Parc Life EC

Kurosaki @ Ichigo

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Come lets discuss about parc life here.

Was also considering this EC and visionaire. can't decide which to buy yet. Furthermore the price seems to be on thee high side for visionaire. Hopefully Parc Life will be price lowered. Pricing will be out on 28th april.

http://www.parc-lifeec.com/

grix17

Reaction score
Hey all,

Come lets discuss about parc life here.

Was also considering this EC and visionaire. can't decide which to buy yet. Furthermore the price seems to be on thee high side for visionaire. Hopefully Parc Life will be price lowered. Pricing will be out on 28th april.

http://www.parc-lifeec.com/

The following shows the indicative price from agent's messages via WhatsApp:

♦2 bdrm Price Range
��#02-10 753 sqft : $580K ($770psf) to
��#08-09 764 sqft: $608K ($796psf)

♦3 bdrm Viva Price Range
��#02-30 936sqft: $665K ($710psf)
��#08-24 1001sqft: $792K ($791psf)

♦3 bdrm Vista Price Range
��#02-22 1066sqft: $799K ($750psf) to
��#08-08 1066sqft: $882K ($827psf)

♦3 bdrm Verandah Price Range
��#02-26 980sqft: $728K ($743psf) to
��#08-25 1066sqft: $850K ($797psf)

♦3 bdrm + Universal (or 4 bedroom compact) Price Range
��#02-31 1109sqft: $813K ($733psf) to
��#08-20 1109sqft: $908K ($818psf)

♦4 bdrm ( Vista/Verandah) Price Range
��#02-32 1270sqft: $961K ($757psf) to
��#08-15 1281sqft: $1.018m ($795psf)

♦5 bdrm (1550 sqft)
��From $1.185m ($765psf)

Sent on the morning of Visionaire's ballot day.

eclairily

Reaction score
finally parc life thread!!!
The price is cheaper than visionaire only recently. Previously before visonaire's balloting day it was quoted to be higher.

grix17

Reaction score
finally parc life thread!!!
The price is cheaper than visionaire only recently. Previously before visonaire's balloting day it was quoted to be higher.

This is probably the only instance that price has dropped due to competition before ballot day, or due to demand < supply. I find it was a desperate move to make potential Visionaire buyers forgo their ballot and seriously consider PL.

eclairily

Reaction score
I speculated that they will pull that move. But didnt know its right on the ballot day. I knew it wouldnt be so expensive... If it is, then everyone will rather flock to visionaire. Well, it is good news for buyers!

grix17

Reaction score
I speculated that they will pull that move. But didnt know its right on the ballot day. I knew it wouldnt be so expensive... If it is, then everyone will rather flock to visionaire. Well, it is good news for buyers!

Frankly, if they wanted to really pull a fast one, they should have done it early in the morning. I got forwarded the message after 12pm, so it may not have got to balloters in time.

All things said, both have their good and bad points so it's up to the buyers to decide on the right fit.

eclairily

Reaction score
Frankly, if they wanted to really pull a fast one, they should have done it early in the morning. I got forwarded the message after 12pm, so it may not have got to balloters in time.

All things said, both have their good and bad points so it's up to the buyers to decide on the right fit.

What are some of the pros and cons of each?

For me:

Parc Life
Pros:
Sembawang area is mostly developed
Bigger unit for cheaper prices
Developer is FCL

Cons:
further from mrt
less advertising (Don't see any mention of it except one roadshow at Northpt)

Visionaire
Pros:
nearer to mrt
more advertising

Cons:
Developer is qj
More expensive than expected.
Canberra not developed yet
Industrial estate just opposite.

grix17

Reaction score
What are some of the pros and cons of each?

For me:

Parc Life
Pros:
Sembawang area is mostly developed
Bigger unit for cheaper prices
Developer is FCL

Cons:
further from mrt
less advertising (Don't see any mention of it except one roadshow at Northpt)

Visionaire
Pros:
nearer to mrt
more advertising

Cons:
Developer is qj
More expensive than expected.
Canberra not developed yet
Industrial estate just opposite.

Sorry - a couple of points I don't think are accurate:

PL - advertising all over radio instead (but still less aggressive)

V - Industrial estate is not opposite; on the contrary, PL is going to be facing new commercial buildings.

eclairily

Reaction score
Sorry - a couple of points I don't think are accurate:

PL - advertising all over radio instead (but still less aggressive)

V - Industrial estate is not opposite; on the contrary, PL is going to be facing new commercial buildings.

I dont mind... here to know more about parc life. Thanks! Didnt hear the radio at all.

As for PL...I see the sitemap, like all surrounded by condos and ec.
For visionaire what I mean is that beside canberra mrt there is the yishun industrial park.

grix17

Reaction score
I dont mind... here to know more about parc life. Thanks! Didnt hear the radio at all.

As for PL...I see the sitemap, like all surrounded by condos and ec.
For visionaire what I mean is that beside canberra mrt there is the yishun industrial park.

No worries. At least the radio ad is rather pleasing to the ears.

The sitemap is not too accurate, and neither is the artist's impression (case in point - only drew 1 row for Visionaire). For planning purposes, go to OneMap and select URA Masterplan 2014.

Yishun Industrial Park is opposite One Canberra, Yishun Emerald / Sapphire, which is on the other side of the MRT. Visionaire is opposite the upcoming sports hub.

eclairily

Reaction score
No worries. At least the radio ad is rather pleasing to the ears.

The sitemap is not too accurate, and neither is the artist's impression (case in point - only drew 1 row for Visionaire). For planning purposes, go to OneMap and select URA Masterplan 2014.

Yishun Industrial Park is opposite One Canberra, Yishun Emerald / Sapphire, which is on the other side of the MRT. Visionaire is opposite the upcoming sports hub.

I see... anyway what's good about parc life? any ideas? still sitting on the fence.

grix17

Reaction score
I see... anyway what's good about parc life? any ideas? still sitting on the fence.

Hmm .. maybe you'd like to share your shortlisted choices, perhaps in some order of preference?

Or list your preferences?

I'm not an agent, but I have researched all the current ECs available (except The Amore) that are not going to TOP in Q2/Q3 this year.

eclairily

Reaction score
Hmm .. maybe you'd like to share your shortlisted choices, perhaps in some order of preference?

Or list your preferences?

I'm not an agent, but I have researched all the current ECs available (except The Amore) that are not going to TOP in Q2/Q3 this year.

currently:
1. parc life
2. visionaire
3. wandervale (cheap and big but its cck)
4. brownstone (2 bedroom)

grix17

Reaction score
currently:
1. parc life
2. visionaire
3. wandervale (cheap and big but its cck)
4. brownstone (2 bedroom)

From your choices, I can deduce that your preference is in the North area. There are some developments to look forward to apart from the Canberra MRT and sports hub. Accessibility will be much improved as well.

Personally, PL and V are on par with each other. For convenience, I will leave out Brownstone as many good units have been snapped up. Obviously, each EC developer needs to differentiate their product from the rest. So let's look at the highlights:

Visionaire - Samsung Smart Home, near future sports hub
ParcLife - next to Canberra park, 8 spas

Between developers, FCL gives a better sense of security compared to QJ due to the latter's poor publicity in previously projects. But all developments will have some defects.

Location can be argued both ways. Both are walkable to their respective MRT stations and their attached shopping centres. But let's look at other facts of location within 500m radius:

PL - next to park, near commercial buildings, chinese temple site earmarked nearby, community club, secondary school

V - opp sports hub, in the centre of 3 shopping centres (SSC, Sun Plaza, Canberra plaza), in a new neighbourhood (Canberra) within a private home cluster

It is difficult to predict how much the properties can rise in value, but generally ECs are for residential stay and long-term investment, usually a no-lose situation. With the number of condo units in the area, rental income may be a problem, but selling for a profit should be less of an issue.

There are so many potential issues that can make or break your choice, so look at your priorities. Sometimes, it can simply be down to feeling - e.g. I prefer the bathrooms of V over PL, but the general finishing quality as seen from the showflat is less stellar.

Gather lots of information and do your research if you can wait. If you can't wait so long, look at all the showflats on the same day and get a good feel, then research on the aspects that are important to you.

Good luck!

Alabone

Reaction score
From your choices, I can deduce that your preference is in the North area. There are some developments to look forward to apart from the Canberra MRT and sports hub. Accessibility will be much improved as well.

Personally, PL and V are on par with each other. For convenience, I will leave out Brownstone as many good units have been snapped up. Obviously, each EC developer needs to differentiate their product from the rest. So let's look at the highlights:

Visionaire - Samsung Smart Home, near future sports hub
ParcLife - next to Canberra park, 8 spas

Between developers, FCL gives a better sense of security compared to QJ due to the latter's poor publicity in previously projects. But all developments will have some defects.

Location can be argued both ways. Both are walkable to their respective MRT stations and their attached shopping centres. But let's look at other facts of location within 500m radius:

PL - next to park, near commercial buildings, chinese temple site earmarked nearby, community club, secondary school

V - opp sports hub, in the centre of 3 shopping centres (SSC, Sun Plaza, Canberra plaza), in a new neighbourhood (Canberra) within a private home cluster

It is difficult to predict how much the properties can rise in value, but generally ECs are for residential stay and long-term investment, usually a no-lose situation. With the number of condo units in the area, rental income may be a problem, but selling for a profit should be less of an issue.

There are so many potential issues that can make or break your choice, so look at your priorities. Sometimes, it can simply be down to feeling - e.g. I prefer the bathrooms of V over PL, but the general finishing quality as seen from the showflat is less stellar.

Gather lots of information and do your research if you can wait. If you can't wait so long, look at all the showflats on the same day and get a good feel, then research on the aspects that are important to you.

Good luck!

Wow you are super detailed. Must have done lots of research? Have you bought any?

hongge

Reaction score
This is artist impression of Canberra park
UPrDo3Xl.jpg

This is the actual park after 2m upgrade.
NPjFa8Tl.jpg

The park looks Lao kok kok.

Sent from Samsung SM-G925I using GAGT

Alabone

Reaction score
The park looks Lao kok kok.

The park is really nothing spectacular. It does house the most number of swings though. But once the residents from the ECs and HDB move in, one can only imagine how crowded or noisy it can get.

zaviour

Reaction score
For the pricing, do think they are going to re-adjust again or not? after seeing the respond from visionaire?

grix17

Reaction score
The park is really nothing spectacular. It does house the most number of swings though. But once the residents from the ECs and HDB move in, one can only imagine how crowded or noisy it can get.

It looks like a normal neighbourhood park with a central pavilion. FCL makes it sound like they own the park or are involved in developing the park. It's public space.

For the uninitiated, if you look at the last photo, there is a space (just trees & grass) between the commercial buildings being constructed across Gambas Crescent. That is earmarked for a Chinese Temple according to URA.

Last edited:

grix17

Reaction score
For the pricing, do think they are going to re-adjust again or not? after seeing the respond from visionaire?

Demand is ice-cold now, so they just need to price themselves lower than Brownstone and Visionaire. Maybe they already have done that in their indicative prices.

Let's wait for the e-applicants to respond when the price comes out tomorrow (Wed 27 Apr).

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.