good in accuracy and the values jumps around. I have 3 laser particle counters and 1 Sharp IR module in another meter, lets just say that the Sharp IR module meter is not really good, just can tell you got haze or no haze. But in a jiffy it does tell you if the haze is dense or moderate though, from what i see the M8088A's readings in 2015 haze. :D

Edit - But i have seen one implementation of the Sharp IR module in a meter that's used by another user Ximple if i remember correctly. His readings were quite solid and usable during 2015 haze season and provided us with decent readings that were usable and even trackable vs NEA 1-hr concentration values, nearly as good as the laser particle counter meters. Basically it depends on the measurement circuitry that measures the very fine voltage output from the Sharp module. My meter with the Sharp module was just too "coarse".

Moral of the story - many many variables out there.

Last edited:

tanyj82

Reaction score
How to group buy?

Just buy, no need to group buy.. its already ON

As for cleaning down to 0. I gonna try it in smaller room when possible on turbo mode.

I am in 5room hdb. Living room about 2.5x size of bed room. Probably thats the cause.

First time using AP so pardon me. I have no idea of this thing.
But thank to everyone here giving heads up

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just buy, no need to group buy.. its already ON

As for cleaning down to 0. I gonna try it in smaller room when possible on turbo mode.

I am in 5room hdb. Living room about 2.5x size of bed room. Probably thats the cause.

First time using AP so pardon me. I have no idea of this thing.
But thank to everyone here giving heads up
thks....order liao...dunno when come....lol

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
where to get spare filter for XM 2? The carbon type...thks!

tanyj82

Reaction score
xm2

Why not just get the xm2 from tb, cheap and good, works right out of the box.

I cant read chinese, wont not want to deal with 3rd party shipping. So take abit more expensive path.

where to get spare filter for XM 2? The carbon type...thks!

XM2 same filter with XM1. XM1 filter going to be sell at NTUC. Not sure if it is carbon or non carbon type. If I remember correctly the promoter say they going to sell 2 type. $39 and $49. I have not yet read about the different.

Last edited:

laeticia

Reaction score
Just changed hotels and was happy to see a fancy Sharp AP in the room until I opened to check the state of the filter. The pre-filter is filthy and the actual filter not much better. Thanks to all the info I learned from this thread or I wouldn't even have checked the filter lol

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just changed hotels and was happy to see a fancy Sharp AP in the room until I opened to check the state of the filter. The pre-filter is filthy and the actual filter not much better. Thanks to all the info I learned from this thread or I wouldn't even have checked the filter lol

Sent from LG V10 using GAGT

Prefilter no issue lah, big particles. It's like your aircon filter. Just wash it in the toilet, 20 seconds job nia.

The good thing is that HEPA filtration does not drop in efficiency when it clogs up, not supposed to be, on paper. It does reduce in airflow though. Electrostatic filtration starts out very high when clean but drops in efficiency as it collects dust. Airflow maintains.

SO which part are you in? Shanghai is borderline red, Beijing has 蓝天!

sehsuan

Reaction score

You can cover the cost of your stay by cleaning up their filters!

cnotsniw

Reaction score
Just sharing a promo from 65dg (no vested interest) which may get u the Mi2 at cheaper price using their Prime Trial?

Did a quick calculation:

AP Mi2 $160.00
Agent (4%) $6.40
Shipping $2.99
Trial $9.90
Total Cost $179.29
if GST $191.84

cnotsniw

Reaction score
Sharing another promo - this time using UOB card (1st - 7th Apr) to bring down your overall purchase price for AP:

TB : $10 cash rebate for $100 min spent
Q10: $10 cash rebate for $70 min spent

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought XM2 and shipped by 65DG via sea ship, it's $184 each nett after shopback. Only draw back is longer waiting time, expect 2-3 weeks.

Shopback has some offers at the moment, think can reduce even more.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
来了来了

iaMkleL.jpg

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wrx bro, asking on behalf of a colleague - he wants to get a sharp AP, budget no more than $600.

no need humidifying function.

you have any recommendation?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.