Where do you get your furniture from?

a_nd_rew

Reaction score
Recently I purchased a high back office chair from V.Hive for home use, after two days it started to tilt to one side.

Called V.Hive and they said it'll take a week to send someone down for inspection and service.

And I've only recently come to know about the numerous complaints against V.Hive regarding their after sales service, and am thinking about just avoiding all the unnecessary trouble and just get a new chair somewhere else.

I've ruled out IKEA, their chairs are pricy for that kind of quality, and I'm trying to avoid those typical office chairs that don't come with any cushioned back and seats, so that leaves me with Courts or Harvey Norman.

I'm trying to find new places to purchase a comfortable office chair, hence this thread.

My budget is around $300-$400 as I believe a good chair is able to last for years. My last one did.

Some-one

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Visit IMM,Park Mall, Eunos or Sungei Kadut. Don't bother with the famous brand like V.Hive, Nova Furniture, Castilla as most of them are lousy but expensive. They use all their profits to promote the brand name instead of giving quality products. Do a search online before you buy the furniture, especially those expensive ones like sofa. However, you cannot believe all the words written on forum pages as this industry is competitive and there are a lot of competitors attacking one another even though the case is a false one.

For after-sales service, you would never know how it would be like until you buy the items. Online forum pages help only to some extent. How I wish there are objective reviews of furniture shops on the net. I bought mine from Rozel and Best Group of companies after walking in Eunos, Sungei Kadut, IMM and nearby furniture shops. So far still ok.

focus1974

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are adventurours...
quite a few singaporeans go to JB to buy furniture..
they delivered and the quality is SOLID TEAK..

solito

Reaction score
Most chairs on amazon qualify for international shipping and there is free shipping to Singapore. why not take a look? For instance there is a chair named Elusion that's rated as the best office chair at 200 dolllars range.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are adventurours...
quite a few singaporeans go to JB to buy furniture..
they delivered and the quality is SOLID TEAK..

TS asking about office chair and u recommend solid teak ah.. =:p

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am also looking for alternative reputable furniture dealers locally
had bad experience with vhive products in the past, so i want to avoid them as much as possible
worst case scenario i have to make a trip down jb to source

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
castlery??

I'm planning to get my sofa from them..Went down 2 weeks back and purchase a dining table which i'm planning to use as my study table from them..

windwaver

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
castlery??

I'm planning to get my sofa from them..Went down 2 weeks back and purchase a dining table which i'm planning to use as my study table from them..

Want to buy this?

Hadrian_1024x1024.jpg

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Want to buy this?

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1087/1620/products/Hadrian_1024x1024.jpg?v=1459005180[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nah, I already purchase this..prefer solid support running across(under) the top since would be placing 2 desktop on it..

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xdA61I1h.jpg

The bottom...

miller_dining-table1.8m-side.jpg

Last edited:

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i got my sofa from wynn furnishing @ furniture mall. fully customized, fabric. i totally wont go for leather sofa. :D

blues7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Gave up on office chairs with wheels

At home prefer simple solid wood chairs

Agree not easy to find a chair that fits comfortably for long sitting

So far, only Herman chairs seldom hear complains from users

Give it a try

I may get one if I can ever clear the junk at home until there's space for one :)

Zoooom

Reaction score
well, if you are adventurous enough and have good enough chinese skills, taobao actually has good quality solid wood furniture at a decent price

baramundi

Reaction score
You can try silver river group, located at 5 little road, all bedroom and living room furniture in my house is from them, and they offer value for money. Don't have any office chairs from them, but if they have same standard as other products, you will be happy with your purchase.

Hot_Dog

Master Member
Reaction score
I got my office chair from Benel, not bad, used 1 year liao still good, no peeling , nothing break off, nothing fall off yet. :) Sapork a good product.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.