UBER / Grab in Johor Bahru

oakley_870

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody here have tried calling any of Uber / Grab in the early morning ? 6am ?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
If you're awake at 6am, you can try to set your pickup location to your intended pickup point in JB then you'll be able to see roughly how many drivers are online.

oakley_870

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you're awake at 6am, you can try to set your pickup location to your intended pickup point in JB then you'll be able to see roughly how many drivers are online.

now i see many drivers online. but how many will respond is another. That time i waited almost 1 hour. almost nobody came. But i switched to Uber. within 10minutes.

But Grab can advance booking 7 days in advance. Not sure if they will aeroplane or not leh :s11::s11:

wildkev

Reaction score
now i see many drivers online. but how many will respond is another. That time i waited almost 1 hour. almost nobody came. But i switched to Uber. within 10minutes.

But Grab can advance booking 7 days in advance. Not sure if they will aeroplane or not leh :s11::s11:

Grab teski should have alot as compare to uber unless your location is super ulu. So far I use grab teski is ok .

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where in JB are you planning to Grab your Teksi at 6am?

My handful of experience with Grab Teksi has also been good both in JB and Melaka, though not from any ulu kampung.

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where is the usual uber/grab pick up points at city square mall, bt. indah aeon, tebrau city and ksl?

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows where is the usual uber/grab pick up points at city square mall, bt. indah aeon, tebrau city and ksl?

I think as long as the pickup point is quite "clear cut", driver should be able to pinpoint the pickup location. For Grab, driver would just tap on the pickup point and app will route them there. Think it's the same for Uber.

Have no issues with pickup at JB sentral few weeks ago - pinpoint on map Jln Tun Abdul Razak with JB Sentral in Notes to Driver. Use Foursquare locations, it might be more specific - e.g. Jb City Square - Jalan Tun Abdul Razak Entrance.

KSL just select KSL City Mall, notes to driver: Outside Coffee Bean.

Avoid pickup locations like City Square along Jalan Wong Ah Fook, no one will accept since that stretch is soooooo jammed up ;)

BuGGi3

Master Member
Reaction score

Sometimes if the distance is too short, the driver may not want to pick up as they have to go by meter on Grab platform.

There should be improvement as Grabcar was introduced in JB during Apr 16. Maybe not as many drivers at 6am, but at 7am.. it's prime time for drivers to earn money (Grabcar drivers).

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

City Square area I just head directly to Komtar JBCC where there's a Grab sign by the road. :D I like it here as there's lighter human/vehicle traffic than JB Sentral and City Square. Agree about not bothering with Jalan Wong Ah Fook side, the roadworks there is really major. :eek:

Aeon Bukit Indah, can just choose an exit around the carpark entry/exit points, probably. Last time I used Grab there, I just stepped out of the building and booked, ended up I think that's Carpark E and the driver called me from just outside where we could see each other, but my location wasn't convenient for him to drive in. Was a Grab noob then. :s13:

KSL probably just choose Coffee Bean exit or KFC exit, whichever you prefer.

Have not tried Tebrau City, but I normally exit the building via the Jusco supermarket side. Is there a better spot, anyone?

Anyway, it's a good practice to specify a prominent landmark on the Notes section for the driver, though they do have your exact spot shown on their device so long as you're still connected. Help them to help ourselves. :)

oakley_870

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where in JB are you planning to Grab your Teksi at 6am?

My handful of experience with Grab Teksi has also been good both in JB and Melaka, though not from any ulu kampung.

From Nusa Bestari to Tun Aminah Bus station. i don't mind paying more la. i know its super early.

oakley_870

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But say 7-7.30 AM is still do-able. because the coach is 9.30AM. so i have plenty of buffer time. :s13::s13:

S.O pack things very very slow. do things very slow. so i will wake her up at 4am... :s13::s13::s13::s13:

walrusie

Reaction score
hi everyone, will like to check with you guys, grabcar from johor bahru to johor (batu pahat), do u thk they will fetch? thats like ard 1.5hrs of journey

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How do you guys use Grab Car if you've say 6 people?

Do you book twice, or is there a way to get a bigger car with the app?

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i took advice here, for KSL on Mon evening where there is pasar malam, go to Century11 hotel for the grab pick up

the grab driver was appreciative we picked a spot away from the cab queues

qianhan91

Reaction score
How do you guys use Grab Car if you've say 6 people?

Do you book twice, or is there a way to get a bigger car with the app?

maybe you can try indicate on comments. but rarely got 7 seater car. just split 2 cars the fare also quite cheap.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.