Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwh5210

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has your aircon gas pipe installed through bathroom b4? Do people do so, any issue of doing so?
My house is an 17 years old HDB flat. The pipe went through laundry room, toilet then to bed room. No Issue at all.

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Xman, I was quoted 3k from Daikin Alexandra for system 3 but they exclude cabling. They have free site visit if u confirm with them. Otherwise, u gotta pay $50 for it. My friend confirmed with them but installation only in June. I will see if it's good then decide if to get from them.

meowkat

Reaction score
Xman, I was quoted 3k from Daikin Alexandra for system 3 but they exclude cabling. They have free site visit if u confirm with them. Otherwise, u gotta pay $50 for it. My friend confirmed with them but installation only in June. I will see if it's good then decide if to get from them.

How Much is the cabling gonna cost?
why some shops like them do not do cabling?
I tot piping and cabling are together?

lsyean8

Reaction score
So if Fortuna can't provide cabling, do we need to engage electrician first or what, they don't do cabling work ?:s22:

stoichiometry

Reaction score
I arranged for someone to survey my house today, but no show! called the person and no response.

Think can forget about this company.

Anyway, went to Giant in the evening and saw this Singapore brand, "Trentios" that is offering 10 years warranty and upgrading all installation materials for free.

Anyone using this brand? its 4 ticks and its made in Singapore, more reliable than Thailand?

lsyean8

Reaction score
I arranged for someone to survey my house today, but no show! called the person and no response.

Think can forget about this company.

Anyway, went to Giant in the evening and saw this Singapore brand, "Trentios" that is offering 10 years warranty and upgrading all installation materials for free.

Anyone using this brand? its 4 ticks and its made in Singapore, more reliable than Thailand?

Better to look for more repute brand , 10 yrs warranty jus to lure consumer to buy, if malfunction of aircon might bring you more frustration and unhappiness , why make life difficult.
Daikin or Mitsubishi the way to go. my 2 cents.:)

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Isyean8, according to them, they can arrange for a site survey and their guy will advise how many meters needed for the cabling. trunking,insulation, copper pipes and drainage pipe is included in their installation, u just need to buy your own cables. I also don't know why they do it this way. I did ask them will their Surveyor after surveying my house, Cho Cho me to top up $ for the cables but sales staff say won't. Kinda skeptical so I didn't confirm the deal

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Check whether what their 10yr warranty covers.... Things like circuit board, indoor unit parts, sensors...u can Google their trends aircon reviews...seems their portable aircon reviews not really good

DarthGW

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has MHI released a new model for System 4?
popped by GC Sungei Kadut and saw the new Starmex Sys 4 (5 ticks) and it is significantly more expensive than their Sys 4 (2 ticks)
my family house is using MHI which has been running quite well

xman13

Reaction score

I am having someone to take a look at the aircon whether feasible to repair, looking at Daikin system 3 but no vendor in mind yet. Might just call up Parisilk to send someone to access my ac needs, I regularly get stuff from them. Think I will need 9000 btu x 2 and living room will be 18000btu. Any recomend from you guys is appreciated. Noted the new Daikin(silver coloured) made from Czech and white one is made in Thailand.

manofsorrows

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys

have you any comments for LG aircon syst 3 inverters ? i found a 5 ticks model from Gain City and was thinking of getting it....Outdoor unit A4UQ26GFA2/ AMNC09GDBA2 x 3

Many thanks.

deathdealer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, from the starmex GE10-18VA model never has a issue so far, unlike GE24-26VA last time got some batch has fan motor & PCB an issue only.

If talks about parts for Daikin & ME starmex also consider expansive parts, unlike pana is a cheaper ;)

starmex 28va is notorious for PCB issues. ask the service people how many pcb they changed in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.