Air purifier? - Part 2

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, btw, get the A50 if you really want the humidification. If got money, D60 is cool.

D40 (basically a KC-840, A40 in airflow) is way too low for MBR for allergen sufferers, be it new BTO type or worst resale type esp the Tampines/Pasir Ris big > 130 sqm apts.
High speed is really starting to get noisy, medium is 140 m3/hr. You might as well get an A28 @ 99 bucks (second hands run for $25-50 bux), get a Fellowes H13 True HEPA filter from AMZ that's eligible for Freeship to SG @ usd125, use 2 mins to cut into size and 3 mins to stuff the gaps, and be done with it. :s13:

LoneReaction

Master Member
Reaction score
Not sure how your humidity gets so low. My air-con room stay around 60+ after 8 hours of running at 24C(From 70. Measure from drybox outside sensor.). What is the temperature you set to ?

WussRedXLi also mentioned before, set at 26c should have 60% humidity. I always use the aircon at 26c, but end up with 38-45%. End up wake up in the morning with dry throat. I drink a lot of water.

My aircon is 9000BTU and room size around 4m x 4m.

Thank you all for the tips. Need to convince wife that 600+ for an AP is worth it. lol:s22:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LoneReaction, we hit pretty warm temps on Saturday.

Do your walls get very warm usually?

Floor is not timber strips/parquet?

Any heat source that you suspect?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You might wanna also consider air cooler if you dont need the filtration. Same things apply, need maintainence and maybe get 1 or 2 additional filter to replace if the water wick is not synthetic stuff so cannot stand up to any scrubbing.

Some air coolers are quite cheap.

The smallest ones are sufficient.

LoneReaction

Master Member
Reaction score
LoneReaction, we hit pretty warm temps on Saturday.

Do your walls get very warm usually?

Floor is not timber strips/parquet?

Any heat source that you suspect?

Haven't got my own HDB yet so my family unit is squeezed into 1 room on the 2nd floor of a 2 story semi-detached. The house at least 30 years old.

My room directly faces the afternoon sun so it get heated in the afternoon. I use curtains to help block the sun out, but often open them a little for free light. It's always warmer than outside because of greenhouse effect. Floor is parquet.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haven't got my own HDB yet so my family unit is squeezed into 1 room on the 2nd floor of a 2 story semi-detached. The house at least 30 years old.

My room directly faces the afternoon sun so it get heated in the afternoon. I use curtains to help block the sun out, but often open them a little for free light. It's always warmer than outside because of greenhouse effect. Floor is parquet.

If it's greenhouse effect + afternoon sun then it's possible that all the stuff that's in the room from the walls to furniture get heated up during weekdays when you go out to work....and presents a huge heat load at the end of the day. Yes, the air can get quite dry with the aircon trying to cool down everything.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the RMB29 Hepa.

It exceeds a little.

The original when placed inside, the lines are left to right horizontally.

So with the RMB29 Hepa, should i cut along the line?
If i place it in after modification, the lines will be vertical right?
I ordered by 4PX, shipping is charged as 2.x kg.

Regarding the fomaldhyde, I tested it with another AX40 in another room.
The result is lower like 0.048.

Not sure if this RMB29 Hepa will reduce it even further.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just got the RMB29 Hepa.

It exceeds a little.

The original when placed inside, the lines are left to right horizontally.

So with the RMB29 Hepa, should i cut along the line?
If i place it in after modification, the lines will be vertical right?
I ordered by 4PX, shipping is charged as 2.x kg.

Regarding the fomaldhyde, I tested it with another AX40 in another room.
The result is lower like 0.048.

Not sure if this RMB29 Hepa will reduce it even further.

Easiest is just to cut along the lines of the HEPA. Then fix it in whatever way you think is best. Gap plug with the plastic wrapping folded up.

I warn you first, is got smell one, but pretty ok. It will disappear after 4 days. You wanna just run it in 24/7 for 48hrs to get rid of the smell, also can.

idontknowdoyou

Reaction score
got timer setting? never saw one before on my XM1/2...

Top right corner in the app, three little dots:

"..."
"Schedule power on/off"

It's not really a timer (turn off in xx hours/mins) but a schedule mode (turn on at 6pm, turn of at 12am).

Then if you want even more control you can use "Location mode" (turn on every day/weekday/etc.) at 7pm, turn on when you're at home (uses Wifi to detect your presence), turn off when you leave, turn on when the windows are closed (buy the Xiaomi smart home sensors), etc.

Can also manually set the sensitivity (turn on when AQI is >50, etc.) but not very useful locally because it's calibrated for China so the lowest threshold is 50, which we don't get unless it's very hazy.

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
lfr4iOx.jpg

My tracking for my XM2 become like this? anybody can explain?

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Qoo10, go search for AX60 and AX70. Good pricings now.....believe coz new batch came out and clearing old models.

But not sure about sellers' service (that's sometimes a big issue, some sellers might delay quite a fair bit but eventually will send out). I see a AX60 (60 sqm) for $569 only + $22 Qxpress.

Actually i have been reading the Samsung manual for his AX60 and 70, i think there is a medium speed that is manually settable, but i can't confirm.

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The said 2016 new models. I posted video before, but that's the tiong models. Below are the Korean market models.

review_6ef16.jpg

review_f31e6.jpg

review_c5bff.jpg

review_399be.jpg

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AX65 (70 sqm) is only 48dB. Is crazy one. It's a bit different from the AX40's 41.6 sqm rating, you might wanna research yourself...the CADR is actually in the 600+ m3/hr range.
The relationship is not linear for larger areas. That's how the older AX60J7000/AX70 worked.

But can't find new CADRs for the new models, maybe need to google a bit.
CADR is always key, especially if you have the air-conditioner to assist in pushing the air in the room (living room can use additional 1-2 fans to push around, even without AC and by using room(s) AC to cool and reduce RH...which we have done many times before in 2014 and 2015)

AX80K7050 = 90 sqm

review_23460.jpg

review_92fff.jpg

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.