Credit Report Grade HH how Sia

Lagu88

Reaction score
It's clearly stated in your credit report that delinquency presence is greatly increasing the risk. Going by your nick, you're 1988, you barely started work, you're applying for a whole bunch of credit cards from different banks (greatly increasing your available credit limit), and worst of all, you already owe the bank money. It's no wonder your credit rating has plummeted...

If you look at the credit report, once payment is missed you get a N (iirc) for full payment made and a Y (iirc) for balance carried forward. It might be only $2 but a missed payment is a missed payment no matter the amount. Add on the crazy card applications and it could easily look like someone desperately trying to live off credit cards...

The other 3 contributing factors barely affect the score (my hypothesis). I used to have immature history + too many enquiries and still got AA rating.

Actually I hold 2 master degrees (one from local ivy) and 1 grad diploma and a few years working experience while my batch all just graduated with a first degree when I graduate with my last degree. Who says sinkieland no local talent (neh, shld humble ma, we r skilled workers, they r skilled migrants) de? So, yes, I am 1987 not 88 (I guess ppl can put 88 as it is a prosperity number, no law says must stick to the norm), but already working multiple jobs liao.

The bank loan I have is for tuition fee loan for NUS master degree, $10k. Paid fully and now no more loan for years already. Yes, per date, I already have 3 credit cards under my belt, and canceled all previous credit cards of $500 limit.

Yes, now I paid $5 for the $2 payment. CIMB still have not refund me back the other $3. So how, now the bank owe me $3, I will grade the bank a very low grade and dun bank with them anymore? Ridiculous. The grading system is a bit too rigid and does not even accommodate more different situations. And the bank make a transaction of $3 and mail me a letter with postage costs? Lol.

Last edited:

LesPhantom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
don't think applying too much cc will drop so much. sometimes ago I apply 12 diff cards across 6 banks actually bump me from BB to AA. and all but citibank approved the cards.

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually I hold 2 master degrees (one from local ivy) and 1 grad diploma and a few years working experience while my batch all just graduated with a first degree when I graduate with my last degree. Who says sinkieland no local talent (neh, shld humble ma, we r skilled workers, they r skilled migrants) de? So, yes, I am 1987 not 88 (I guess ppl can put 88 as it is a prosperity number, no law says must stick to the norm), but already working multiple jobs liao.

The bank loan I have is for tuition fee loan for NUS master degree, $10k. Paid fully and now no more loan for years already. Yes, per date, I already have 3 credit cards under my belt, and canceled all previous credit cards of $500 limit.

Yes, now I paid $5 for the $2 payment. CIMB still have not refund me back the other $3. So how, now the bank owe me $3, I will grade the bank a very low grade and dun bank with them anymore? Ridiculous. The grading system is a bit too rigid and does not even accommodate more different situations. And the bank make a transaction of $3 and mail me a letter with postage costs? Lol.

Umm ok, paiseh for wrong assumption on the life history :o

As for missing the payment I'm pretty certain that's how it works. That's why upfront they list all your credit cards down and the payment history, and it's a simple Y or N for payment made in full. The details about outstanding amounts come later in the report. Hence, it's logical to guess that CBS places more emphasis on timely payments as compared to amount owed.

So I suppose you can try to defend your idea of logic here, or take it up directly with the ones who actually have control over your rating....

TnT1

Reaction score
Umm ok, paiseh for wrong assumption on the life history :o

As for missing the payment I'm pretty certain that's how it works. That's why upfront they list all your credit cards down and the payment history, and it's a simple Y or N for payment made in full. The details about outstanding amounts come later in the report. Hence, it's logical to guess that CBS places more emphasis on timely payments as compared to amount owed.

So I suppose you can try to defend your idea of logic here, or take it up directly with the ones who actually have control over your rating....

Bro i don't think CBS places more emphasis on timely payments as compared to amount owed.

My Account Status History

DBS : AAAAAAAAAAA
NNNNNNNNNNN
YYYYYYYYYYY
ANZ : AA*AAAAAAMM
NN-NNNNNNMM
YY-YYYYYYMM

UOB : AAAAAAAMM
NNNNNNNMM
YYYYYYYMM

Henabi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Banks won't thank you for overpayment. instead they will laugh at you.
if you have credit cards you don't use at all, cancel it. so far what i know about credits cards and loans is that the banks want to know whether are you able to pay the monthly amount or pay the minimum amount.

Lagu88

Reaction score
Both reports show your delinquency presence is dragging your score greatly. Think this is something you need to improve.

Haha,

After tremendous waiting time requesting review thru email, I gt a call frm cbs. Guess what, they like reciting from script. Repeat n repeat. You hv this hv tat, u wrong this wrong tat, everything consumer fault de, n push everything saying its bank fault la, system vendor fault, basically the whole world is at fault :p.

Ask them ani way to epediate, all dunno, when google show there are ppl paying to request faster updating. Ask them hw long to bounce back, all dunno, den taichi until no choice, push to vendor.

Den reason until they no longer hv ani evidence say is nt cc equiries fault. My name on the report oso can write wrongly, still dare say system no possibility of making error. Lai lai, I oso worked in system programming till machine learning lvel, no one on earth dare say prediction from system cater every situations n 100% accurate de.

Whole wotld at fault sia. Still loop my time for more than 20 minutes. Tsk tsk, cannot imagine tat our credit score is with them. All dunno, google hv more answers, lol. Better dun say too much hor, later score won't go up for decades n its whole world fault again.

Last edited:

StealthShadow

Reaction score
Haha,

After tremendous waiting time requesting review thru email, I gt a call frm cbs. Guess what, they like reciting from script. Repeat n repeat. You hv this hv tat, u wrong this wrong tat, everything consumer fault de, n push everything saying its bank fault la, system vendor fault, basically the whole world is at fault :p.

Ask them ani way to epediate, all dunno, when google show there are ppl paying to request faster updating. Ask them hw long to bounce back, all dunno, den taichi until no choice, push to vendor.

Den reason until they no longer hv ani evidence say is nt cc equiries fault. My name on the report oso can write wrongly, still dare say system no possibility of making error. Lai lai, I oso worked in system programming till machine learning lvel, no one on earth dare say prediction from system cater every situations n 100% accurate de.

Whole wotld at fault sia. Still loop my time for more than 20 minutes. Tsk tsk, cannot imagine tat our credit score is with them. All dunno, google hv more answers, lol. Better dun say too much hor, later score won't go up for decades n its whole world fault again.

Don't think they can reveal the exact algorithm for your score no matter how you probe...

Lagu88

Reaction score
Don't think they can reveal the exact algorithm for your score no matter how you probe...

heheh, push push push, whole world at fault... or all consumer or my fault la, the whole sky drops also all my fault lah... anybody die also all my fault leh...

haha, going to learn from them man, splendid example.

Last edited:

nchyro

Reaction score
I have a HH rating from 2 years back when I went overseas (without paying for my student cc bill which was like $400). Totally forgot about it, amt blew up to $600 - I come back from my looooong vacation a couple months later only to realize the stupid bank had alr sent multiple letters to my house and TADAH my CBS score is now HH. No other facilities - EVER. Regret.

jovialger

Reaction score
My credit rating was AA in early 2016, then dropped to BB in May 2016, so I gathered I have applied for too many new cards in 1Q (take advantage of card promo)....

Not much activity in past few months and with some card cancellations, my credit rating is now back to AA again (with recent new card application).

So I guess frequency of card applications will also affect the rating.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My credit rating was AA in early 2016, then dropped to BB in May 2016, so I gathered I have applied for too many new cards in 1Q (take advantage of card promo)....

Not much activity in past few months and with some card cancellations, my credit rating is now back to AA again (with recent new card application).

So I guess frequency of card applications will also affect the rating.

Yes but impact not big and for short term only.

jasonf31987

Reaction score
Bro i don't think CBS places more emphasis on timely payments as compared to amount owed.

My Account Status History

DBS : AAAAAAAAAAA
NNNNNNNNNNN
YYYYYYYYYYY
ANZ : AA*AAAAAAMM
NN-NNNNNNMM
YY-YYYYYYMM

UOB : AAAAAAAMM
NNNNNNNMM
YYYYYYYMM

my citibank

:aaa
:nn
:yy

good or bad????

jasonf31987

Reaction score
Haha, no debt at all. All paid. Including any tuition fee loan or personal loan. Other loan hv not started.

Credit limit on all cards, < 30%.

Tracked the grades everytime, everytime applied one or two card (max 3), drop one grade, esp when it is lower than the middle grade. U wan all the reports, I still hv (free ma, every app gt 1 free).

Sometimes ppl just talk/accuse w/o any base or evidence de. Lai, I gt all the evidences.

u mean apply 1 new card drop 1 grade.

assiak71

Master Member
Reaction score
I also HH
Always pay bills on time

After 1 year will improve not?
Is it rolling 1 year period? Means 12 months from now if i dont sign cc and pay all bills on time, should improve?

Or is it due to the amount i spend regardless of whether i pay my bills on time? Eg spend 10k will have worse score than spend 1k?

K|muRa^84

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Key Contributing Factors associated with this Rating
Credit Exposure Moderately Increases Risk
Immature Credit History Marginally Increases Risk

My score is BB, sadly

what does Credit Exposure mean? Total credit limit? Or unsecured balances?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.