Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

precise

Reaction score
anyone here having a similar Mitsubishi System 4 (MXY-4A28VA compressor with 4 x MSY-GE10 fancoils) installed for 4 bedrooms? Will the 4 rooms cool down fast enough and maintain its coolness thereafter?

Is $4700 reasonable with 1/2" thermaflex copper pipe (G22), 3C Keystone wire and stainless steel bracket?

I got a quote for same sys with standard material for 3799 for the 2 ticks mit 28va.upgrade to the material that you stated but different brand should be around 350. Add 150 for ss bracket.
Should be around 4300.think I was given a bigger fcu for the hall and room is ge10.

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
Been thinking and researching for very long, still cant decide between system 3 Daikin 22kBTU 4 tick model and Mitsubishi starmex 2 tick model.

want to get the daikin for the extended 2 year warranty but mum is super stubbon and insist on supporting daikin, her reason is because daikin sales not so good thats why give extend warranty. "no free gift in the world " mentality.

Andrewccs

Reaction score
Dear all,

Please advise :

Master room : 9.5ft x 17.5 ft is quite rectangular shall i choose spec 1?

1-MSY3A28A , 2x MSYGE10VA 1x MSYGE13VA

2-MSY3A28A , 3x MSYGE10VA

Thanks and best regards.

Last edited:

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
living room - 34.78m2
main bedroom - 18.5m2
bedroom 2 - 19m2
bedroom 3 - 13.16m2

I was given a quote from JK air con

heavy industries

living room -18000 btu , main bedroom - 12000 btu , 9000 btu x2 - $3900 with 4 new set of materials upgraded to 1/2 insulation armaflex 16mm

is this worth while ?

is this worthwhile ?

bibu00

Master Member
Reaction score
Daikin System 3 with 4 ticks is only having 17k BTU. Bro Cannotliao said it may not sufficient to cool 3 rooms. As I think it's will take longer time to cool the room.

I going to give Daikin a try. Alot said Daikin technology & quality not bad as she a Jap coy. Somemore with additional 1+2 yrs warranty really is no horse run.

Cause sometimes it is Heng sway your air con parts breakdown after 1 warranty period, and you ganna to fork out money to repair. Those air con parts are not cheap and with inclusive of labor charge. Having experienced with moi 10yrs + MIT Elec.

Oso my flat dun have late afternoon sunshine, front and back tio block and we switch on air con only before 9pm.

The btu are very inconsistent across websites. Their official website also not updated. Contractor told me 22kbtu for daikin 4tick sys 3.

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Daikin System 3 with 4 ticks is only having 17k BTU. Bro Cannotliao said it may not sufficient to cool 3 rooms. As I think it's will take longer time to cool the room.

I going to give Daikin a try. Alot said Daikin technology & quality not bad as she a Jap coy. Somemore with additional 1+2 yrs warranty really is no horse run.

Cause sometimes it is Heng sway your air con parts breakdown after 1 warranty period, and you ganna to fork out money to repair. Those air con parts are not cheap and with inclusive of labor charge. Having experienced with moi 10yrs + MIT Elec.

Oso my flat dun have late afternoon sunshine, front and back tio block and we switch on air con only before 9pm.

I also confirm to get Daikin Silver Envi for my resale flat.

precise

Reaction score
any recommended retailers at IMM/west side to recommend? is AllBest good? to better stick to gaincity?

Both have its fair share of complaints in various forums. I done my first aircon with GC and now trying my luck with AB. To be fair, both companies are established for a long time though the latter one is relatively smaller since it focused on Aircon.

Bought Toshiba from AB. Pricing wise it is about $300-$400 less.

Installation in mid May and will post update after installation. Keep my finger cross.
:)

SBS_Transit

Reaction score
For those who are considering the Daikin system 3 3mks50fsg 4 ticks, if you're going to turn on all 3 rooms at the same time i would recommend that you get the 3mks71fsg 3 ticks or other brands. The 3mks50fsg would be suitable if you only turn on any 2 rooms at the same time. I was also considering the 3mks50fsg but in the end i went with Mitsubishi starmex system 3 MXY-3G28VA 5 ticks after listening to advice that the 3mks50fsg is not sufficient to power 3 rooms. :s22:

doraemon123

Reaction score
Hi,
For my new 5 room BTO, will be partitioning the study area into a room.

We're thinking of this configuration:
System 3 for 3 bedrooms
System 2 for study room + living/dining

Our usage Pattern:
12 hours/day for study room,
9 hours/day for MBR

May switch on living room when we're watching TV or during haze period.

Deciding between Mitsuibishi, Daikin and Panasonic.

Is the 5 ticks model for Mit Electric good? Salesman at GC told us that it's a new model and not much reviews. Also mentioned that the compressor is noisy and it's not as 'stable' as the 2 ticks model.

We're wondering it's worth it to get the 5 ticks model as our AC is on almost 20 hours every day. If the energy savings is not significant we may get the cheaper 2 ticks model, since he mentioned it's 'tested and proven' in the market.

He also mentioned that the BTU for Daikin will not be sufficient for our layout. And he didn't recommend Panasonic too. So we're not sure if he's trying to push sales for Mit Electric.

Also, is it necessary to get the 12k Fancoil for MBR or will 9k suffice?

Appreciate any advice! :)

cannotliao

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
aircon repair is never cheap. anything down will cost hundreds of dollar. the site visit alone for troubleshoot without any repair will cost around $100 per visit.

daikin is the best buy now with the extra 2yrs warranty on parts and if add in the 1st year warranty total is 3yrs.
mitshibishi was very popular largely due to the advertising and marketing. they got the most advertisement out of all brands.
if pricing aside, i will pick daikin over mitshibishi follow by panasonic or toshiba.
if go google or ask around all brands also got good and bad review. same brand some people using 8~10yrs or more without problem, some after the 1st warranty start to give problem and need to cough out hundred of dollar for repair so the best assurances is still the warranty. any issue we still can go back to manufacturer for repair work and that will save the cost alot.

empirestrike

Reaction score
aircon repair is never cheap. anything down will cost hundreds of dollar. the site visit alone for troubleshoot without any repair will cost around $100 per visit.

daikin is the best buy now with the extra 2yrs warranty on parts and if add in the 1st year warranty total is 3yrs.
mitshibishi was very popular largely due to the advertising and marketing. they got the most advertisement out of all brands.
if pricing aside, i will pick daikin over mitshibishi follow by panasonic or toshiba.
if go google or ask around all brands also got good and bad review. same brand some people using 8~10yrs or more without problem, some after the 1st warranty start to give problem and need to cough out hundred of dollar for repair so the best assurances is still the warranty. any issue we still can go back to manufacturer for repair work and that will save the cost alot.

redcon air troubleshooting will cost only $50....:)

terumo

Reaction score
To doraemon123,

You should get the 5 ticks as you will save back on the energy savings.

For master room, if budget permits, you should upgrade to the 12k btu to make it more efficient.
As 12k btu will cool down the room faster.

Boeing101

Reaction score
Urgent help!
Coolserve saleman tell me since i live in hdb, my ME VA38 compresor cannot break the factory set ampere limit of 8.5A. Sure?

Boeing101

Reaction score
I thought aircon power point limit only 20A while citcuit breaker limit 40A. Other then that, hdb cant be bother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.