View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 08:05 AM   #7398
noinimod
Arch-Supremacy Member

So what would u recommend then?

We wanted to go for more establised company too if possible, like GC. Im fact, I personally went to a GC branch, well not too impressed, basically walked in & out w/out anyone entertaining, that was during off peak. My wife read a lot about GC on online forums & the complaints in recent yrs seem to hv increased, some even commenting that they aren't as gd as in the past.

Like I said cheaper doesn't mean it'll be gd or bad, same goes for expensive, likewise bigger established comp with physical front doesn't nessarily mean it's gd, those with no physical front not necessarily it's bad either.
I'm going with another smaller company. Price not cheapest but he doesn't use cheap materials. If you research enough you'll realize the prices across all companies are about the same.

Most of the difference is in the material cost. Of course, there's a further premium if you go with companies like GC/coolserve. Guess that's up to the individual to decide if it's worth it or not.

And no.. i won't agree that no physical front = not necessarily it's bad. Simply because you don't know their reputation. Reputation takes many years to build. Even with all the complains GC gets.. at least they have a shop front and if something bad happens, there's a way to get justice.

Remember also that people are more vocal about complains than they are about compliments. GC does very high volume so for every complain you see online.. there are countless other jobs well done that nobody mentions in forums.

As for the random online shop without any reputation on the streets.. who knows? All the renotalk comments are simply clone posters disguising as fake customers. Heck, there were even some accounts on hwz here posting fake reviews.