Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kollybie

Reaction score
anyone know how to bypass the checking of the safety louvre in Mitsubishi Aircon ? I went to take out the louvre for cleaning, when install back the louvre the Aircon indicator still blinking. tried many times.

Else have to get the technician to resolve as still in warranty.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How about Hitachi? Made in Malaysia, system 4 3x9btu and 1x21btu is $3939. Add 129$ for 5yr extended warranty.

stoichiometry

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was at gain city today to compare the different air con, the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Honestly, it is way too under powered, if I switch on my main unit, the other 3 units will be super under powered..... in fact, the compressor is only 22k! makes me wonder how a 22k compressor power a 24k coil unit.......

No point getting such an expensive system only to take hours to cool the room and still not cool?

Then I saw the YORK model, YCHMYC028BAMSA-X (From NEA website), it is only $3.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 18k) btu, the compressor is 28k. (4 ticks somemore)

I had previously asked in here if anyone had any experience with YORK, but everyone seemed to be engross with Starmex, but I went to do some research and found out that while YORK's product is made in china (starmex made in Thailand), YORK has been one of the pioneer and leading company in HVAC technology (including compressor tech).

After some thoughts, I think I will be going for YORK, considering that all the warranty by gain city for either Starmex or YORK is the same, but YORK is $1k cheaper and more powerful, I think its more worthwhile getting YORK?

If anyone has experience with YORK, please share, would really love to find out more on user experience.

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Was at gain city today to compare the different air con, the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Honestly, it is way too under powered, if I switch on my main unit, the other 3 units will be super under powered..... in fact, the compressor is only 22k! makes me wonder how a 22k compressor power a 24k coil unit.......

No point getting such an expensive system only to take hours to cool the room and still not cool?

Then I saw the YORK model, YCHMYC028BAMSA-X (From NEA website), it is only $3.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 18k) btu, the compressor is 28k. (4 ticks somemore)

I had previously asked in here if anyone had any experience with YORK, but everyone seemed to be engross with Starmex, but I went to do some research and found out that while YORK's product is made in china (starmex made in Thailand), YORK has been one of the pioneer and leading company in HVAC technology (including compressor tech).

After some thoughts, I think I will be going for YORK, considering that all the warranty by gain city for either Starmex or YORK is the same, but YORK is $1k cheaper and more powerful, I think its more worthwhile getting YORK?

If anyone has experience with YORK, please share, would really love to find out more on user experience.
I heard York is OEM by Midea. Have you considered Hitachi? I was at GC too, Hitachi System 4 is $3939.

BoM8XQLl.jpg

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

TigerzBeer

Reaction score

I saw many forumers here shopped at those big store. And I used to do that last year too. But then when I googled, I can find plenty of cheaper aircon of the similar brands.

You guys may want to try... below is just one link that I find
http://www.ctair-con.com.sg/singapore-promotion/air-con-promotios

York System 4 is only $2,495. Starmex is $3,395. If you have the brand and compressor in mind, just call or email to ask for a quotation.

Hope you find it useful :)

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At the smart expo sale , there is one aj aircon seems cheap also

Pathfinder

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I saw many forumers here shopped at those big store. And I used to do that last year too. But then when I googled, I can find plenty of cheaper aircon of the similar brands.

York System 4 is only $2,495. Starmex is $3,395. If you have the brand and compressor in mind, just call or email to ask for a quotation.

Bearing in mind these are replacement prices. Meaning they use back the old pipings etc.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

stoichiometry

Reaction score
I heard York is OEM by Midea. Have you considered Hitachi? I was at GC too, Hitachi System 4 is $3939.

I looked up NEA and the model is a little energy inefficient.

I know YORK is made in China, but does it make a difference between China and Thailand? I mean, all the units comes with the same period of warranty?

Guyver

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
do not buy York.... you got so much other brands . dont go for York . u will regret one.

cleven

Reaction score
Hi All,

Hi, it's possible to get Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE24VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 at a lower price than 4.8k. I think GC is kind of "overpriced" as they have quite a number of retail shops together with their staff to maintain as well.

I had 2 quotes coming to 4.5k, 1 quote 4.2+k & another 2 quotes <4k. The materials used are 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation, G22 copper pipe, 16mm drainage pvc pipe & Keystone Cable. Out of these 5 companies, 3 came to my house for no obligation site survey, another company offered but I didn't take it as I decided not to go for it.

Hence, sourcing around via various sources, can get better pricing quotations, even the contact via my reno ID gives a better deal than GC.

chercm

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, it's possible to get Mitsubishi Electric inverter system 4 MXY4A28 / MSYGE24VA + MSYGE10VA X 3 at a lower price than 4.8k. I think GC is kind of "overpriced" as they have quite a number of retail shops together with their staff to maintain as well.

I had 2 quotes coming to 4.5k, 1 quote 4.2+k & another 2 quotes <4k. The materials used are 1/2 inch Armaflex class "O" insulation, G22 copper pipe, 16mm drainage pvc pipe & Keystone Cable. Out of these 5 companies, 3 came to my house for no obligation site survey, another company offered but I didn't take it as I decided not to go for it.

Hence, sourcing around via various sources, can get better pricing quotations, even the contact via my reno ID gives a better deal than GC.

i also know but we need to know the black sleep so that we can avoid the unforeseen problems of poor workmanship

cleven

Reaction score
i also know but we need to know the black sleep so that we can avoid the unforeseen problems of poor workmanship

I'm actually quoting stoichiometry's comment mentioning that the Starmex system 4 MXY-4G28VA was selling close to $4.8k (3 x 9k, 1 x 24k)btu.

Anyway, cheap doesn't mean good or bad, expensive doesn't mean good or bad either. GC is exp & supposedly established company but yet, there're also lots of people complaining about it, & worse still, people are not just complaining about workmanship.

Like some of the other forum members mentioned, workmanship pretty much depends on the installers who installed the air-con for you.

I personally find that it's not so easy to identify/determine the black sheep because one may encounter a team of not so experienced installers but the company could be highly recommended by many others maybe because they could have gotten a team of more experienced installers. Example would be GC, there's 1 grp of people highly recommends GC while another grp of people strongly advises to avoid GC, so is GC considered trustworthy or a black sheep? If decides to believe it's trustworthy & go ahead with it, what if it turns out to be a black sheep...

pchltws

Reaction score

Is CT Aircon good? Anybody used it before?
They prices is very much cheaper than all big companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.