Life after BlackBerry?

Thai_Rak_Thai

Master Member
Reaction score
How's the preparation guys? =:p

After 8 Long years of support for personal use, end is near. Three of my previous companies migrated RIM to Apple for corporate phone. Looks like iPhone transition for me soon.... :(

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How's the preparation guys? =:p

After 8 Long years of support for personal use, end is near. Three of my previous companies migrated RIM to Apple for corporate phone. Looks like iPhone transition for me soon.... :(

My company already transit to fruit three years ago liao. The management still laugh at us for clinging to our berries. Get used to the lousy world of virtual keyboards :(

caterham7

Master Member
Reaction score
for me, is a strange but familiar scenario

used nokia e71, switched to android qwerty due to proliferation of android apps, switched to bb as android manufacturers stopped making qwerty phones

so have been using a 2 device solution [1 bb, 1 android]

will stick to this for the foreseeable future; even if for example whatsapp pulls the plug, we can still use the android apk

if really cannot use required apps reliably, most likely switch to a touchscreen phone with active stylus, mitigate problems of a touchscreen keyboard

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My company already transit to fruit three years ago liao. The management still laugh at us for clinging to our berries. Get used to the lousy world of virtual keyboards :(

There's always bluetooth kb's :o
Bigger, easier to type than BB

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my passport still going strong. will hold on for another year or two till BB come out with another flagship qwerty device.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my passport still going strong. will hold on for another year or two till BB come out with another flagship qwerty device.

n8ywrt.jpg

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlikely. They will probably sell away the hardware business.
10zsg9t.png

BB probably only produce android phones from nao on liao. hopefully with the poor sales of the priv they will go back BB10 :)

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Unlikely. They will probably sell away the hardware business.
10zsg9t.png
then you wont have any blackberry to buy in the future already? Its depressing if it happens
The awesome PKB will becum extinct :(

magnus

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i don't really mind a qwerty BB running android but not a slider. That's the reason why i bought passport instead of Priv.
then you wont have any blackberry to buy in the future already? Its depressing if it happens
The awesome PKB will becum extinct :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.