Amazon Kindle Oasis announced!

rogue_strider

Reaction score
The price is a bit of a turn off since its like nearly $100 more than the voyage.

And furthermore, amazon seems to bundle the cover with the oasis, it would be better if it was separate so we could have a choice to use a lighter cover without the extra battery tacked on to it. It would also make the oasis's price by itself to be more inline with the voyage.

If I don't have the voyage and only the paperwhite, maybe I'll get this but for now I'll just stick to the voyage that I have.

Last edited:

hnzfaz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Super sian. They just change the shape and increase the bevel size. Some may find it useful, esp those with big thumbs, but I don't find it justifying the cost, or improving the reading experience.

I'll get it anyway, to appease the OCD in me.

jeffyen2

Reaction score
>>The price is a bit of a turn off since its like nearly $100 more than the voyage.

Hehe that is actually the point. What can happen is that more people will be encouraged to get the Voyage since 'it is not so expensive relatively speaking now'!

I am actually quite surprised they actually doubled down on the 'high end market'...

rogue_strider

Reaction score
>>The price is a bit of a turn off since its like nearly $100 more than the voyage.

Hehe that is actually the point. What can happen is that more people will be encouraged to get the Voyage since 'it is not so expensive relatively speaking now'!

I am actually quite surprised they actually doubled down on the 'high end market'...

Considering amazon only lowered the price of voyage only by $20 from the price when it first came out, the voyage is still expensive considering its just an e-reader.

Will have to see the reviews of this new oasis although i'm perfectly happy with the voyage.

And you should read the question and answer section on the amazon oasis page, quite hilarious. haha.

One more point to add is that when i read, i do shift my voyage from right to left and back again. So if its the oasis, i can still do that but now i can't use the buttons cause its only on one side and in order to read with the easy buttons on my left hand, i have to turn around the oasis as i shift it.

I get where amazon is coming from but it seems the quite a few users brought up valid problems that they foresee using the oasis.

Last edited:

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just po one without ads. first time having a ebook reader that is so ex...dunno why amazon got to bundle the reader with leather case tsk tsk...

SaulGoodman

Reaction score
just po one without ads. first time having a ebook reader that is so ex...dunno why amazon got to bundle the reader with leather case tsk tsk...

I have a kindle paperwhite 2015 version.
Been contemplating whether to change to the Oasis or not.
I do like the physical turn page button on the Oasis. But not sure is it really worth to pay so much just for the upgrade...

Thoughts?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do like the physical turn page button on the Oasis. But not sure is it really worth to pay so much just for the upgrade...

Thoughts?
Actually I buy oasis because of the size and physical buttons if not I will not spend so much on oasis. Have pw1 n voyage before. But in the end using kobo aura h2o. I also don't like why I buy so much for their bundle leather case. But no choice leh.

Sent from Huawei NEXUS 6P using GAGT

makav31i

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The kindle paperwhite is 300ppi same as the voyage and oasis...Might as well stick to the paperwhite...I would only upgrade my paperwhite if they come up with a bigger screen for me to read pdf...

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
The kindle paperwhite is 300ppi same as the voyage and oasis...Might as well stick to the paperwhite...I would only upgrade my paperwhite if they come up with a bigger screen for me to read pdf...

waiting for bigger screen till neck long

jeffyen2

Reaction score

Thoughts?

If you have no issues with the P1_2015, there's no reason to change. Every paperwhite released in the last 2 years has been stellar. :)

Of course, I know you're curious about the Oasis hehhehe

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.