Air purifier? - Part 2

tanyj82

Reaction score
Top right corner in the app, three little dots:

"..."
"Schedule power on/off"

It's not really a timer (turn off in xx hours/mins) but a schedule mode (turn on at 6pm, turn of at 12am).

Then if you want even more control you can use "Location mode" (turn on every day/weekday/etc.) at 7pm, turn on when you're at home (uses Wifi to detect your presence), turn off when you leave, turn on when the windows are closed (buy the Xiaomi smart home sensors), etc.

Can also manually set the sensitivity (turn on when AQI is >50, etc.) but not very useful locally because it's calibrated for China so the lowest threshold is 50, which we don't get unless it's very hazy.

Is yours chinese mi home app?
I cant find it from mi home app in google store. Mind share the app?

whitesand

Reaction score
Just to let folks here know:

I just received my AX40 compatible replacement filter. It look, feel and fit exactly the same as Samsung original filter, and from the visual/audeo observation, the airflow from high speed fan setting is the same.

When I said look exactly the same, I meant EXACTLY. From the AC layer, side foam sealing tape, printing on side of filter, folds and reinforcement etc, all the same. It looks like the OEM version for me.

The only difference fr Samsung original filter is, it come in non-colored external box and in a clear plastic bag (see the picture in the review of the following q10 link). The original one come in a colored boxed with Samsung printed on it, and the plastic bag is a better quality black plastic bag. But all these do not matter.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/SAMSUNG-AIR-PURIFIER-REPLACEMENT/442622329#none

Last edited:

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow...maybe i will get a copy to test with the laser particle counter and digital anemometer. :D

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I just received my AX40 compatible replacement filter. It look, feel and fit exactly the same as Samsung original filter, and from the visual/audeo observation, the airflow from high speed fan setting is the same.

When I said look exactly the same, I meant EXACTLY. From the AC layer, side foam sealing tape, printing on side of filter, folds and reinforcement etc, all the same. It looks like the OEM version for me.

The only difference fr Samsung original filter is, it come in non-colored external box and in a clear plastic bag (see the picture in the review of the following q10 link). The original one come in a colored boxed with Samsung printed on it, and the plastic bag is a better quality black plastic bag. But all these do not matter.

Any weird odour?

Denierx

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing. Was planning to get an extra filter for my AX40 bought last year.

hongge

Reaction score
j5kBt3Il.jpg

My qoo10 order from seller finer arrived. After using $10 item disc and $30 cart disc only $176 before shop back and singpost cashback.

Sent from Samsung SM-G925I using GAGT

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I figured out that the fomaldhyde maybe really coming from the filter since there are ALOT of glue used to get the folds. Likewise for the RMB29 hepa.

But after a few days of degas, the numbers drop.

Maybe air it at full speed in an open area for a few days.
XM is also showing but lesser.

I get the readings by placing the device directly at the AP's outlet.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Get the RMB29 filter and modify abit .
Or get the cheap Korean filter from qoo10, wait for discount coupons first

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wow thanks! is the modification difficult to perform?

I used penknife to cut the glue to separate the folds then use scissors to cut.
The cut away section trim a bit can stuff to the gap.
Take note it stinks at first. So degas a few days with full blast.

If you are ordering, 9 pieces fit a carton and can send by 4px.

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BTW my uncle who coughs Alot during sleeping, no longer cough at all.

On AX40 with auto speed setting.
He sleeps around the big living room which we partition out a living space.

This ap thing really works.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
people with issues will be able to tell the difference. no amount of sales talk can convince anybody until they try it.

LoneReaction

Master Member
Reaction score
BTW my uncle who coughs Alot during sleeping, no longer cough at all.

On AX40 with auto speed setting.
He sleeps around the big living room which we partition out a living space.

This ap thing really works.

Wanna buy one for my uncle also.. He is always sneezing. I don't know why the older generation not willing to spend a few hundred dollars for a few years of good sleep / good health. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.