AFTERSHOCK PC - Now featuring Nvidia 10 series graphics cards!

hawthorne

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi aftershock, been looking into buying an S-15 and was thinking of also doing a custome paint job. Understand that the painting is done by modbot and was thinking whether you have an estimate how much would it cost to recolour the entire laptop white. Any guys with experience in customizing can share with me too please!

last time i checked with modbot is ~$150. Actual price depends on the type of paint u desire. Some can go up to $300+

Rubed0

Reaction score
Been using my m15v2 for awhile but problem is no matter how i tried , i cannot install windows 7 on it , keeps getting to a bluescreen after the setup , does it have something to do with the UEFI settings? Or is there anything i am doing it wrong here.

Need some help =(

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi sir. The current models are not intended to be used with win 7, theres no official support. We can however try to help if you can visit us at bendemeer (we can guide you).

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Hi Gforce_Ti,

Which version of the w-17 are you using? the first gen one does not support nvme ssds, the second generation(current) one does.

Gforce_Ti

Reaction score
Hi Gforce_Ti,

Which version of the w-17 are you using? the first gen one does not support nvme ssds, the second generation(current) one does.

i just got it from the last show at Suntec. mine is the second generation(current) ones

GegeV2

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sharing my paintjob and customized S15, for members asking :)

It has been 6 months since receiving my laptop :) Loving it!

Finally got my S-15

The delay was the custom paintjob...but nevertheless, thumbs up!

*photos are taken as it is. No editing done

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
Thermal res-paste is free and takes 30 mins. You can just request it on walking in. fan cleanup is included as well.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
We cover the keyboard for any failure of parts, but normal wear or scratches are not covered. We also have individual keycaps if you need 1 replaced.

Aftershock PC

Suspended
Reaction score
PC SHOW 2016 Deals now available :)

Deals are available online already. we'll also be at the PC SHOW 2016 from June 2nd -5th at Singapore EXPO hall 6 Booth 6051

kjTqSA4.jpg

iDnaVSk.jpg

CDYay6M.jpg

ywQdcpG.jpg

87Kf8mz.jpg

Last edited:

iCube00

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Would It be same price if I buy this online? For the aftershock pc laptop

Customize the same specs

lifeishard

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi AS,

You guys gonna have desktop tremor at display in pc show? Also,accepting credit card interest free payment there? If yes,which banks? Thanks.

chiaRH

Reaction score
Reopening an old cold case of my old X15
back in Dec 2014 my GPU (675M) was having bsod issues while gaming, with the root cause never really being established, and the bsod error having something to do with nvlddmkm.sys

a while ago I noticed the error has been manifesting in a new way, with the entire machine seemingly losing connection to the GPU and the error message "the nvidia gtx 675m is not removable and cannot be ejected or unplugged"

during both the old bsod symptom and new error message symptoms, it would always eventually be followed by fans ramping up to maximum and the system giving out loud beeps, the only remedy is to hard reset.

for pretty much all of 2015 i didnt game on the laptop due to this problem but ive recently re-opened my investigation into the issue and found on reddit similar experiences from others, some even using GPUs much more newer and recent.
https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/3sq0x1/error_message_nvidia_geforce_gtx_970_device_is/

some feedback from that reddit seems to say the bsod error happens if youre on older drivers, and the 'cant eject error message' appears if youre on newer drivers. The root cause of the problem, as well as any solution, was never found. The problem really did seem to be more widespread than I thought and its a shame for 670M/675M users who got affected

pascal really cant come soon enough imo, i miss having a machine that can actually play games

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.