samsung pay

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
From the video, it seems to work on an EMV terminal. Well, I think the best way to find out is to go to those self check out counters where you insert your OCBC card and use Samsung Pay instead. That way might convince you, not sure about that.

Just to add on, the position of the phone on the magnetic slot makes a difference. When one gets an error message, re align the phone and at a point, it will work. So don't give up.. keep trying although the cashier will give you the wtf look. Hahas

Omnia1

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the more "geh kiang" cashiers will think you are trying to hack into the system and defraud the merchant and bank, and kick you out of the store, or call the police! .. Lol.

I really hope the banks brief their merchants properly on this...

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think the more "geh kiang" cashiers will think you are trying to hack into the system and defraud the merchant and bank, and kick you out of the store, or call the police! .. Lol.

I really hope the banks brief their merchants properly on this...

Sent from Sony SGP621 using GAGT

At the end of the day, it's them who is gonna be disgraced. I believe the merchants are already aware when apple pay was launched. It's up to the merchants to educate their employees bah.

Of course we consumers cannot be too arrogant, treat everyone with due respect is the way to progress in society.. :)

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here is the user guide.

jCc9FlKl.jpg

Hh7haZ0l.png

TDsPawIl.png

hg1t3SUl.png

Sent from Planet Pluto using GAGT

Last edited:

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
i know samsung pay is introduced last year and samsung pay is introduced in sg during the s7 delights. can i ask that anyone tried samsung pay yet? as in payments for real purchases. thanks. which bank already accepted or in terms with samsung pay?

Beta already started. So far OCBC for the first week of beta.. Only 2nd June onwards more should be available. DBS(Visa, Master) OCBC(Master) SC(Visa,Master) The list will expand eventually.

Then wat Beta testers are supposed to do :)
Thats why ppl are saying there is no proper planning at Samsung side.
If DBS/SC not supported from day one in Beta, they should have not mentioned that !!
It will eventually. We are currently testing it with a wider but invited group of people. So far it is looking good.

Last edited:

id0n0van

Reaction score
Whoever wishes to try S Pay at Popular and Kiddy Palace - You're out of luck.

Went to those shops over the weekend and they said that they are rejecting* mobile wallet payments.

When I probed why, I got a reply: "Because my HR said so."

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whoever wishes to try S Pay at Popular and Kiddy Palace - You're out of luck.

Went to those shops over the weekend and they said that they are rejecting* mobile wallet payments.

When I probed why, I got a reply: "Because my HR said so."

You don't have to use the term Samsung pay at them mah.. just say pay wave pay pass lor..

But if I'm not wrong, kiddy palace don't have the contactless reader but popular should have. Popular accepts contactless and I don't understand how they can stop us from using it..

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You don't have to use the term Samsung pay at them mah.. just say pay wave pay pass lor..

But if I'm not wrong, kiddy palace don't have the contactless reader but popular should have. Popular accepts contactless and I don't understand how they can stop us from using it..
I think what he meant was merchant rejecting customers from making MST payments, not nfc contactless.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Zip-Zilla

Master Member
Reaction score
Yesterday paid using S-Pay... just tell cashier that I'm paying by Paywave. Tap and go.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a limit on using paywave right? Less than $100 or something?

100 dollars or less. The previous contactless regulation still applies. The only exception was from UOB for apple pay customers only.

manualvin

Reaction score
Android users on UOB mighty is also exempted from this limit.

Is it only applicable to selected uob merchants or all merchants? Uob cards are the only ones i dont have.

If not mistaken MST payments have no limits also as its not contactless regardless of issuers so if i have ocbc or dbs card im not restricted by payment amount.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is it only applicable to selected uob merchants or all merchants? Uob cards are the only ones i dont have.

If not mistaken MST payments have no limits also as its not contactless regardless of issuers so if i have ocbc or dbs card im not restricted by payment amount.
yes MST transactions are not subjected to the $100 limit.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
so far how many successful MST transactions have u all done?
just want to know if all cashiers allow u to tap the card swiping machine (other than self-service kiosk)?

and what's the correct way to tap the MST? should tap on top of card slot or beside the card slot? and can tap any direction or must follow the swiping direction?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just want to know if all cashiers allow u to tap the card swiping machine (other than self-service kiosk)?

and what's the correct way to tap the MST? should tap on top of card slot or beside the card slot? and can tap any direction or must follow the swiping direction?

when making MST transaction, do exercise a bit of common sense bah. sometimes the terminal is kinda mounted onto something and if its inconvenient for the cashier, then use other payment modes lor. Cannot like die die need to inconvenient others to complete the transaction.. ahaha

the MST transaction just place your phone on top near the magnetic swipe will do. no need to scan at the side or do the swiping motion..

manualvin

Reaction score

Have done 3 so far. Well i suppose when its launched merchants will start putting up the sticker to guide user where to tap just like the previous wallet did and cashier should be trained on where to pay.

Check out the tutorial in samsungpay theres a link at the bottom when you authenticate with fingerprint that guides you how to position the phone properly to pay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.