View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 11:16 PM   #7042
CCCustom
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe you should consider to partially remove the false ceiling and re-do after the aircon installation. I understand the newer aircon needs more headroom allowance for air inflow. The false ceiling will stack up the cost of the aircon project which will definitely remove the constraints you are facing now.
No the thing is the false ceilings and L-boxes are already up and the ceilings have already been painted. And at this time since the Daikin 5-tick models are definitely no-go for me, I'll probably stick to my original order for the 2-tick Starmex even if the cut-out is big enough for the 5-tick model ... I don't expect us to be heavy aircon users (although that can change if we continue to be bombarded with haze not only from Indonesia but from the northern ASEAN countries like what's been going recently), and what I've read is you need about 5 years of heavy usage of the 5-tick Starmex to break-even with the 2-tick model.

As of now, it does not affect me since I'm resigned to sticking with the 2-tick model. It's just the thought of having to redo the cut-out areas in the future if the 2-tick model breaks down years from now and it gets discontinued there are no longer replacements within the existing cut-out size at that time that bothers me.