Parenthood Provisional Housing Scheme(PPHS) under HDB

SzETo_023

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm applying for the feb one. So got to wait for march for an appointment. Got a few question I need help on.

1) as I understand they supply very basic stuff like heater n lights. How bout kitchen cabinet and Aircon?

2) immediately after appointment can get keys n move in already?

Thank you!

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well... 5th floor has alot of vacant units. The lift only service 1, 5, 9. I dont check every level luh. Heh. i stayed on 6th btw. Still got roaches!!! :(
Had 4 bottles of spray on standby at different areas.. :s13:

Update: moi now living on 5th floor. Occasionally have roaches here and there but so far only encounter 2 this month.

I'd say the unit is not that bad. Heard that Skypeak may actually be smaller than this. :(

Anyway i'm using induction stove over gas as i think it saves quite some hassle.

I'm wondering how to put in a washing machine too as i see the only drain for the excess water hose is under the kitchen sink and it'll look quite messy...

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm applying for the feb one. So got to wait for march for an appointment. Got a few question I need help on.

1) as I understand they supply very basic stuff like heater n lights. How bout kitchen cabinet and Aircon?

2) immediately after appointment can get keys n move in already?

Thank you!

1) yup heater, shower head, basic sinks, toilet bowl and lights. No cabinet and deffs no aircon lol

2) for me, there's no waiting time. went down for appointment at hdb hub, quick interview, sign lease agreement, pay rent upfront, then on the spot got my keys. Have to go down to sph to make appt for them to come down to activate the water and electricity, and gas (if you apply for it).

Last edited:

ttiinngg

Reaction score
What are the costs involve? The price stated in hdb is for the whole house? It state that 3 mths need to provide marriage cert? Is it a must?

whereismyqno

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Can i ask where to check the cost for the flats that are available?
Please advice.

Thank you :)

bearine

Reaction score
Update: moi now living on 5th floor. Occasionally have roaches here and there but so far only encounter 2 this month.

I'd say the unit is not that bad. Heard that Skypeak may actually be smaller than this. :(

Anyway i'm using induction stove over gas as i think it saves quite some hassle.

I'm wondering how to put in a washing machine too as i see the only drain for the excess water hose is under the kitchen sink and it'll look quite messy...

The water tap location very strange, next to the cooking area. Just tahan another year! Haha.

Your skypeak is 3/4/5 room? How come smaller? I hate the tiny toilets here, plus they split. I'd rather have 1 huge one.

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The water tap location very strange, next to the cooking area. Just tahan another year! Haha.

Your skypeak is 3/4/5 room? How come smaller? I hate the tiny toilets here, plus they split. I'd rather have 1 huge one.
Skypeak 3rm. Dono hearsay only. But atleast gt store room. Maybe that's why will feel smaller?

I hate the toilet too haha

Sent from my Den Den Mushi using GAGT

Last edited:

GoneLink

Reaction score
Hi, I went there to reccee too. Very creepy.
Looks like only 5 households. U rented alr? Can share info.

i managed to get a flat in boon lay instead:s22:

my q number is like 33 and there is only 10 flat available in boon lay...guess there are ppl who apply but dont go for appoinment...you might still have a chance!

HYHY123

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask typically how Long do I have to wait from application to getting the keys and if there is a minimum rental period?

Is there anyway to share the rented house with another family too?

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
May I ask typically how Long do I have to wait from application to getting the keys and if there is a minimum rental period?

Is there anyway to share the rented house with another family too?
Waiting period varies. Can be as quick as 1 month. Once you signed the docs, they will issue you the key as well and can own time own target move in. As far i as i know, there is no minimum rent period.

As for sharing, it is not allowed as you need to declare occupants that's going to stay there. But by left, up to your discretion cos they don't cone and check your house. Even if have, it's going to be rare

Sent from Samsung SM-G900F using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.