[COMMENTARY] Is paying for antivirus a waste of money?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Personally I never paid for an antivirus, so I am not sure.

However the free antivirus are doing their job well so I am sticking with it.

sieow1029

Reaction score
When you leave the house, is closing the door & grille enough for securing your home?

Some people say SG very safe, just close door can already.
Others buy Yale locks, others buy digital locks with fingerprint/RFID access.

Same with paying for Antivirus. You buy peace of mind. Key thing is to buy the RIGHT product.

AKK

Reaction score
If your family members is using your PC, they know anything about security?
Friends and relative coming to your house and use your wifi for their laptop, is their laptop free of malware?
Thumbdrive from your friends and relative, you sure is free of malware?
The list just goes on and on...

在樷林里䒙起耒

Reaction score
I use UWF on my Windows 8.1 PC, and made exclusions here and there. After a reboot it is unlikely there are any malware running.

Last edited:

powershotman

Reaction score
yes i think so

yes i think so. A free one should suffice. and not to say, anti-virus can sometimes introduce more loopholes.. telegiz.com/articles/1076/20160115/google-engineer-discovers-security-loophole-trend-micro-antivirus-program.htm

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
yes i think so. A free one should suffice. and not to say, anti-virus can sometimes introduce more loopholes.. telegiz.com/articles/1076/20160115/google-engineer-discovers-security-loophole-trend-micro-antivirus-program.htm

Definitely, nothing is 100% perfect.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.