Amex plat reserve

iamalwaysin

Reaction score
There is currently a promotion for 50,000 bonus points for $5000 spend in 6 months. However t&c does not indicate if it is only for new members.

Called Amex but they don't seem to know as well. Have been waiting for an answer for a few days. Anyone knows the answer?

AS Roma

Reaction score
There is currently a promotion for 50,000 bonus points for $5000 spend in 6 months. However t&c does not indicate if it is only for new members.

Called Amex but they don't seem to know as well. Have been waiting for an answer for a few days. Anyone knows the answer?

My offer through email (no mention of such benefits at all):

Dear XX,

Thank you for your interest in the American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card. With this Card, you will enjoy instant recognition and an extensive range of lifestyle privileges.

Take a look at the selection of privileges* you can enjoy:

· Access to Platinum Luxury Yacht

· Complimentary The Far Card membership worth S$425 (inclusive of GST)

· Complimentary Palate membership worth S$457.96 (inclusive of GST)

· Complete your dining experience with Palate Wine Privileges that presents you with four (4) bottles of wines to pair with some of the finest flavours.

· Enjoy access * to the private Members only Tower Club for use of dining (Atlantic Dining, Ba Xian Dining, Straits Bar) and conference facilities

· Sail away with a total of S$200 complimentary yacht charter vouchers for your next yacht expedition(s)*

· One complimentary night at participating Capri by Fraser properties around the World (excluding Singapore) *

· One night stay in the Adonis Hotel Quaint Queen Room at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in the Carlton City Hotel Singapore at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Dorsett Singapore (balcony room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Naumi Liora (double heritage room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Oasia Hotel Novena Singapore (deluxe room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Studio M Hotel (studio loft room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Scarlet Singapore (executive room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in The Sultan (Puteri room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Dorsett Singapore (splash room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$190 nett*

· One night stay in Naumi (Habitat room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$190 nett*

· Two complimentary Supplementary Cards

Imagine the incredible savings you will gain with all these amazing privileges. Accept the invitation today for an annual fee of just S$535 (inclusive of GST) .

To start living the Platinum Life today, complete and endorse the accompanying form and fax it to XX (attention: XX) with the relevant documents :

· Copy of your latest 12 months CPF contribution

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at XX. I look forward to welcoming you to experience the vibrant new Platinum Life with American Express.

Yours Sincerely

toothpick

Reaction score
My offer through email (no mention of such benefits at all):

Dear XX,

Thank you for your interest in the American Express® Platinum Reserve Credit Card. With this Card, you will enjoy instant recognition and an extensive range of lifestyle privileges.

Take a look at the selection of privileges* you can enjoy:

· Access to Platinum Luxury Yacht

· Complimentary The Far Card membership worth S$425 (inclusive of GST)

· Complimentary Palate membership worth S$457.96 (inclusive of GST)

· Complete your dining experience with Palate Wine Privileges that presents you with four (4) bottles of wines to pair with some of the finest flavours.

· Enjoy access * to the private Members only Tower Club for use of dining (Atlantic Dining, Ba Xian Dining, Straits Bar) and conference facilities

· Sail away with a total of S$200 complimentary yacht charter vouchers for your next yacht expedition(s)*

· One complimentary night at participating Capri by Fraser properties around the World (excluding Singapore) *

· One night stay in the Adonis Hotel Quaint Queen Room at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in the Carlton City Hotel Singapore at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Dorsett Singapore (balcony room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Naumi Liora (double heritage room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Oasia Hotel Novena Singapore (deluxe room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Studio M Hotel (studio loft room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Scarlet Singapore (executive room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in The Sultan (Puteri room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$150 nett*

· One night stay in Dorsett Singapore (splash room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$190 nett*

· One night stay in Naumi (Habitat room) at American Express subsidized rate of S$190 nett*

· Two complimentary Supplementary Cards

Imagine the incredible savings you will gain with all these amazing privileges. Accept the invitation today for an annual fee of just S$535 (inclusive of GST) .

To start living the Platinum Life today, complete and endorse the accompanying form and fax it to XX (attention: XX) with the relevant documents :

· Copy of your latest 12 months CPF contribution

Should you have any questions, feel free to contact me at XX. I look forward to welcoming you to experience the vibrant new Platinum Life with American Express.

Yours Sincerely

is AMEX targeting card holders with mistresses? so many discount hotel rooms in Singapore. Have they forgotten 98% of their card holders have residences in Singapore?

Last edited:

Boon Sim

Reaction score
is AMEX targeting card holders with mistresses? so many discount hotel rooms in Singapore. Have they forgotten 98% of their card holders have residences in Singapore?

SG young families like staycations. 24/7 in 4-room HDB in Punggol is boring... :s13:

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:s13::s13::s13:

I like the hotel offers in Singapore like Marriott, Swissotel, and free room upgrade

iamalwaysin

Reaction score
But the Amex website does list that promotion. And to be honest the 50,000 is the only reason why I would sign up for the card.

AS Roma

Reaction score
But the Amex website does list that promotion. And to be honest the 50,000 is the only reason why I would sign up for the card.

I didn't get offered the 50,000 and sadly I don't think it is offered anymore. If got 50,000 points, I will be the first to apply. As it is, there are not enough perks to justify the annual fees.

tsr_mobile

Reaction score
Are the stack of hotel vouchers + 1 night complimentary stay at Capri by Fraser overseas + access to Tower Club worth the extra $214 to upgrade to Platinum Reserve card?

Spk307

Reaction score
Are the stack of hotel vouchers + 1 night complimentary stay at Capri by Fraser overseas + access to Tower Club worth the extra $214 to upgrade to Platinum Reserve card?

You also get about 28k bonus miles (50k points) if u spend 5k in first 6 months.
Personally, the bonus miles are worth $200, comparing to similar offer from ANZ. The Capri voucher maybe worth $150. It's up to you if the rest of vouchers and discounts can make up the difference.
If u dine out frequently, Amex dining offers can be helpful.

I just realised u already have platinum. Why don't u call support and ask them what vouchers they provide.

tsr_mobile

Reaction score
You also get about 28k bonus miles (50k points) if u spend 5k in first 6 months.
Personally, the bonus miles are worth $200, comparing to similar offer from ANZ. The Capri voucher maybe worth $150. It's up to you if the rest of vouchers and discounts can make up the difference.
If u dine out frequently, Amex dining offers can be helpful.

I just realised u already have platinum. Why don't u call support and ask them what vouchers they provide.
I just spoke to them. They're providing 5 new hotel discount vouchers on top of the 3 existing ones from Swissotel. New hotel vouchers are from dorsett, naumi, naumi liora, Adonis and Oasia Novena.

Also 4 complimentary bottles of wine from some wine shops in Singapore.

Last edited:

stajin

Reaction score
what exactly is the purpose of the reserve tier..
additional 200 sgd a year ... for a bunch of hotel vouchers and tower club access to restaurants (no gym access) + usage of tower club is subjected to a 10% surcharge + 10% service charge .... (its in the fine print)

not sure if i want to upgrade to the reserve card ...

dahnoob

Reaction score
what exactly is the purpose of the reserve tier..
additional 200 sgd a year ... for a bunch of hotel vouchers and tower club access to restaurants (no gym access) + usage of tower club is subjected to a 10% surcharge + 10% service charge .... (its in the fine print)

not sure if i want to upgrade to the reserve card ...

It's possible to get the upgrade while keeping the $321 AF. So you get the benefits at no extra cost.

stajin

Reaction score
It's possible to get the upgrade while keeping the $321 AF. So you get the benefits at no extra cost.

and how does one go about doing that? currently with my platinum credit card i can get fee waiver no problem. with the reserve card i would have to pay 321?

dahnoob

Reaction score
and how does one go about doing that? currently with my platinum credit card i can get fee waiver no problem. with the reserve card i would have to pay 321?

When I called in to downgrade my Singapore issued plat charge to the normal platinum, the RM offered the plat reserve at the same $321 fees, which I've not paid a single time since. I downgraded because I got the US issued platinum, which is way better and cheaper. Check with your RM for more details.

stajin

Reaction score
When I called in to downgrade my Singapore issued plat charge to the normal platinum, the RM offered the plat reserve at the same $321 fees, which I've not paid a single time since. I downgraded because I got the US issued platinum, which is way better and cheaper. Check with your RM for more details.

Yeah I was thinking of getting the canadian plat charge card as well. But do you lnow if the benefits of the us plat chargr card,work in sg. Eg tower club, dining etc.

dahnoob

Reaction score
Yeah I was thinking of getting the canadian plat charge card as well. But do you lnow if the benefits of the us plat chargr card,work in sg. Eg tower club, dining etc.

The Singapore issued plat reserve offers those as well, doesn't need to be the charge.

stajin

Reaction score
The Singapore issued plat reserve offers those as well, doesn't need to be the charge.

i know but the plat charge has more perks. I only want one amex plat card. I dont want to carry a sg reserve and a canadian charge card

dahnoob

Reaction score
Why do you need to carry both? I use mainly Singapore issued cards in Singapore and US issued cards elsewhere.

i know but the plat charge has more perks. I only want one amex plat card. I dont want to carry a sg reserve and a canadian charge card

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.