Malaysia prepaid card

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be on the normal hotlink as imo Maxis still have best reception for the places I go to in Malaysia. Easier to top up as in worst case scenario, can ask friend to gift a top up. :D

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Top Up of RM$10 was credited RM$9.43.
But a sms later says i got a REBATE of RM$0.57.

I have a Tron SIM card.

Last time bought the top-up slip at 7-11 after GST was implemented, need to pay RM10.60 for RM10 value.

How come now I buy the same RM10 top-up at 7-11, the GST is deducted from the RM10 ? I didn't get the rebate like you.

kitkat2

Reaction score
I have a Tron SIM card.

Last time bought the top-up slip at 7-11 after GST was implemented, need to pay RM10.60 for RM10 value.

How come now I buy the same RM10 top-up at 7-11, the GST is deducted from the RM10 ? I didn't get the rebate like you.

you need to buy from the correct vendor :)

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I will be on the normal hotlink as imo Maxis still have best reception for the places I go to in Malaysia. Easier to top up as in worst case scenario, can ask friend to gift a top up. :D

Use the epay site. No additional surcharge. Just that exchange rate not as good...

kitkat2

Reaction score
Use the epay site. No additional surcharge. Just that exchange rate not as good...

the exchange rate is the same as when you use your credit card overseas.

you could also do direct topup on lazada, and use discount code and collect points. they might take their own sweet time to process your topup order, so refrain from using this method on the last day of grace period or your might lose your number.

Last edited:

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the exchange rate is the same as when you use your credit card overseas.

you could also do direct topup on lazada, and use discount code and collect points. they might take their own sweet time to process your topup order, so refrain from using this method on the last day of grace period or your might lose your number.

Lazada.com.my?

Epay will email you the top up code once you paid. Your line must be able to use the ussd commands to top up though...

hq83

Master Member
Reaction score
Lazada.com.my?

Epay will email you the top up code once you paid. Your line must be able to use the ussd commands to top up though...

Email come immediately?
Thinking of trying once I finish all my 7 - 11 topup..

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Email come immediately?
Thinking of trying once I finish all my 7 - 11 topup..

Yes, once payment is made on epay, you will receive an email with the top up code. Almost instantly.

I was worried as well so i just did a rm$5 reload to try. And i was relieved that it really works.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Free Basic Internet AND Extended Validity

Seeing that the latest Digi New Best Prepaid v2 comes with free basic internet as well as SLL option, I guess this is the only convenient/lazy plan at the moment?

Probably good for those who go over very often, but don't want any hassle of having to watch the card's validity, and/or having to subscribe to a data package that often? Just have some data access on standby for Whatsapp and stuff.

I also used to use Tron PPU Internet as the charge seemed quite low... =:p

Only thing is the SLL for v2 is RM68/year, quite like paying RM30 for the year's basic internet, since SLL for v1 is RM38/year.

Any thoughts?

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Seeing that the latest Digi New Best Prepaid v2 comes with free basic internet as well as SLL option, I guess this is the only convenient/lazy plan at the moment?

Probably good for those who go over very often, but don't want any hassle of having to watch the card's validity, and/or having to subscribe to a data package that often? Just have some data access on standby for Whatsapp and stuff.

Only thing is the SLL for v2 is RM68/year, quite like paying RM30 for the year's basic internet, since SLL for v1 is RM38/year.

Any thoughts?

This will be good if users just need basic internet for fyi usage.

$30 per annum for basic internet is cheap...

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just take note the basic internet only works if sim is still active. Not recommended if user like to upload photos.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Umobile - Free 1GB (High Speed) + 2GB (Basic 64kbps)
As long as your card is not expired, no need credit to be in.
Minimum RM$5 to extend card validity to 60 days.

So it's about RM$30 for a year.

http://www.liewcf.com/u-mobile-power-prepaid-28320/

A post i just saw.... But the 1GB fast internet is extended till June 2016 (instead on January 2016)

Edit::
If i top up RM$5, my line is active for 5 Days.
After the 5 days, can i still use the 1GB Fast internet?

Messy after i read the page.....

Last edited:

grazy0

Reaction score
Edit::
If i top up RM$5, my line is active for 5 Days.
After the 5 days, can i still use the 1GB Fast internet?

Messy after i read the page.....

If you are newly registered your sim, you will need to topup at least RM10 to activate this 1GB Fast internet.

The 1GB will be given monthly (based on the date you topup the first 10RM) regardless the sim is active or not.

So for your question, YES, the remaining 1GB quota will be there but you can not utilize it since account not active any more. Once you topup another 5RM or more, then you will have 5 days more to use up the remaining data.

alpc

Reaction score
Er... instead of doing all these, is it worth to just use the data roaming program from M1?

what88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

For my case, I will rather use Tunetalk over New DIGI Best V2 (RM28 vs RM68 for 1 year validity), RM40 in different can use to make 4 x RM10 top up for Tunetalk; which will give a 300MB free data for every top up, more worth to me as I seldom travel to Malaysia.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Er... instead of doing all these, is it worth to just use the data roaming program from M1?

its supposedly a VPN connection. If reliability is a concern, suggest using a SIM prepaid that works best for the area you are staying.

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you are newly registered your sim, you will need to topup at least RM10 to activate this 1GB Fast internet.

The 1GB will be given monthly (based on the date you topup the first 10RM) regardless the sim is active or not.

So for your question, YES, the remaining 1GB quota will be there but you can not utilize it since account not active any more. Once you topup another 5RM or more, then you will have 5 days more to use up the remaining data.

Yup, i'm made known to top up RM$10 to activate the free 1GB Fast Speed offer.

Sad that the CARD need to be active to use the 1GB. Every RM$1 = 1 day active.
Before card validity expire (60 days after credit expires).

My thinking is after credit expires & before card expires, i am able to use the 1GB Free Fast Speed Data & the 2GB Basic Speed Data.

It's only my wishful thinking then.

Basically need to have ACTIVE credit to use them.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.