Shuttle trains travelling from Woodlands

bbmars1128

Reaction score
use "easybook" website is the easiest :vijayadmin:

no seats available on easybook site. Its the same as KTM home page because they book from KTM. Just that KTM get instant reply while easybook site needs some 2 days confirmation. Ticket issue by them is from KTM.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
170 will stop at the train station entrance.
170X will not, it go straight to the immigration building
Check out other buses that stop at the train station entrance: 178, 856, 903, 911, 912, 913, 950 which you may take from Woodlands MRT/Interchange etc, not necessary from Kranji only which can be crowded at those peak period.

Go to Woodland interchange to take your buses to KTM entrance. Alight at the old interchange where Sheng Siong is located. You won't miss it, too many people getting down there. its very near from here about less than 5 min walk. Don't need to go into custom building and walk out. Its something like 10min walk KTM entrance.

As the Woodland interchange has just been shifted to the temporary interchange, it is a bit inconvenient as compared to the old one. berth 6 & 7, you can take either bus 911 or 913. Watch out for sign which indicates Woodland train station. Please note that these buses are town link. So be careful which berth you board the bus.

856 and 950 is group together at the last berth all the way to the back.. kind of inconvenient. The rest of the buses suggested by someone else,

Please note that 178 do not stop near KTM train entrance. It only goes to interchange on the way back and stop by at KTM bus stop.

At the old interchange, most buses going to KTM bus stop were clustered together, like 911, 912, 913, 856, 903, etc... However, there is a different in journey and number of stops these buses are route to. the fastest is 911 and 913.
Forget 856 as it is too far a distance to walk at interchange. in fact the route is almost identical to 950 except that it does not goes into custom building.

andy_sg_123

Reaction score
Hi, booking from ktm directly is more advisable since tickets are issued by them. But I noticed that it is more expensive. To & fro cost myr34 per pax whereas easy book only cost myr20+?

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Hi, booking from ktm directly is more advisable since tickets are issued by them. But I noticed that it is more expensive. To & fro cost myr34 per pax whereas easy book only cost myr20+?

Yes, but you also need personal information for individual to be entered but not with easybooking. I takes an extra day in order to receive the confirmation.
Frankly, no hurry if you book in advance unless super peak period.

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes, but you also need personal information for individual to be entered but not with easybooking. I takes an extra day in order to receive the confirmation.

take train convenient or not?

how to go?

andy_sg_123

Reaction score

Thanks, when do we consider as super peak period? Are Sundays during school holidays consider as super peak period?

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Thanks, when do we consider as super peak period? Are Sundays during school holidays consider as super peak period?

Common sense when everyone wants to take advantage of certain day like public holiday, etc... Dec school holiday, etc....

Its really up to you to explore to find out more and gain experience. I also learn the hard way last Dec. I had never taken the train before that, never expected the Paris bombing could have so much effect on border crossing.

All the more so now even the MY CIQ is doing what SG is doing. So I would prefer to come back by train if I sense that could be pack. There again, I might be wrong. My last Monday trip to KSL pasam malam 2 weeks ago proved to be wrong. Causeway no jam.

Anyway, causeway has less jam now as both customs are doing the check before entering for clearance. So most jam are mostly before custom building. Only thing I hope, there are sufficient buses crossing the causeway so that there won't be any human jam in custom building..... by then... SIAN....

veryhungryboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
take train convenient or not?

how to go?

if u just wanna try train for fun, best time is weekdays 4.30pm from JB Sentral to SG. not much pple can sit anywhere, train not even filled up. Go in via public bus, return by KTM.

ticket oso no need buy in advance for that timing, just head straight to the counter when u enter JB and buy from there on the spot. den do ur shopping makan watever before departure timing. all info in this thread.

BlurKillerEX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stay at woodlands and the train checkpoint is very accessible for me, I go to jb almost every weekend by train. From the moment I step out of my house until the point I reach city square less than 1h. I usually book the tickets at least a week in advance through easybook because it can sell out quite fast.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
I stay at woodlands and the train checkpoint is very accessible for me, I go to jb almost every weekend by train. From the moment I step out of my house until the point I reach city square less than 1h. I usually book the tickets at least a week in advance through easybook because it can sell out quite fast.

1 week may not be enough just like last Good Friday. someone was asking for ticket sales. A check on KTM site indicates all ticket sold out for the morning. a little further back, CNY....... no need to say, sold out the moment it went on sale. even 1 week after CNY. I tried booking 2 weeks before CNY and found it sold out.

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score

so lucky! :s13::s13::s13:

dleodleo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just to reconfirm that there is no direct train from Singapore to other parts of Malaysia right? We have to take train from Singapore to JB sentral then from there transit another train to other parts of Malaysia right?

wildkev

Reaction score
Hi,

Just to reconfirm that there is no direct train from Singapore to other parts of Malaysia right? We have to take train from Singapore to JB sentral then from there transit another train to other parts of Malaysia right?

Yup... now quite troublesome unlike previously

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got there by bus after lunch yesterday and headed to buy the return ticket for 9pm.

So glad for the smoother immigration and customs clearances. :)

MEZZO

Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Yes, JB Sentral to KL Sentral. Night sleeper train at 10.30 pm from JB Sentral. Reaching KL Sentral at 7 am. No more 1st class sleeper coach. Cost RM39 or RM45 (lower deck).
fyip

I'm interested to take a train from SG to KL.

So I should indicate JB Sentral to Sentral KL right?

How to choose the different kind of lodging in the train ? For example 1st class, 2nd class etc

https://intranet.ktmb.com.my/e-ticket/Booking.aspx

Can anyone help me?

xuan56

Reaction score
Hi all the gurus out there,

I read from the thread that we may book the woodland -> JB Sentral tickets via easybook. But can i know after i gotten the confirmation email, do i need to collect the tickets from the counter on that day itself ? Sorry for asking as this will be the first time purchasing tickets via easybook. What about JB side do i also need to collect the tickets at the counter on that day itself. Sorry for asking so stupid qns.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.