QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

Hehehole

Reaction score
I would like to know if expenses like insurances and other bill payments are considered qualified spending under this last promotion.
"Qualifying Spend" refers to any retail transactions (including internet purchases) which do not arise from (i) any Equal Payment Plan (EPP) purchases, (ii) refunded/ disputed/ unauthorised/
fraudulent retail purchases, (iii) Quick Cash transactions and monthly instalments, (iv) Paywise/
cash advance/ quasi-cash transactions/ balance transfers/ annual card membership
fees/interest/goods and services taxes, (v) bill payments made via Citibank Online/CitiMobile, (vi)
late payment fees and (vii) any other form of service/ miscellaneous fees.

laurent_rio

Reaction score
Been 1 week since I enquire Expedia about the fee. Should I send another email about it?

yup for me since my last 2 refund (1 best rate guarantee, 1 refund of DCC) they havent replied my last request (3 days). Hopefully they dont change policy regarding this

wrathofgod

Reaction score
What is this DCC fee about? Based on foreign currency exchange rate?

Was about to apply for this card and then saw this thread . . .

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is this DCC fee about? Based on foreign currency exchange rate?

Was about to apply for this card and then saw this thread . . .

This is actually cross border fee that VISA/masters charge for transactions paid in SGD but processed in a foreign payment gateway. Most cards have this anyway.

wrathofgod

Reaction score
This is actually cross border fee that VISA/masters charge for transactions paid in SGD but processed in a foreign payment gateway. Most cards have this anyway.

So I think it's better to pay the foreign currency exchange rate then to pay for DCC?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So I think it's better to pay the foreign currency exchange rate then to pay for DCC?

No. It depends. For websites like expedia.sg and agoda prices are either quoted in sgd by default or converted to sgd using spot rate. So effective only 0.8% cross border fees will be incur. Also can write in to request expedia and agoda to refund these fees also. Better to pay in sgd.

For website like amazon where they quote in usd by default and use there own lousy exchange rate to change to sgd. Better to pay in usd although a currency exchange fee of 2.5% will be charged for paying in usd.

laurent_rio

Reaction score
No. It depends. For websites like expedia.sg and agoda prices are either quoted in sgd by default or converted to sgd using spot rate. So effective only 0.8% cross border fees will be incur. Also can write in to request expedia and agoda to refund these fees also. Better to pay in sgd.

For website like amazon where they quote in usd by default and use there own lousy exchange rate to change to sgd. Better to pay in usd although a currency exchange fee of 2.5% will be charged for paying in usd.

added,

For some web like Airasia or SQ its better to pay on original currency, for example for flight start from KL or Indonesia better to pay in MYR or IDR since their conversion is worse compared with 2.5-3% foreign conversion charge

dahnoob

Reaction score
Just wondering, would the citibank miles conversion be better then DBS Altitude card or are they the same?

Citi charges on a per conversion basis, while dbs is charging annually.

you can pool dbs points from various cards (eg altitude + woman's) together for a conversion, whereas citi premiermiles is a standalone currency that is different from other cards such as rewards card.

david_yyy

Reaction score
Citi charges on a per conversion basis, while dbs is charging annually.

you can pool dbs points from various cards (eg altitude + woman's) together for a conversion, whereas citi premiermiles is a standalone currency that is different from other cards such as rewards card.
For the dbs, if we are not converting, will dbs still charge the annual conversion fee? Cause i am small spender, may take 2-3 years to accumulate the points then convery.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For the dbs, if we are not converting, will dbs still charge the annual conversion fee? Cause i am small spender, may take 2-3 years to accumulate the points then convery.

Sent from LGE LG-H961N using GAGT

Yes, DBS will keep charging annually once you enroll into the FFP but you can choose not to enroll so as not to pay when you are not converting miles.

Erwinlow

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

is there a 2.5% currency exchange fee for all payments online that is not in sgd?

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a 2.5% currency exchange fee for all payments online that is not in sgd?

Yes there is currency exchange fee for payment online using sg issued card for payment not in sgd. Using this card the fee is 2.5%.

Last edited:

ralliteknik

Reaction score
With regards to the CCY fees on Agoda and Expedia. Yesterday I sent both of them a msg to request waiving my various CCY fees as goodwill gesture, Agoda via email and Expedia via their online feedback form.

Today I received a call from Agoda. The lady explained that now Agoda has many more payment gateways thats why I'm getting charged CCY. However they'll be willing to refund the CCY fees if I email them my credit card statement.

Not sure if they'll continue to provide this goodwill but hopefully they can do something about this CCY in the longer term.

Haven't heard back from Expedia yet.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.