Thread: Hisense TV
View Single Post
Old 27-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
rECKleSSfElla
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the insight, man!
Option #1:
I was thinking that since it's a cheap 4k model and cost only for $699 but had to prepared that the lifespan is probably 1 year, so worse comes to worst have to repair or if the cost of repairing turns out to be higher than buying new one, no choice had to buy new one again

Option #2:
Look for a TV that carry 3 years local warranty with the price tag is <$1k. At least it able to survive throughout 3 years which bring out to $334 depreciation per year.

To be honest with I'm incline with option #2 to mitigate some unforeseen risks.
Oh well, I guess, I'm back to the drawing board to look for another TV model.
Ultimately it depends on whether you are prepared to take the risk of shorter warranty in exchange for big savings upfront. Nobody can guarantee you how long the tv set is gonna last and its wrong to deduce that just because its parallel import and chinese brand it wont last for more than 1 year. Even reputable brands have failure rates and having local warranty is for naught if the tv set constantly breaks down every few months and you gotta send it for servicing. If local warranty is a must, then you are severely restricted by your budget of 1k. Your only choice is going for smaller size 40-43 inches or up your budget by at least $200 and go for the 2 models i mentioned previously. However, those 2 are entry level models too so compromises have to be had.
rECKleSSfElla is offline   Reply With Quote