Just complete my OSCP, Career advice needed

chupket

Reaction score
Hi, im currently working as desktop engineer and just reach my 30s. I got the double forensic/BIT degree from years back. I also got CEHv3, ITIL and MCSA2008. Recently i also manage to complete my OSCP and also thinking of persuading OSCE so i will be more prepare for secured environment. I have about 7yr+ in the IT

Any idea what job i should be looking for and salary range? im currently at early 3k. Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, im currently working as desktop engineer and just reach my 30s. I got the double forensic/BIT degree from years back. I also got CEHv3, ITIL and MCSA2008. Recently i also manage to complete my OSCP and also thinking of persuading OSCE so i will be more prepare for secured environment. I have about 7yr+ in the IT

Any idea what job i should be looking for and salary range? im currently at early 3k. Any advice would be appreciated!

get a IT security job 1st before getting more certs. Same pay also nvrmind.. An employer will never hire a person with tons of cert without any relevant experience.

Last edited:

chupket

Reaction score
Thank you very much, will try my luck.

get a IT security job 1st before getting more experience. Same pay also nvrmind.. An employer will never a person with tons of cert without any relevant experience.

Hmm IT sec so jia lat? tot singapore pushing for cyber security.

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much, will try my luck.

Hmm IT sec so jia lat? tot singapore pushing for cyber security.

CISSP is the way to go... dont need so many certs.

Any job needs ppl with experience.:) Will u as an employer dare hire a person with zero experience to handle a multi million project to safe guard its security system? :s22:

I hope u are local with NS for CAT1 clearance and nvr marry a Foreign wife. Your choice is limited if u r not CAT 1 cleared.

look out for security trainee positions.. just visit all company sites for trainee programs..

Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You pass oscp exam you scared no job ?

This is so true,

if u cant find in 6 months if u looking out seriously then its time u burn your cert then mix with water then drink... LOL Just joking!! :D

seesiang

Reaction score
as the bros mentioned, OSCP is one of the heaviest sought certificates in penetration testing environment.

Unless you are not heading towards penetration testing, or this certificate will be your trump card.

Offtopic: Are you the guy from linkedin?

seesiang

Reaction score
as the bros mentioned, OSCP is one of the heaviest sought certificates in penetration testing environment.

Unless you are not heading towards penetration testing, or this certificate will be your trump card.

Offtopic: Are you the guy from linkedin?

bro, convert to CREST.

at least 2 of the big fours are hiring.

chupket

Reaction score
Ya im local, oh the cert is hot? hope the cert fly faster, then can start sending resume...

Nope i never use linkin, infact i dun use or mostly inactive on all the social media. Social media too easy to scan heh

nbhw_0987

Reaction score
Bro, one of the best way for companies head hunter or recruiter to hunt u is thru LinkedIn, why not hook urself up there. Less trouble, and do land urself in the security industry first, as most companies does not hire people without exp.

Hope this help!

Ya im local, oh the cert is hot? hope the cert fly faster, then can start sending resume...

Nope i never use linkin, infact i dun use or mostly inactive on all the social media. Social media too easy to scan heh

Xiaosa1

Reaction score
Its not about the certification. Its about what you have learned from the certification and using the knowledge to communicate in an articulate manner to impress prospective employers.

paper82

Reaction score

So you get any pen-tester job?

alanwade123

Reaction score

Any job needs ppl with experience.:) Will u as an employer dare hire a person with zero experience to handle a multi million project to safe guard its security system? :s22:

I hope u are local with NS for CAT1 clearance and nvr marry a Foreign wife. Your choice is limited if u r not CAT 1 cleared.

look out for security trainee positions.. just visit all company sites for trainee programs..

international or local candidates ?

0x0011

Reaction score

hi,

how do one knows if he's a CAT 1 or not?

0x0011

Reaction score
Join "Government" or work on government projects? and you will find out :)

how about as an individual?

wondering if one should stop pursuing security cert if cat 1 is that important or am i missing something?

Last edited:

Lastexile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how about as an individual?

wondering if one should stop pursuing security cert if cat 1 is that important or am i missing something?

I am pretty sure the guy who talked about cat 1 doesn't really know about the security industry.

There are plenty of places to do security, it's not just restricted to government secret/top secret projects such as financial institutions, healthcare, transport, oil & gases, tech companies... oops thats like almost everywhere. I am not worried about jobs if you have the skillsets, everywhere is in need of good people :)

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
here are some details about the OSCP certificate.

"Use multiple information gathering techniques to identify and enumerate targets running various operating systems and services.
Write basic scripts and tools to aid in the penetration testing process.
Analyze, correct, modify, cross-compile, and port public exploit code.
Successfully conduct both remote and client side attacks.
Identify and exploit XSS, SQL injection, and file inclusion vulnerabilities in web applications.
Deploy tunneling techniques to bypass firewalls.
Demonstrate creative problem solving and lateral thinking"

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.