samsung pay

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the trick is to educate the cashier. In the initial period, don't know how many of them would be in tune with these latest payment methods. Imagine telling a cashier I want to tap the credit card terminal with my phone to pay, she'll probably think I'm mad! ... Lol

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

if at supermarket just use self checkout. test until u song. :s13:

only managed to add OCBC 365.

DBS and SC failed. :s13:

lxLionHartxl

Reaction score
I think how it would work is that you just mention you want to pay using Samsung Pay. I'm not too sure how to do the MST or how to tell the cashier how to initiate it. NFC is simply PayWave.

Anyone know how to do the MST, please share!!

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think how it would work is that you just mention you want to pay using Samsung Pay. I'm not too sure how to do the MST or how to tell the cashier how to initiate it. NFC is simply PayWave.

Anyone know how to do the MST, please share!!

You must say you need to pay by Visa. Then just when the cashier ask u for card, u ask for the terminal instead of looking for the pay wave paypass reader. Once they turn the terminal towards you, u scan your phone on the area near the magnetic swipe lor.

Haven't got the chance to try this out yet.. will try later..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if at supermarket just use self checkout. test until u song. :s13:

only managed to add OCBC 365.

DBS and SC failed. :s13:

BTW some self check out will mount the terminal onto the rack. So your MST may or may not work based on the direction of your MST antenna..

earthtk

Reaction score
Just went ntuc and tried. First time I tab at the pay wave terminal it returned an error. Second time was ok.. Now I'm wondering. Where is the position of our NFC?

Ok I tried the visa swipe machine but like not working Haha. Maybe I'm not doing it properly.

Last edited:

berber

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried adding my dbs visa debit card but failed.. Anyone had any success?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went ntuc and tried. First time I tab at the pay wave terminal it returned an error. Second time was ok.. Now I'm wondering. Where is the position of our NFC?

Ok I tried the visa swipe machine but like not working Haha. Maybe I'm not doing it properly.

you don't know how to aim the antenna properly la.. embarrass a few more times and you will get the trick for doing right.. :D:D

bro, how you know the dates for posb/dbs? got any more inside info? :D

beta trial users all should know what are the cards can add and what cannot add what.. :D:D

inside info cannot release online and cannot have any evidence left behind. now i speaking the inside info, can you hear not? if can good for you.. :D

lxLionHartxl

Reaction score
beta trial users all should know what are the cards can add and what cannot add what.. :D:D

inside info cannot release online and cannot have any evidence left behind. now i speaking the inside info, can you hear not? if can good for you.. :D

haiz... cannot hear lei... speak louder?? :s13::s13::s12::s12:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya sia need a video tutorial LOL..

there is a video tutorial on samsung pay.. maybe you closed it by accident..

anyway, the nfc antenna does not cover the entire back surface for note 5. s7 series also got slightly different nfc element layout.

for note 5 and s7, the nfc element strongest area is just right below the optical heart rate sensor. if you guys aim the area at the centre of all readers, including the mrt and bus reader, no reason why it should return an error message.. now guys, truth exposed. :D

for MST i have not tried yet, and i dunno if it will work.. gonna experiment a bit and i think its gonna be a litter lower than the nfc element bah..

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nfc on s7 edge shld be strongest slightly below the samsung word.

i still doubt MST transactions will work in SG as MAS already disabled all swipe transactions in SG. if merchant swipe your EMV card on the MST terminal it will be declined by banks. all transactions have to slot the card into the payment terminal and transaction thru the emv chip.

i have yet to try the MST function but hope those who tried can share.

lxLionHartxl

Reaction score
nfc on s7 edge shld be strongest slightly below the samsung word.

i still doubt MST transactions will work in SG as MAS already disabled all swipe transactions in SG. if merchant swipe your EMV card on the MST terminal it will be declined by banks. all transactions have to slot the card into the payment terminal and transaction thru the emv chip.

i have yet to try the MST function but hope those who tried can share.

I understand your point, but somehow i feel like samsung probably have did their homework and said that the app can use the swipe feature. well, who knows? this obt might be the testing step for the MST.:s22:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I understand your point, but somehow i feel like samsung probably have did their homework and said that the app can use the swipe feature. well, who knows? this obt might be the testing step for the MST.:s22:

i think this is generic feature that is still available for overseas use. but not in sg.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i guess it may work.. but acceptance may still be subjected to financial institution's discretion.

"Samsung Pay uses a proprietary Magnetic Secure Transmission (MST) technology that can interact with traditional card readers. MST uses a magnetic signal that mimics the magnetic stripe on a credit card, to enable payments.

Though banks in Singapore have all migrated from using magnetic stripe to smart chip-based EMV (Europay, MasterCard and Visa) chips on credit cards, Samsung Pay's use of MST does not mean a return of magnetic-stripe credit cards.

"The MST technology is different from the process of reading and using the data encoded on the magnetic stripe to effect payments at point-of-sale terminals," said a spokesman for the Monetary Authority of Singapore.

"As in the case of any new technology, we expect financial institutions to conduct their due diligence and address the attendant risks prior to adoption of the technology.""

http://www.straitstimes.com/tech/games-apps/samsung-pay-lets-you-tap-phone-for-payments

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
am i the only one who didnt get into the beta test? :(

try opening your samsung pay app and check....

hope MST works in singapore. if it does, it means we will not be subjected to the $100 transaction limit for nfc payments like applepay users.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.