VoteWisely

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Captain America Civil War: First wave of impressions has arrived

Lots of praises for Spider-Man and black panther :o

:s13: no spoiler

https://twitter.com/djkevlar/status/718680131355586562
@djkevlar

#CaptainAmericaCivilWar delivers the goods. Endless Avenger v Avenger action. Tense and still funny. Boseman kills it as Black Panther.

https://twitter.com/GermainLussier/status/718679906167574528
@GermainLussier

Captain America: Civil War is a complex mystery posing a big, fun superhero film. Lots of themes and emotions. Very unexpected & VERY good.

https://twitter.com/mjsamps/status/718679876111216642
@mjsamps

‘Captain America: Civil War’ is so good, it’s a better Avengers movie than the last Avengers movie.

https://twitter.com/devincf
@devincf

First things first: we finally have the perfect Spider-Man and the greatest Peter Parker.

The movie is bigger in scale than WINTER SOLDIER but is so much more personal. The stakes are incredibly emotional.

Next: Black Panther is incredible. Boseman plays him as both regal and full of rage. The most serious character in the film.

https://twitter.com/colliderfrosty
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is literally going to make all the money.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is a Barry Bonds steroids hitting home-run by Marvel & Russo Brothers. And I LOVED Spider-Man in the film. LOVED.

Chadwick Boseman is fantastic as Black Panther. Can't wait to see his solo film. He absolutely nailed the role.

https://twitter.com/andysignore/status/718680641903022080
Follow

Andy SignoreVerified account
‏@andysignore
Get excited for @CaptainAmerica #CivilWar Fantastic Characters, Amazing Action AND it contains the best comic book movie fight EVER. #Hype

https://twitter.com/yogoldsmith/status/718688639861915649
@yogoldsmith

Captain America #CivilWar featured fantastic character driven writing & smart directing with both intense action & emotional moments as well

Spider-Man was excellently played in #CivilWar. His function in the story, plus the correct amount of humor made it really pitch perfect

https://twitter.com/UPROXX/status/718682175311343620
https://twitter.com/mikeryan/status/718680536387043328
@UPROXX

We have seen 'Captain America: Civil War' and it's incredible. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

@mikeryan

Oh yeah, the big fight in Captain America: Civil War is cinematic joy. And Spider-Man is so great. He's in it more than I thought he'd be.

https://twitter.com/tvoti/status/718686166208253952
@tvoti
The superhero movie Civil War most reminded me of was Spider-man 2. Will have more on Tuesday? I think?

(As per usual, this mostly means, “Todd cares about boring structural stuff a lot, while you may not,” but it’s good! I promise!)

https://twitter.com/juanmadpelicula/status/718681808146018305
@juanmadpelicula

Nobody does action better than the Russo Brothers. I want to see #CivilWar again RIGHT NOW.

https://twitter.com/AlexRWelch/status/718680826586669056
Follow

Alex Welch
‏@AlexRWelch
It's the darkest Marvel movie yet, but it's emotionally dark. The scope is bigger, and the stakes are more personal than any Marvel film yet

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
well. Winter Soldier already shown us how the Russo brothers can do with a properly written script.

in b4 they are all MCU fanboys:s13:

we are still 3 weeks away from the showing here -_____-

koizumi888

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AvC7pgQ.gif

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now want to see who die first: Winter Soldier or War Machine?

VoteWisely

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/capta...he-first-reactions-to-captain-america-a137275

I liked it.

— Mike Ryan (@mikeryan) April 9, 2016
First things first: we finally have the perfect Spider-Man and the greatest Peter Parker.

— nived (@devincf) April 9, 2016
‘Captain America: Civil War’ is so good, it’s a better Avengers movie than the last Avengers movie.

— Mike Sampson (@mjsamps) April 9, 2016
Captain America: Civil War is a complex mystery posing a big, fun superhero film. Lots of themes and emotions. Very unexpected & VERY good.

— Germain Lussier (@GermainLussier) April 9, 2016
#CaptainAmericaCivilWar falls into a lot of the same traps as #BvS, but it's a lot more fun. What we get of #SpiderMan is played perfectly.

— William Bibbiani (@WilliamBibbiani) April 9, 2016
Next: Black Panther is incredible. Boseman plays him as both regal and full of rage. The most serious character in the film.

I honestly don't know how Civil War works. There's so much going on but it does. Spidey is AMAZING. Made me smile & laugh till my face hurt

I’m trying not to talk about ‘Civil War’ by comparing it to BvS, but it’s hard. It succeeds because it's exactly what that film is not: FUN.

The big battle scene in #CivilWar is an absolute blast. Spider-Man, as you'd expect, steals the show. Ant-Man, as you might not, a close 2nd

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is literally going to make all the money.

— Steven Weintraub (@colliderfrosty) April 9, 2016
#CaptainAmericaCivilWar delivers the goods. Endless Avenger v Avenger action. Tense and still funny. Boseman kills it as Black Panther.

— Kevin Polowy (@djkevlar) April 9, 2016
Civil War and BvS tackle some of the same themes and have similar beats, yet Cap works because we know and care about these characters.

The plot has problems in #CaptainAmericaCivilWar, no doubt about it. So do the plots of most superhero movies. But when it's fun, it's FUN.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR is a Barry Bonds steroids hitting home-run by Marvel & Russo Brothers. And I LOVED Spider-Man in the film. LOVED.

Here is my #captainamericacivilwar #civilwar emoji pic.twitter.com/HbJvVYrdzQ

— KristianHarloff (@KristianHarloff) April 9, 2016
The movie is bigger in scale than WINTER SOLDIER but is so much more personal. The stakes are incredibly emotional.

Oh yeah, the big fight in Captain America: Civil War is cinematic joy. And Spider-Man is so great. He's in it more than I thought he'd be.

There are things in #CaptainAmericaCivilWar I thought I'd never get to see on the big screen when I was a kid. It's worth watching.

You have only seen 1% of the airport fight. The action is incredible. There's a staircase fight that turns into a chase that's an all timer.

So to wrap it up: it's not perfect, but it's a blast. Better than Age of Ultron. Not as cohesive as Winter Soldier. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

Just saw @CaptainAmerica Civil War!!! Wow! Spider-Man Rocks! Best Action Sequences in any superhero film EVER! pic.twitter.com/5uTdpYvFw6

— Jon Schnepp (@JonSchnepp) April 9, 2016
Finally: the last fight between Steve and Tony is unlike anything you've seen in a Marvel movie. They're both right. You just want them

to stop fighting. It packs a serious emotional punch.

I'll also admit, after 1 viewing, I have some small issues with the film. I'm guessing they'll shrink after a 2nd viewing to unpack them tho

Chadwick Boseman is fantastic as Black Panther. Can't wait to see his solo film. He absolutely nailed the role.

What we thought of Captain America: Civil War pic.twitter.com/4s0Mn5wxxs

— John Campea (@johncampea) April 9, 2016
I'm pretty sure Captain America: Civil War is my favorite Marvel movie.

I lied. One last last thing: this movie plays like a repudiation of BATMAN V SUPERMAN. A devastating reply.

I don't want to drop any #CaptainAmericaCivilWar spoilers but have to get off my chest that I'm pretty sure Vision shops at Banana Republic.

— Kevin Polowy (@djkevlar) April 9, 2016
I didn't see CIVIL WAR tonight -- Tuesday in Vegas -- but my Marvel direct-deposit just hit so what the hell, it's AMAZING OMFG

— Josh Lincoln Dickey (@JLDlite) April 9, 2016
CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR has such incredible action set pieces because you care about the people fighting. It's not just punching bad guys

I could go on all night with this but one last thing. The airport scene in Civil War is probably the best superhero action scene ever.

for press screening they don't show any trailers. We did see one after the credits scene but Marvel usually holds the final one for release

I have to admit it. Captain America: Civil War a letdown after the high of Winter Soldier. It's a better, smarter version of BvS.

— Jim Vejvoda (@JimVejvoda) April 9, 2016
Zemo is another wasted Marvel villain whose scheme is, while not as crazy as Lex's, isn't much more coherent or less convoluted

Spider-Man is both the best & most expendable part of Civil War. I want to see more of him

Big airport brawl is great fun & Civil War sort of limps to the finish line after that. Panther is very cool. Want to see more of him too

But I think between this & BvS I'm done with being reminded of superhero battle collateral damage. We've dealt with it.

Really didn't think I'd care *that* much seeing Spider-Man hanging out with all the other characters. But there he was and it made me happy!

Unsure if ppl will find Cap 3 as fun as trailers sell it. Tony was far more morose than I expected. Parts of movie work better than whole

Civil War is not a bad film at all. But it's not the great movie I'd hoped it would be. It's a good movie with many OK & a few great moments

CA:CW is fantastic. Flat out fantastic. Either my #2 or #3 favorite Marvel film so far. Better than BVS, not quite as good as Deadpool.

Winter Soldier had a better of a story, Civil War better action and set pieces... I'll give a SLIGHT nod to WS over CW, but CW is incredible

I cried tears of joy, okay? Tears of joy. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

— Alex Welch (@AlexRWelch) April 9, 2016
Tom Holland is the greatest Peter Parker and Spider-Man ever put to screen. It made me bawl. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

Black Panther is amazing and Boseman excels here. The most serious character in the film and not in a bad way. #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

It's the darkest Marvel movie yet, but it's emotionally dark. The scope is bigger, and the stakes are more personal than any Marvel film yet

The airport sequence honest to God, might be the best thing I've ever seen in a superhero movie. Ever. You've only seen 1 tiny slice of it.

I honestly think it might be Marvel's best movie to date. Their most ambitious to date and it succeeds in ways they've never done before.

Imagine all of the best moments from The Avengers movies, on steroids and amplified.

Everything that BVS did wrong, Civil War does right. Does so right.

What BVS did to Superman, #CivilWar does the opposite to Spider-Man. Welcome home.

Earns the Beat changes, the action, the banter, the high stakes moments. Doesn't disappoint #CaptainAmericaCivilWar

— Sabina Ibarra (@SabinaHasNoR) April 9, 2016
Was asked if the #CaptainAmericaCivilWar film was light or dark. The Russo Bros crafted a script that had great tonal range

— Sabina Ibarra (@SabinaHasNoR) April 9, 2016
@CaptainAmerica Civil War is straight up amazing. @Marvel has wowed me endlessly, but this is next-level. #CivilWar #TeamCap #Phase3

— Erik Van Sant (@ErikVanSantCBS5) April 9, 2016
just saw #CaptainAmericaCivilWar! That Airport fight tho!!!! AND SPIDERMAN THE BEST HE'S EVER BEEN!

— = K H A I L = (@KhailAnonymous) April 9, 2016
Seriously...this scene is the best thing ever done in a comic book movie! #CaptainAmericaCivilWar pic.twitter.com/zp0X6r7i6e

Sorry Batman V Superman, but Civil War nailed hero vs hero tension...and had some fun with it.

Yeah dude 100%, I never was super into Spider-Man, but this kid IS Spider-Man. https://t.co/W2P7jKp0zy

At 8pm, WINTER SOLDIER was my favorite MCU film.

Roughly 2.5 hours later, CIVIL WAR is now #1.

Action masterpiece. SPIDER-MAN!!!#NerdTears

— Kevin McCarthy (@KevinMcCarthyTV) April 9, 2016
There is an airport action sequence in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR that I would pay full price to see on loop for 3 hours.

Epic Nerd Tears!

— Kevin McCarthy (@KevinMcCarthyTV) April 9, 2016
Perhaps a bit late on Twitter, but Captain America: Civil War is the superheroes fighting superheroes movie we deserve and need right now.

— Adam B. Vary (@adambvary) April 9, 2016
pic.twitter.com/x82oowj7IE

— Rohan Patel (@KingPatel7) April 9, 2016

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.