The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Hello Morris Motley folks, can share any reviews regarding the wide toothed comb? What's good about it and how is it different from my usual cheap plastic kind? Thinking of using it tgt with MM balm to create a slickback look.
Actually ANY wide tooth comb will do.

Save your money if you can.

Quicksand give a weird smell... Don't know why leh.
Reminds me of kerosene.:s22:

Can try Jasper @ Hair Factor (Far East Plaza). Would say that he's really good, as he pays great attention to details even if its very small details.
Second-ed. He's been the guy to touch my hair for the past 6 years. ;)

dj_flame

Reaction score
^ It's not a pomade, it's a slightly creamy, waxy product that gives hold and shine.

Because Chrome is easier to apply and wash out, it beats out most pomades on the market, unless you are really going for a tight, wet, held down look.

IMO that look doesn't go well with most Chinese headshapes, which are sort of flat in the back and just makes your head looks square af, and not in the manly way either. Unless you have Takeshi Kaneshiro/ Andy Lau facial genetics, then you can just about wear any kind of hairstyle.

Also, because Google is often your best friend and because most people don't bother to desktop research: What is a pomade, a wax, a clay and a gel?

Last edited:

Dingdingsong

Reaction score
^ It's not a pomade, it's a slightly creamy, waxy product that gives hold and shine.

Because Chrome is easier to apply and wash out, it beats out most pomades on the market, unless you are really going for a tight, wet, held down look.

IMO that look doesn't go well with most Chinese headshapes, which are sort of flat in the back and just makes your head looks square af, and not in the manly way either. Unless you have Takeshi Kaneshiro/ Andy Lau facial genetics, then you can just about wear any kind of hairstyle.

Also, because Google is often your best friend and because most people don't bother to desktop research: What is a pomade, a wax, a clay and a gel?
haha thank you. i know whats the different between each product. But because mm does not specificly say what type of hair product.
So btw whats the 'best' hair pomade out there now?

Sent from me using GAGT

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
Actually you guys got try brylcreem or not?
$5 or rm5 if you can get at JB . For me it works well.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
haha thank you. i know whats the different between each product. But because mm does not specificly say what type of hair product.
So btw whats the 'best' hair pomade out there now?

Sent from me using GAGT

as u dive into the strange and fascinating world of men's cosmetics, you'll realise that there no such thing as "type" of hair product. and the notion of "best" doesnt exist except for morris motley balm. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Im a guy with medium short hair,as my hair is dry and frizzy that y i intend to go for salon hair treatment.I not intending to go for 100 plus dollar treatment for around 30~50 would be good enough.

Some info of my routine,I apply hair wax and spray hair spray everyday.I always use conditioner before I shampoo and I shampoo everyday due to I have dandruff,after shampoo I will apply conditioner again and leave in on for 3 mins and wash it off.I deep cleanse my scalp every once and week and deep condition using hair mask every 3 days.Oh yeah I also use scalp brush everyday.FYI,I always use argan oil before hairstyling,eg.hair dryer.

Do hope someone can input some advice.

Do enlighten me if there are places that let you have $30-$50 treatment. Treatment prices, as far as I understand, are usually starting from approximately $100.

1. Applying conditioner before shampoo-ing is only essential, if you are using styling products that are hard to cleanse OR/AND a not-so-effective shampoo cleanser.

2. Dandruff can be caused by many different reasons, namely oily scalp (excess sebum --> greasy scalp/hair --> dandruff) or dry scalp (flakes produced from dry scalp --> dandruff). Using a shampoo helps to ensure that the hair is properly cleansed of impurities, excess oils and residues but does not necessarily prevent dandruff.

3. Do not use both conditioner and hair mask as it will make the hair overly greasy and might cause your scalp to be oily too. It would then backfire. Factually, soft hair is limp and often harder to shape and hold well.

4. Personally, i would feel that applying argan oil before styling, will be making your life more difficult. With this extra layer of protection (to enhance the hair shine, protect against heat), it is inevitable that styling products will be harder to apply onto the hair too. IMO, moisturizing creams or vitamin boosters can be better options.

rollanddie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This???
M0zAkonl.jpg

Or this???
kVWladtl.jpg

Anyone tried both shampoo before?

Sent from cramped red dot using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.