[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS RT-AC88U

jonathan6330

Reaction score
Smart connect as in the one for tri band routers right? I use mine with smart connect on so that i don't need to choose which 5ghz band to go to. If not need allocate the 2 5ghz bands to my siblings and parents :spin:

Should I on the smart connect? In a 4rm flat and about 4 iOS devices v

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought one of this USB fan from Caltex Petrol Station @ $16.5:
http://heanlee.com.sg/products-new/usb-fan/cs-330/

Uses only 2.5watts of power. Not too noisy at all, just abit of whine.
Using it to cool the AC88U. Position is infront of router, blowing into the intake vent.

Pretty impressive results(aircon env):

2.4GHz: 32C
5Ghz: 39C
CPU: 56C

no fan:
2.4Ghz: 43 °C
5Ghz: 48 °C
CPU: 80 °C

Last edited:

SynergyUD

Reaction score
JK quit asus already? Hopefully he is still with Asus.

I heard he resign due to management treat him not good. After he resign asus standard drop a lot and i stop buying asus product after he quit. Hope he doing well now.

I heard asus gave him unfair treatment.. thats why he left his post as an asus guy..

Tell us the juicy news leh. That Asus guy quite good what

Yeah he is good.. but too bad, Asus singapore has lost a great asset to the company.. :D

Asus@SG will be maintained by another staff as he handed over his duties.

Now the new asus@sg suka suka will appear, and disappear again. :D

I miss the old asus@sg user who stays in here answering the questions..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I heard he resign due to management treat him not good. After he resign asus standard drop a lot and i stop buying asus product after he quit. Hope he doing well now.

Yeah. Asus Singapore just lost a capable manpower, I'm not sure if Asus networking can continue to prosper and outreach the new consumers without an active account here..

SynergyUD

Reaction score
Yeah. Asus Singapore just lost a capable manpower, I'm not sure if Asus networking can continue to prosper and outreach the new consumers without an active account here..

renfred89,

The problem isn't active account, as a end user for us we already trust one guy from asus who is JK and we know he will be there for us whenever we need and because of him we support asus and not the product itself. Isn't that same as you? you support asus or JK?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
renfred89,

The problem isn't active account, as a end user for us we already trust one guy from asus who is JK and we know he will be there for us whenever we need and because of him we support asus and not the product itself. Isn't that same as you? you support asus or JK?

what a question, of cos is JK lah. Don't worry man, JK is still around as a fellow hwz user, he didn't identify himself thats all.

:D

SynergyUD

Reaction score
what a question, of cos is JK lah. Don't worry man, JK is still around as a fellow hwz user, he didn't identify himself thats all.

:D

Renfred89,

It's useless even he didn't identify, because he no longer with asus and he can't do anything. Don't count on that useless service centre "avertek".

I believe users are not in the comfort zone anymore.

evildoctor

Reaction score
Such a great talent wasted. Companies should follow Apple on how Customer service is done. Their service is excellent and they are passionate to try to fix your issues. Hopefully there will be a new firmware coming cause i believe the RT88U still has a lot of potential.

localITguy

Suspended
Reaction score
The last PM i got was from someone signing off as Alex with the ASUS@SG Acc which he didn't bother to assist any further.

ASUS No more i guess.

i hope there fix those issues with a new fw update.

its wasteful

lodus15

Reaction score
Connection just cut off

Hi, need help here.. connection just went dead..
internet and wireless went dead suddenly and i only got this router 2 days ago haha

Please help

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, need help here.. connection just went dead..
internet and wireless went dead suddenly and i only got this router 2 days ago haha

Please help

Need help ? Please give more information for people to help.

ISP ? Still got power ? LED status ? etc etc etc ...

hangyong

Master Member
Reaction score
Unable to see connected switch port

Is there a way I can see if the particular switch port is connected on this router?

Its quite irritating that I am not able to see which port is connected at which speed, or is it connected at all when a cable is connected.

maryapple

Reaction score
Such a great talent wasted. Companies should follow Apple on how Customer service is done. Their service is excellent and they are passionate to try to fix your issues. Hopefully there will be a new firmware coming cause i believe the RT88U still has a lot of potential.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is there a way I can see if the particular switch port is connected on this router?

Its quite irritating that I am not able to see which port is connected at which speed, or is it connected at all when a cable is connected.

You can't tell which port your device is connected to and you can't see the connected speed as well.

If I remember correctly, RMerlin firmware allows you to see both. You might wanna try it?

hangyong

Master Member
Reaction score
You can't tell which port your device is connected to and you can't see the connected speed as well.

If I remember correctly, RMerlin firmware allows you to see both. You might wanna try it?

tried... cannot see also...

damn hard to troubleshoot faults lah this ac88u...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.