The Spectacles Thread. - Part 2

Karl_Jr

Reaction score
Anyone know whether spect in owndays good? Cos heard from 2 frenz asking me not to do spect there as spect did not so good. This has stop me from getting their graph belle spect which I m interested but need ppl to share buy for 2 piece at 50% price

Reasonably good especially the price is reasonable.

ymmak1987

Reaction score
Anyone tried purchasing lens from Richard Artelier located at Orchard Central? $148 for their ultra high index lenses (1.7 index). Seems like a prett decent price for replacement lenses for your favorite pair of frames.

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Saw a frame I liked at ownsday, but unfortunately they don't do transitions and PC lens combo.

Frame and normal lens 178
Top up 100 for either transitions or PC

How? Make the lens at another outlet?

My current photochromic spec was from new China optic at peninsula

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know where can find alot of mykita and lindberg specs?
and is mykita or lindberg more expensive? do not want to be chop as some shops the price diff too much

snip82

Reaction score
anyone know where can find alot of mykita and lindberg specs?
and is mykita or lindberg more expensive? do not want to be chop as some shops the price diff too much

Both are exp :s13: depend what your preferences and fitting. If not wrong, Mykita is also screwless but not sure if it using titanium but Lindberg is using titanium and acetate with Danish royal as it promoting background and win a few red dot prizes but usually their lens preference tied to zesis..

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Both are exp :s13: depend what your preferences and fitting. If not wrong, Mykita is also screwless but not sure if it using titanium but Lindberg is using titanium and acetate with Danish royal as it promoting background and win a few red dot prizes but usually their lens preference tied to zesis..

yup. both are screwless. mykita is stainless steel.
dun see much mykita in shops and i always thoiight it is cheaper than lindberg
so now i want to check with other shop that carry mykita to confirm if this is the case or the person bluff me

ottica at shaw got quite a wide range of lindberg
thanx will go take a look.

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just went to China optical shop..one of the better price shop :)
uncle tony very friendly also.did chit chat with me abit :)
r2cnQknl.jpg

IUBw1Rvl.jpg

Sent from Mount Everest Base Camp using GAGT

Last edited:

Hidy Ho

Reaction score
just went to China optical shop..one of the better price shop :)
uncle tony very friendly also.did chit chat with me abit :)

Is that the exact name of the place? I couldn't find it on Google.

EDIT: I did some more research and I think you are talking about "New China Opticians" located 3 Coleman Street, #B1-12, Peninsula Shopping Centre. Can you confirm?

Last edited:

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that the exact name of the place? I couldn't find it on Google.

EDIT: I did some more research and I think you are talking about "New China Opticians" located 3 Coleman Street, #B1-12, Peninsula Shopping Centre. Can you confirm?

yup is that shop at penisula. gonna make a new spec also? :s12:

Seannie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If spectacles keep slipping downwards when wearing after sometime, what to adjust?

Wearing thin metal frame that has plastic nosepads

best you can do is tell optician to narrow the distance between the nosepads, change to a silicone material for less slippage, and also adjust the temple end to hook down and hook in for more grasp at the back. If still fails, means the frame not designed well. Cant do much after that. Just keep pushing it back up yur face lo. :s12:

FireEmblem

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just made a new pair in jb.

chose the crizal 1.67 eyezen lens. 980 rm for the lens. Got kenna chop carrot boh?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.