Hisense TV

Which Model(s) are you interested in?

• U6H (4K, 60hz)

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • U7H (4K, 120hz, Full Array Local Dimming, HDMI 2.1, VRR)

Votes: 43 32.8%
  • U8H (4K, 120hz, Mini LED, HDMI 2.1, VRR)

Votes: 81 61.8%
  • U9H (4K, 120hz, Mini LED, HDMI 2.1, VRR)

Votes: 26 19.8%

• Total voters

Uramasa

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether anyone bought Hisense TV before since I'm looking for a TV <$1k budget at the moment and discovered Hisense LED50k321 (Click to open the link) fits the bill, but the only downside is the warranty coverage as written there is 3 month. So, my thought is what happen during/after warranty coverage, is there any onsite service and anyone know where is their service center in SG located?

Any comments/input on this TV?

Thank you

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest you go read through the QnA from some of the seller's listings. I have contacted the seller before. Warranty is in-house for their parallel import models, meaning they have appointed qualified technicians to do servicing for warranty claims. They do offer longer warranty but you need to top-up additional for that. Also, they will still help to troubleshoot and repair when warranty period is over but of course they will charge you for that. As with all parallel import models, there is no local warranty coverage so local service centers wont recognise. But to answer your question, hisense has not local presence here so naturally no local service center.

According to online reviews by a few tech sites, this model is pretty decent and specs wise, a generous amount of connectors(4x hdmi of which 2 are hdmi 2.0 and support hdcp 2.2, 3x USB). However, since this is still considered an entry level model, there are probably drawbacks in stuff like picture quality and no support for hdr. If all you want is a cheap 4k model and dont worry about lack of local warranty coverage, no harm going for this model since it only costs $699 if you buy from qoo10 with $100 off coupon. If you want something with local warranty, be prepared to pay about $1.1-1.2k and go for something like the LG 49UF640 or Panasonic 50cx400.

Last edited:

chiaps

Reaction score
These are the prices of branded 4K TVs at local stores like Best Denki with 3 yrs agent warranties:
LG 43UF640T - $929
Samsung UA40JU6000 - $899
Panasonic TH40CX600S - $879
All below $1k. ;)

Uramasa

Reaction score
Suggest you go read through the QnA from some of the seller's listings. I have contacted the seller before. Warranty is in-house for their parallel import models, meaning they have appointed qualified technicians to do servicing for warranty claims. They do offer longer warranty but you need to top-up additional for that. Also, they will still help to troubleshoot and repair when warranty period is over but of course they will charge you for that. As with all parallel import models, there is no local warranty coverage so local service centers wont recognise. But to answer your question, hisense has not local presence here so naturally no local service center.

According to online reviews by a few tech sites, this model is pretty decent and specs wise, a generous amount of connectors(4x hdmi of which 2 are hdmi 2.0 and support hdcp 2.2, 3x USB). However, since this is still considered an entry level model, there are probably drawbacks in stuff like picture quality and no support for hdr. If all you want is a cheap 4k model and dont worry about lack of local warranty coverage, no harm going for this model since it only costs $699 if you buy from qoo10 with $100 off coupon. If you want something with local warranty, be prepared to pay about $1.1-1.2k and go for something like the LG 49UF640 or Panasonic 50cx400.

Thanks for the insight, man!
Option #1:
I was thinking that since it's a cheap 4k model and cost only for $699 but had to prepared that the lifespan is probably 1 year, so worse comes to worst have to repair or if the cost of repairing turns out to be higher than buying new one, no choice had to buy new one again :eek:

Option #2:
Look for a TV that carry 3 years local warranty with the price tag is <$1k. At least it able to survive throughout 3 years which bring out to $334 depreciation per year.

To be honest with I'm incline with option #2 to mitigate some unforeseen risks.
Oh well, I guess, I'm back to the drawing board to look for another TV model.

Uramasa

Reaction score
These are the prices of branded 4K TVs at local stores like Best Denki with 3 yrs agent warranties:
LG 43UF640T - $929
Samsung UA40JU6000 - $899
Panasonic TH40CX600S - $879
All below $1k. ;)

Thanks, bro!
Gonna check them out.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight, man!
Option #1:
I was thinking that since it's a cheap 4k model and cost only for $699 but had to prepared that the lifespan is probably 1 year, so worse comes to worst have to repair or if the cost of repairing turns out to be higher than buying new one, no choice had to buy new one again :eek:

Option #2:
Look for a TV that carry 3 years local warranty with the price tag is <$1k. At least it able to survive throughout 3 years which bring out to $334 depreciation per year.

To be honest with I'm incline with option #2 to mitigate some unforeseen risks.
Oh well, I guess, I'm back to the drawing board to look for another TV model.

Ultimately it depends on whether you are prepared to take the risk of shorter warranty in exchange for big savings upfront. Nobody can guarantee you how long the tv set is gonna last and its wrong to deduce that just because its parallel import and chinese brand it wont last for more than 1 year. Even reputable brands have failure rates and having local warranty is for naught if the tv set constantly breaks down every few months and you gotta send it for servicing. If local warranty is a must, then you are severely restricted by your budget of 1k. Your only choice is going for smaller size 40-43 inches or up your budget by at least $200 and go for the 2 models i mentioned previously. However, those 2 are entry level models too so compromises have to be had.

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
within your budget, buy a 1080p TV than a 4K. the 1080p will be a better TV than a 4K model if priced the same. 4K is nothing with only a resolution. u can never measure quality with just a given number.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
within your budget, buy a 1080p TV than a 4K. the 1080p will be a better TV than a 4K model if priced the same. 4K is nothing with only a resolution. u can never measure quality with just a given number.

lol inb4 that some1 comes in and tells you nothing matters other than 4k resolution because FHD cant do deep blacks and low response time:s13:.

Uramasa

Reaction score
Ultimately it depends on whether you are prepared to take the risk of shorter warranty in exchange for big savings upfront. Nobody can guarantee you how long the tv set is gonna last and its wrong to deduce that just because its parallel import and chinese brand it wont last for more than 1 year. Even reputable brands have failure rates and having local warranty is for naught if the tv set constantly breaks down every few months and you gotta send it for servicing. If local warranty is a must, then you are severely restricted by your budget of 1k. Your only choice is going for smaller size 40-43 inches or up your budget by at least $200 and go for the 2 models i mentioned previously. However, those 2 are entry level models too so compromises have to be had.

Yup, don't think I'll take the risk by getting Hisense.
btw any other model in mind for FHD (around $1k budget)? preferred size is 40" inch plus.

Cool, do you have any TV model in mind that I should be looking for that within my budget? (plus minus I'm able to stretch extra 10-20%).

Reason being is my viewing from my sofa to the TV set to be around 2.8m hence should be no issue whether it's a FHD TV.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw any other model in mind for FHD (around $1k budget)? preferred size is 40" inch plus.

Panasonic new 2016 model 49DS630. Only arrive at our shores 1 week ago. Saw it at Harvery Norman going for $1199. Alternatively, you can also go for the 2015 model equivilant 49CS630 which should be about $150-200 cheaper.

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/television/led-tv/th-49ds630s.html

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/television/led-tv/th-49cs630s.html

Do head to the various large retailers and take a look at and gauage the models yourself. End of the day, you are the one watching the tv so what appears good to us might not be the same for you. Also keep a lookout on the newpapers during the weekends to see if any of the retailers are running roadshows or in-store promos. Some limited sets offers can be alot cheaper than the normal retail price e.g the 49cs630 was selling for as low as $799 previously.

Last edited:

Uramasa

Reaction score
Panasonic new 2016 model 49DS630. Only arrive at our shores 1 week ago. Saw it at Harvery Norman going for $1199. Alternatively, you can also go for the 2015 model equivilant 49CS630 which should be about $150-200 cheaper.

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/television/led-tv/th-49ds630s.html

http://www.panasonic.com/sg/consumer/television/led-tv/th-49cs630s.html

Do head to the various large retailers and take a look at and gauage the models yourself. End of the day, you are the one watching the tv so what appears good to us might not be the same for you. Also keep a lookout on the newpapers during the weekends to see if any of the retailers are running roadshows or in-store promos. Some limited sets offers can be alot cheaper than the normal retail price e.g the 49cs630 was selling for as low as $799 previously.

Thanks for the tips, bro!
Need to visit HN and Courts more often now, in order to check their in-store promotions. In facts, I'm going to head down to the store after work today to do comparison!
It would appear that there are lots of homework need to be done in order to shop for decent TV :).

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, bro!
Need to visit HN and Courts more often now, in order to check their in-store promotions. In facts, I'm going to head down to the store after work today to do comparison!
It would appear that there are lots of homework need to be done in order to shop for decent TV :).

Sidenote, according to the EXPO events calendar, this coming labour day weekend there is supposed to be some tech fair organised by harvey norman starting friday. Might be worth going down to have a look. Also consider going to Mustafa where they have a wide range of models at pretty competitive prices.

Pic i took at mustafa 1 week ago. Can consider this if you dont mind 60 inch and up your budget by $500:s13:.
TlXY7U5.jpg

Uramasa

Reaction score
Sidenote, according to the EXPO events calendar, this coming labour day weekend there is supposed to be some tech fair organised by harvey norman starting friday. Might be worth going down to have a look. Also consider going to Mustafa where they have a wide range of models at pretty competitive prices.

Pic i took at mustafa 1 week ago. Can consider this if you dont mind 60 inch and up your budget by $500:s13:.

just come back from site survey of the TVs in Harvey Norman.
The one capture my attention are LG 49UH650T ($1.6k) and 49UH850T ($2k).

Seen both Panasonic TH-49CX700S ($1.5k) and TH-49DS630S ($1.2k), they look okay to me, not too outstanding (perhaps the video sample that they shown is lower quality than LG :s13:).

Nonetheless, all over my budget :s22:, looks like need to bump up my budget by 100% to get a decent one! :eek:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Seen both Panasonic TH-49CX700S ($1.5k) and TH-49DS630S ($1.2k), they look okay to me, not too outstanding (perhaps the video sample that they shown is lower quality than LG :s13:).

Nonetheless, all over my budget :s22:, looks like need to bump up my budget by 100% to get a decent one! :eek:

Avoid the UH650T. LG's most entry level 4k model and little difference between this and the 2015 model UF640T. If anything, save $500 and go for the UF640T if you so desire. Can get from this reputable carousell seller that does payment upon meetup https://carousell.com/p/51212259. UH850T is a decent step-up but as you said it yourself, the price would exceed your budget by almost 100%. If your budget is tight and you die die want 4k, suggest you wait till at least June then make your purchase. 2016 models for various brands only just released recently and retailers will surely price them near rrp. Give it another couple of months and you will see prices start to drop.

Last edited:

mep123

Reaction score
There's a uh600 series which is the basic model. I think best denki is selling for $1149.

chubbytoes

Reaction score

U and I both shortlisted very similar models. I was at courts. I guess all retailers are pushing the same stock on the display floor. Hahaha.

I find very little higher tier FHD TV nowadays. Any place with more FHD selection to recommend? Thanks.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find very little higher tier FHD TV nowadays. Any place with more FHD selection to recommend? Thanks.

No choice because for starters, already we are very much limited by the brands available here and then the major ones like LG and Samsung are mainly pushing their 4k models. Only Sony, Panasonic and Philips have a larger variety of FHD models to choose from. For me, I think Mustafa carries the widest range of tv brands and models but if you are looking for FHD model, there really is not much selection for you to pick and choose from.

Last edited:

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cool, do you have any TV model in mind that I should be looking for that within my budget? (plus minus I'm able to stretch extra 10-20%).

Reason being is my viewing from my sofa to the TV set to be around 2.8m hence should be no issue whether it's a FHD TV.

the steps of looking for a tv is like this:
1. decide the size range. for u, 2.8 meters, can be 43-50 inches. 50 inches is a bit of stretch but can manage, i guess. coz i am looking to a buy a tv at the same seating range. 55 is rather big coz i sit in front of a friend's house before, getting dizzy.

2. then decide whether u prefer blackness or brightness and angle. if watching mostly in the evening, u'll want good blackness, then u can only choose samsung, sony or a few Panasonic models, who use VA panels. If u watch a lot in day time or with many people sitting side ways, then choose Panasonic or LG, who use IPS panels, good for brightness and viewing angles.

3. budget. within your budget, look for the highest range.

just a few suggestions:
if 43 inch, go for sony 43W800C. 1080p, not 4k, but everything else is the best in this size. u won't get much good 4k content anyway in the next few years. since it is not that expensive, i won't look further for a 43 inch at all.

if 48/49/50 inch, panasonic 50CX600 is a good buy with VA panel. or 48W700C Sony is also good if u don't Android TV. LG has a few 49 inches. Samsung has a 48JU6000 which is a bit above 1K, or 48J5200. These are rather good TVs. there are cheaper ones 800-900, but those are true entry levels if u dont mind.

if too difficult, then this 43 inch 43W800C. 49 or 50 inch? then get a panasonic Full HD or 4K model. panasonic price is lower, but products last for years. my plasma last 7 years still watching.

Last edited:

warr

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

49CX700, basically Pana's 700 series are 3D capable. only pay for it if you need 3D. otherwise, 600 series are OK.

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My hoot from qoo10 lai liao. Pardon the poorly taken pictures.
jWlSpXv.jpg

Geyk0ik.jpg

9JL1ZnW.jpg

I9QAUqv.jpg

Appearance wise, the borders(bezel) are pretty thin. The 2 feet stands are wide apart which meant you need a decently large console or table. My 90cm wide console only just nice to place the tv on with both of the stands right on the edges of the console. Dull silver finish on the borders and feets which looks pretty much like the majority of led tvs out there now.

System wise, it slightly sluggish. For example when going through the various settings, moving from section to section or page to page there is a noticeable lag of around 1-2 seconds. Very often, a single up or down press on the remote will register as 2 inputs e.g. single press to increase volume by 1 will result in +2 instead. Minor annoyance for me but no big deal. This TV is not exactly a full smart system since it doesnt run on any OS. There are built-in app likes Netflix, youtube, facebook and a hosts of other multimedia apps which i think cant be used locally. Have yet to try out the Netflix app as my trial account has already expired.

Sound quality, as with most other led tv in the market nowadays, sound is probably the weakest point. Standard 2x 10w speakers. There are options to enchance the bass and give the sound a "surround" feel and its pretty much a must to turn these options on. Without these options, the sound is loud but thin and hollow.

Picture quality is the biggest wow factor for me, especially considering my previous tv set was only hd ready and the jump to 4k is a big stepup. Mediacorp hd tv channels looked a lot nice than before although at times wordings on the screen do look abit pixelated probably due to upscaling. This TV supports HEVC media playback through USB and all the 4K sample clips i downloaded online can be played smoothly. Colours are rich and vibrant. I have yet to fully explore and optimize the picture settings but the standard picture mode looks nice enough in my eyes.

Overall, i paid a total of around $700(Base price + additional warranty - qoo10 coupon - GSOF 10% rebate - $10 shopback cashback) and another $15 for a indoor digital antenna. If i had not opted for longer warranty, i would have had only paid $630 for it. You would have struggled to find a 50 inch FHD set going for this price locally, let alone 4K. Not having local warranty might be a worry but really at this price, its a compromise i am willing to take. This is really a once in a lifetime kind of deal so no need think too much. Hoot liao then talk. Then again, i think seller has already sold out his allocation of 10 sets so doubt we will ever see such a price again.

Add: Tested out Netflix app by creating another trial acct and yes it works. But i am not sure if the videos are playing back in UHD(i did select the UHD plan type during acct creation). Probably HD quality at least.

Also, this set is malaysian stock as the enclosed warranty card's service center address is some place in Selangor. For this qoo10 seller, the issued invoice's address shows its located at Liang Court level 4. Likely affiliated or subsidiary of Audio House :eek: :eek:. However, i have no problems when communicating with the seller on qoo10. He/She was prompt to reply to my queries and was nice to adhere to my request of delivery date.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.