 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

benlau1

Reaction score
Anyone knows how do we test if the NFC chip in the iphone is faulty ar?

Apple Pay doesn't work on my iphone somehow.... It keeps showing "Hold Near Reader to Pay"... Seems like the phone cant connect to the reader..

My apple watch works very well with Apple Pay though...

bluegt

Reaction score
Tried at a restaurant and at Starbucks yesterday, Apple Pay using Apple Watch & OCBC 365 CC - worked flawlessly.

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows how do we test if the NFC chip in the iphone is faulty ar?

Apple Pay doesn't work on my iphone somehow.... It keeps showing "Hold Near Reader to Pay"... Seems like the phone cant connect to the reader..

My apple watch works very well with Apple Pay though...
think have to send in for service if it is a recurring problem. let the engineers test and confirm.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now need to wiat for others banks to join in the apple pay gang

agreed it get addcited wnant find a reason to spend n look for paywave device to pay ahah when pay
:s13::s13::s13:

lightningflash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if u don't have a preferred card, u can always use double-click method to change card.
actually there are 2 ways to use apple pay, some ppl may find 2nd method easier.

1st method is to tap your phone to wake it up, then proceed with touch id.
or u can also prepare your finger on home button first, then tap your phone and wait for it to wake up.

2nd method u can double-click the home button with your touchid finger. when the screen wakes up, touch id is already verified (because u use the registered finger to double-click). u will see it display "hold near reader to pay"... then just proceed to tap the phone.
if u wanna change card, just tap and tap another card until u see "pay with touch id", then proceed with touch id and tap phone.

for those who have big phone and small hand, or when u carry lots of bags, 2nd method may be easier because u can complete the touch id first, then slowly tap phone.

We need to tap the phone to wake it first for both methods?

Think someone mentioned it will wake by itself when you place the phone near the terminal.

Can anyone confirmed this?

Last edited:

chris888222

Reaction score
We need to tape the phone to wake it first for both methods?

Think someone mentioned it will wake by itself when you place the phone near the terminal.

Can anyone confirmed this?

I believe you can set it to "double press home button" at lock screen to show Apple Pay, then authenticate first before bringing it to the terminal.

I prefer the other method. Yes, the phone will auto change to Apple Pay mode when it's near the contactless terminal, then you authenticate with Touch ID to make payment.

lightningflash

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe you can set it to "double press home button" at lock screen to show Apple Pay, then authenticate first before bringing it to the terminal.

I prefer the other method. Yes, the phone will auto change to Apple Pay mode when it's near the contactless terminal, then you authenticate with Touch ID to make payment.

Thanks for the clarification

melvinchen

Master Member
Reaction score
Ytd tried 3 places (mac, 7-11, giant) with apple watch n failed. But no problem with phone.
Today went to del the card from my watch n re-add.
No problem at mac paying with watch liao.
hahahahaha

Bro you need to make sure your Apple Watch is unlocked otherwise it will not work. Secondly slow down sometimes the NFC reader takes slightly longer to read the information on the watch.

spidercyj

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried Apple Pay for the last few days Liao. Every time I tell the cashier pay wave without showing any credit card in my hand except my phone they looked very skeptical.

Then when the transaction go through they will be like did we just get scam? What did he scan?

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
now need to wiat for others banks to join in the apple pay gang

agreed it get addcited wnant find a reason to spend n look for paywave device to pay ahah when pay
:s13::s13::s13:
citibank! :vijayadmin:

yea, i always go supermarket buy rubbish to applepay! so fun :crazy:

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You must have gotten funny looks. Retailers will catch on eventually.

Tried Apple Pay for the last few days Liao. Every time I tell the cashier pay wave without showing any credit card in my hand except my phone they looked very skeptical.

Then when the transaction go through they will be like did we just get scam? What did he scan?

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My first attempt at Mos Burger* ended in a rejected transaction. Then I realized that the FlashPay-enabled EZYLink card, strapped to the back of my phone, was probably interfering with the payment machine.

Tried it again at McDonald's later, this time without the offending card, and payment went through instantly.

I don't know how but I hope they'll allow Apple Pay on public transport. That'll mean one less card to carry.

*Postscript, I was mistaken about Mos having PayWave. Confused their payment machine with NETS FlashPay..

Last edited:

chris888222

Reaction score
Tried Apple Pay at Saizeriya. It worked. Was a bit slow (about 1 min) but the regular paywave transaction (person in front of me used PW) took about the same amount of time, so Apple Pay was working fine.

Last edited:

petty blue

Master Member
Reaction score
if u have 2 cards in your iphone, when making payment u did not choose the card that u're going to use.
how will this end?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.