The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you guys use heat and hair product to style your hair at least 5x/week? I think I lose a lot of hair doing that man.. Every morning lose ~20 strands of hair. I didnt go count them of course, just an estimation from looking at the floor.

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Do you guys use heat and hair product to style your hair at least 5x/week? I think I lose a lot of hair doing that man.. Every morning lose ~20 strands of hair. I didnt go count them of course, just an estimation from looking at the floor.

I used to have similar issues like you, sometimes when the hair is long, there can be as much as 50 - 60 strands on the floor, I almost wanted to see doctor back then.

But after I cut the hair shorter, and wait for it to dry naturally to about only 10% wet, then I use hairdryer (with the diffuse attachment thing + lowest heat) to dry the rest. This will keep damage to a minimum.

For conditioning, I apply a lot of conditioner to the hair and let it stay there for 30 mins before washing it off.

I only use a bit of powdershake + hair spray, though.

For maintenance, I use water matrix after every shower to moisturize the hair and also that bulboton hair loss thing to take care of it.

of course, all these hair products add up to quite a bit (since i also perm which sets me back by another $150+), but it's worth it long term.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

One question for this typical kpop hairstyle.
See below vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyekWBfZAqM

Look at the guy with the red checkered long sleeve shirt and the ball-like blonde hair on the left.

Did he apply some sort of wax + spray on that hair, or is it naturally thick like this? When he turns his head, the hair doesn't move a bit.....the whole thing looks like a wig. Is it, or is it not? :eek::eek::eek:

I've seen a couple of guys here in SG (PRCs, to be exact) with similar hairstyle and when the wind blows (huge winds), it doesn't move at all.

If the hairstyle is short like those combback or crew cut and wind blows and it doesn't move, I can understand, but this type of long one? It defies logic.

Can someone explain or analyze? :eek::eek::eek:
one word.

PERM

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I used to have similar issues like you, sometimes when the hair is long, there can be as much as 50 - 60 strands on the floor, I almost wanted to see doctor back then.

But after I cut the hair shorter, and wait for it to dry naturally to about only 10% wet, then I use hairdryer (with the diffuse attachment thing + lowest heat) to dry the rest. This will keep damage to a minimum.

For conditioning, I apply a lot of conditioner to the hair and let it stay there for 30 mins before washing it off.

For maintenance, I use water matrix after every shower to moisturize the hair and also that bulboton hair loss thing to take care of it.

of course, all these hair products add up to quite a bit (since i also perm which sets me back by another $150+), but it's worth it long term.
THIRTY MINUTES??? u damn hardcore sia.... apply and immediately wash off should be the way for most modern conditioners. :s22::s22::s22::s22:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u stand there naked for 30 mins, will feel cold bo???

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
THIRTY MINUTES??? u damn hardcore sia.... apply and immediately wash off should be the way for most modern conditioners. :s22::s22:

i think i'm just greedy lah, i want the hair to absorb as much nutrients as possible. also, i find that when i put the conditioner longer (20 - 30 mins), it can really soften and clean away the spray and stuff there. Previously when i apply and just wash off, the spray and hair products can't go away (shampoo is unable to clean the stuff off, only the olive oil conditioner can)

i remember reading an article some years back which says conditioners need time to be absorbed into the hair.

u stand there naked for 30 mins, will feel cold bo???

of course i didn't. :s13::s13::s13:

i take a long time to bath (20 - 30 mins), slowly wash.
what happens is, at the start of the bath, i apply conditioner and let it stay on the hair. Then, for the next 30 mins, i just bath normally, then before stepping out of shower, i wash it off.

feels really really good and hair feels very soft afterwards. :s13::s13::s13:

mrgabriellee

Reaction score
is it weird to shave 1 side undercut (right) 1 side high slope (left)? My fringe is towards the left (high slope)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think i'm just greedy lah, i want the hair to absorb as much nutrients as possible. also, i find that when i put the conditioner longer (20 - 30 mins), it can really soften and clean away the spray and stuff there. Previously when i apply and just wash off, the spray and hair products can't go away (shampoo is unable to clean the stuff off, only the olive oil conditioner can)

i remember reading an article some years back which says conditioners need time to be absorbed into the hair.

what happens is, at the start of the bath, i apply conditioner and let it stay on the hair. Then, for the next 30 mins, i just bath normally, then before stepping out of shower, i wash it off.

Can consider using hair mask the next time, for deep conditioning. And yes, it is indeed true that leaving it longer on the hair will enhance the end results, as it takes time for the hair mask/conditioner to work into the inner hair layer. If you have budget, can bring it further by using conditioning heat cap or steamer to DIY at home. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I guess most people use blowdryer and styling products on their hair everyday. And of course, there will be consequences that follow. But it is not the end as there can be ways to reduce the damage done (preventive) or to fix it (corrective).

You can consider using a good heat protectant to reduce the heat damage done to your hair when you see symptoms caused by heat, such as dry or frizzy or even split ends.

When you feel that your scalp is often itchy or feels "dirty", try out a scalp cleansing shampoo to cleanse it well. And if its you having a hard time to comb through your hair due to excess styling product residues in the hair, try changing to a stronger cleanser to do a better job.

First impression after reading your post, get yourself a new and stronger cleanser. It seems that your hair is not cleansed properly that leads to probable yanking off of the hair. I could be wrong as you will know it better yourself.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

like jh say, only if u using old fashioned hair mask then u leave in long. for modern conditioners its best to not let it soak there too long tho... not too great for scalp. u know they always say conditioner avoid scalp? i think if u leave in for so long sure will flow onto ur scalp rest there one

boringLife-

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess most people use blowdryer and styling products on their hair everyday. And of course, there will be consequences that follow. But it is not the end as there can be ways to reduce the damage done (preventive) or to fix it (corrective).

You can consider using a good heat protectant to reduce the heat damage done to your hair when you see symptoms caused by heat, such as dry or frizzy or even split ends.

When you feel that your scalp is often itchy or feels "dirty", try out a scalp cleansing shampoo to cleanse it well. And if its you having a hard time to comb through your hair due to excess styling product residues in the hair, try changing to a stronger cleanser to do a better job.

First impression after reading your post, get yourself a new and stronger cleanser. It seems that your hair is not cleansed properly that leads to probable yanking off of the hair. I could be wrong as you will know it better yourself.

So far okay leh. Hair feel very smooth and soft when I touch it.. Just that it keeps on dropping lo lol. Especially when shampooing or applying hair products. Palm a lot of hair.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far okay leh. Hair feel very smooth and soft when I touch it.. Just that it keeps on dropping lo lol. Especially when shampooing or applying hair products. Palm a lot of hair.

Then IMO, it might have to do with weak hair follicles. Try getting hair tonic or ampoule to strengthen and nourish the weakened hair follicles. Condition should improve from there.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like jh say, only if u using old fashioned hair mask then u leave in long. for modern conditioners its best to not let it soak there too long tho... not too great for scalp. u know they always say conditioner avoid scalp? i think if u leave in for so long sure will flow onto ur scalp rest there one

I wouldnt use "old fashioned" but instead, conventional. For hair conditioner, i will wash off probably after 30 seconds or so. Wouldnt be more than a minute. It will probably do more harm than good. Silky smooth hair can be achieved through many other means such as vitamin booster, which is getting increasingly popular nowadays.

But when it comes to deep conditioning, hair mask is still one of my preferred options to go for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.