Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

noinimod

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sure the compressor is 38 instead of 28? Difference in price between these 2 compressor is >500 bucks. For this specs I dun find any shop able to do it below 4k, they can do for 3.9k is rather weird unless they going without profit or even loss....
Yep. i'm pretty sure the guy gave him the wrong number or he mistook "28" as "38"

maur_james

Reaction score
Strangely, why no one want Daikin air-con? Out of 10 reply, no one mention about Daikin air-con?

Am i the only one attracted by their 1+2 warranty promotional offer? Cause i know air-con spare parts are not cheap.

Those big stores oso seen not keen to promote Daikin sale, issit comission too little for them to earn or Daikin air-con too pricey? Or Daikin air-con CMI, giving lot of problem?
You are not the only one looking at Daikin, I'm also exploring Daikin.

Have you zoomed in to any dealer yet? I will be having a site inspection this weekend.

maur_james

Reaction score
Guys, does installation warranty include gas-leaking?

Manufacturer said installer didn't install properly, but installer said that they found NO miss or loose installation on pipping.

As no one take the blame, owner got to pay in the end?
You bought your aircon from your installer right? If they are the one who did the installation from piping to aircon unit, they should be responsible for the warranty, including piping.

terumo

Reaction score
To Pathfinder,
If using 4a38, this is a very very good deal.
Check with them on the outdoor unit specs first before you purchase.

maur_james

Reaction score
Dealer is my mum old neighbours son who open an aircon service coy.

Gotten offer S$3k nett for 3mks50sfg + ftks25 x 3. Dunno use what material.

We going for energy efficiency rather then being too cold for my old folks.

Now waiting for pay day to place order.
FYI, the proshop I went said the 1+2 years warranty promo will end end-Jun, units must be installed before end-Jun, not placing order.

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Installed Mitsubishi 3G28 with 2x FJ10VE and 1 x FJ13VE in the bedrooms and MUY-GE24/MSY-GE24 in the living room last week.
Soft humming noise from the 3G28 compressor when running at full power, after rooms reached set temp., the noise is barely noticeable. Everything is cool, the indoor units are quiet and can cool the rooms fast, before 30 Deg C, after 10 mins, temp. dropped by 2 deg c. Default current limit is set at 8.5A can be changed by pushing 5th switch position on SW2 to off.

at what temperature do you feel the room is cool enough for this new 5 ticks model compared to your previous experience?

anyone else also using the new 5 ticks mitsubishi aircon? good experience so far? any negative?

jan97

Reaction score
at what temperature do you feel the room is cool enough for this new 5 ticks model compared to your previous experience?

anyone else also using the new 5 ticks mitsubishi aircon? good experience so far? any negative?
I set all the 3 rooms temp.to 24 deg c,read back on fluke 52 is 24.3 deg c on all the rooms.So far no complains,the time taken to cool down all 3 rooms as compared to my previous 4a28 with 3 x 10ve is comparable,in fact I think it is even more faster with the new airconditioner. The older Mitsubishi when started ,the fan is at full blast while he new ones are operating at medium speed

Last edited:

I'mknotdumb!

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all anyone know where can i buy cheap aircon remote control? i went to a few remote control shop the boss all quoted me $36-$50+ :s22:

asiafrenz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I set all the 3 rooms temp.to 24 deg c,read back on fluke 52 is 24.3 deg c on all the rooms.So far no complains,the time taken to cool down all 3 rooms as compared to my previous 4a28 with 3 x 10ve is comparable,in fact I think it is even more faster with the new airconditioner. The older Mitsubishi when started ,the fan is at full blast while he new ones are operating at medium speed

thank you, sounds good then :s12:

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was given the following quotation

Inverter type single split 12k btu
Mitsubishi heavy industrial
SRK13 / SRC13 = $ 1350 net

Daikin
RKS35 / FTKS35 = $ 1600 net

Mitsubishi starmex
MUYGE13 / MSYGE13 = $ 1500 net

not the cheapest for starmex and daikin it seems

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't buy Daikin cause not all model entitle 1+2 warranty.

Oh, what are the models for Daikin entitled for the 1+2 warranty?

I just check with the Official Installer from Daikin Proshop that the warranty is valid for all Multi-Split System which use R410 gas and till End June, it is not applicable for Single Split System or using R22 Gas.

So no issue if I want to install the Silver Envi System.

Last edited:

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Better see yourself below:

tYQPZW5.png

Thanks, brother. I should be installing next month so no issue. ;)

carlover76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eh, he is asking you to read the Term and Conditions.

Anyway, anyone got commend on CoolForce? Their website look informative.....
Looking for installers for my mum home, otherwise, might use back Coolserve.
The only thing i dont like Coolserve is they use hand to bend my G22 pipe and the brand they use for my G22 pipe is NAtube, while their website promise DNE. Wtf is that brand when i pay premium for their QC and services. They charge me extra piping length i also give in to their favour. I just ask for what i should get and i pay for it! 😡😡

Yes, saw the full set in T&C. Will clarify with the Proshop again on the Full Sets again before installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.