Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I mean. Erm, something like a Digital TV tuner and a media box combined. Like can attached HDD to play .mkv / mpg4 / mpg5 and even full bluray files

Cheapo STB like K2 can support external storage device via USB port and play media files but may not cover all of your requirements.

lo3xlo2x

Reaction score
Cheapo STB like K2 can support external storage device via USB port and play media files but may not cover all of your requirements.

Yeah. That was what I found out when I searched online. Wanted to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and look for one device to settle it. That way no need to on com to play files.

Thanks again though!

chiaps

Reaction score
But local FTA DTV is broadcast at 1080i so doesn't made any different.
Upscaling does make a difference.
A BluRay player that can upscale a DVD to 1080p does look better than a normal DVD Player. A 4K TV that upscale a 1080i StarHub or Mediacorps 1080i HD program does produce an output that is visibly better than 1080i. I have both FHD and UHD TVs at home and I definitely can see the improvement in video quality watching the same StarHub or Mediacorps HD programs on them.Similarly a STB that can upscale to 1080p would provide an output that looks better and smoother than the original 1080i. Probably not as much improvement as upscaling 1080i to 4K but some improvement nevertheless.

suuhhc

Reaction score
I mean. Erm, something like a Digital TV tuner and a media box combined. Like can attached HDD to play .mkv / mpg4 / mpg5 and even full bluray files

Can consider newmedia solution STB - http://newmediasolutions.azurewebsites.net/Home/STBIoT
vpwwsi.jpg

I'm considering to get this as well but don't seem to have review.

freezerz

Reaction score
This looks good. But will be great if can connect to home network to stream direct from PC/NAS so no need to move the HDD around. Anyone knows something that can do that?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
just to check on the list of TV channels receivable on digital, be it local or MY or Indon channels. thanks !

chiaps

Reaction score
This looks good. But will be great if can connect to home network to stream direct from PC/NAS so no need to move the HDD around. Anyone knows something that can do that?

Most media players can be connected to the home network either by wired lan or wireless or both.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone bought this? http://list.qoo10.sg/g/414738941
More expensive than K2 STB but seem more solid. Just wonder will it lasts or not.

Basically using the same hardware as K2 with built-in power supply but less port output. If you look at the user interface, it's very similar. Not forgetting it's still MIC product.

What give you the impression it's more solid?

suuhhc

Reaction score
Basically using the same hardware as K2 with built-in power supply but less port output. If you look at the user interface, it's very similar. Not forgetting it's still MIC product.

What give you the impression it's more solid?

:s13: cos bigger remote control, better antenna. Just my feeling lor.
How u know is same hardware? Because of similar user interface?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s13: cos bigger remote control, better antenna. Just my feeling lor.
How u know is same hardware? Because of similar user interface?

LOL, bigger remote than the K2 is a fact but not so sure about the antenna.

All these STB are more or less the same, firmware might be slightly different but chipset used is the same. Even the seller I asked claimed there are no different. Just look at the port output of these 2 STB as compared to the SAE one.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/HOT-SALE-SINGAPORE-MEDIACORP-DVB-T2-TV-RECEIVER-FREE-GIFT-MINI/440491099
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/2016-NEW-MODEL-SINGAPORE-MEDIACORP-DVB-T2-TV-RECEIVER-DVB-T2/416091148

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.