Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes it can receive from the SCV point, but I suspect the point having issue as it's grainy even after I change cable.
So do you mean if my tv only support DVB-T, I still have to buy a box that support T2? I've read somewhere that as long as it have a digital tuner then an antenna would do. And I assume that with DVB-T it would mean my tv has a digital tuner right?

Sorry been reading up too much getting a little confused here.

Have you try changing the TV input source to Digital (DVB-C) as it could be still set to analogue?

DVB-T is the older digital TV broadcast standard, DVB-T2 is the DVB standard adopted here (and worldwide).

And yes you need a DVB-T2 STB (set-top box) if your TV only support DVB-T but as stated before if you can use the built-in DVB-C tuner and use SH SCV point as source.

Last edited:

Shalost

Reaction score
Hi

Can someone advise why sometimes signal strength can be max but quality can be zero ? This happen for a few mins, cant watch the channel and then quality is back to normal.

Area is HD ready, I live on high floor and using funke 5.1

Thanks

Tool18

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my new TV.

My TV got dvb-t2 tuner , so does it means just plug the cable into the from tv to cable point , I'll get the dvb-t2 channels ?

Thanks

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just got my new TV.

My TV got dvb-t2 tuner , so does it means just plug the cable into the from tv to cable point , I'll get the dvb-t2 channels ?

Thanks

No, for that to work your TV must have DVB-C tuner. DVB-T2 require external antenna to receive the transmission. If your flat (older HDB) have MATV point then connecting to it will work as well.

Tool18

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No, for that to work your TV must have DVB-C tuner. DVB-T2 require external antenna to receive the transmission. If your flat (older HDB) have MATV point then connecting to it will work as well.

Thanks Albert ! My tv comes option of tuning dvb via cable too , so means it's possible ?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks Albert ! My tv comes option of tuning dvb via cable too , so means it's possible ?

Have to check the specs. There are those who complain that even though their TV support DVB-C tuner it's not enable, can't recall the details.

What's your TV brand/model?

Tool18

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have to check the specs. There are those who complain that even though their TV support DVB-C tuner it's not enable, can't recall the details.

What's your TV brand/model?

Thank you for patiently answering my questions ! :)

My tv model is the LG 49" UH850T

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you for patiently answering my questions ! :)

My tv model is the LG 49" UH850T

According to MDA's list here, this IDTV (Integrated Digital TV) is DVB-T2 ready. There is no mention of it having DVB-C tuner in the owner manual.

Tool18

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
According to MDA's list here, this IDTV (Integrated Digital TV) is DVB-T2 ready. There is no mention of it having DVB-C tuner in the owner manual.

Thanks Albert ! I'll try it out once I go to my new house again . I was fiddling with it and saw option to tune via cable , but didn't have the cable with me then .

Will update her if possible ,

Thanks once again !!

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Can someone advise why sometimes signal strength can be max but quality can be zero ? This happen for a few mins, cant watch the channel and then quality is back to normal.

Thanks

You got connect the USB booster between antenna and TV? I am using the same Funke 5.1 too.

allanzzz

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks
I had the same issues, play around with the antenna cables, don't coil it up.

Sent from LGE LG-D855 using GAGT

goh5560

Reaction score
Anyone here using the K2 mini Setup box here, I have on question on the antenna power on the setup box. Everytime I turn off the box, the antenna power will be off on the setup box. So I have to turn it on everytime I turn on the box, can the antenna power be permanently turn on?
Or anyone one here have use other box that can made the antenna power always on? I think we want it to be permanently on, as the reception will be poor if it is not on, thank.

Zoetvbox

Reaction score
This box has built-in antenna? Anyway seems to me that antenna not good. Try external antenna then

Anyone here using the K2 mini Setup box here, I have on question on the antenna power on the setup box. Everytime I turn off the box, the antenna power will be off on the setup box. So I have to turn it on everytime I turn on the box, can the antenna power be permanently turn on?
Or anyone one here have use other box that can made the antenna power always on? I think we want it to be permanently on, as the reception will be poor if it is not on, thank.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

What's the firmware version (under SysInfo) and antenna brand/model?

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This box has built-in antenna? Anyway seems to me that antenna not good. Try external antenna then

Since when does STB come with built-in antenna? The supplied antenna costing around $2 is good enough provided your area is well covered by DTV signal. Otherwise need to source for antenna and preferably active type (with amplifier).

honestguy

Reaction score
I am also using the K2 box. The "antenna power" in the menu setting will default back to off after you power off. Cannot change the "antenna power" to on permanently.

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am also using the K2 box. The "antenna power" in the menu setting will default back to off after you power off. Cannot change the "antenna power" to on permanently.

AFAIK, active antenna already come with its own power source from USB from TV or external power adapter. What's the reason for switching on this feature on the STB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.