The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wathen

Reaction score
I don't shampoo my hair in the mornings, haha not good to shampoo too much. So its SSS + blowdry > Wax > Shampoo at the end of the day. Condition when I feel the need to -> Maybe once or twice a week

Icic. Do you spray the SSS on your hands then run it thru your hair or just spray on your hair?

nichsong

Reaction score
I spritz it on directly into the hair, about 4 pumps, then run my fingers through my hair to spread it out evenly. After that just hit it with the dryer and shape!

Icic. Do you spray the SSS on your hands then run it thru your hair or just spray on your hair?

d4rkm4st3r

Master Member
Reaction score
has anyone ever opt for dry shampoo in this weather? is it any good?

I think it depends if your hair is oily or not?

Bcos previously when I don't style my hair, I use to shampoo my hair with high moisturizer shampoos.. Now after styling with hair products, I seem to develope oily scalp.. So I'm looking for those that is anti oily scalp shampoo lol

nichsong

Reaction score
Used it for awhile, but didn't really like it. It does remove excess grease yes, but thing is I use styling products pretty much every day. I've tried to use it as a combination with my styling products(as seen from some youtube videos), but found that it doesn't work well. The powder makes the product sort of not adhere to my hair, hence affecting the hold. Well if you're looking to remove some excess oils, sea salt spray is able to do that for you too :) not to mention provide you with some hold and texture

has anyone ever opt for dry shampoo in this weather? is it any good?

charlin

Reaction score
I think it depends if your hair is oily or not?

Bcos previously when I don't style my hair, I use to shampoo my hair with high moisturizer shampoos.. Now after styling with hair products, I seem to develope oily scalp.. So I'm looking for those that is anti oily scalp shampoo lol

I do not wash my hair everyday(maybe every one and a half day cause I tend to have dry scalp if its washed too often). So I guess I was wondering about the dry shampoo option. But thanks alot for the advice!

charlin

Reaction score
Used it for awhile, but didn't really like it. It does remove excess grease yes, but thing is I use styling products pretty much every day. I've tried to use it as a combination with my styling products(as seen from some youtube videos), but found that it doesn't work well. The powder makes the product sort of not adhere to my hair, hence affecting the hold. Well if you're looking to remove some excess oils, sea salt spray is able to do that for you too :) not to mention provide you with some hold and texture

Oh wow thanks alot for the info. Yup I was looking to remove the excess grease. Really wanted to see what are the options I have. Is sea salt spray another type of spray? or dry shampoo?

nichsong

Reaction score
Sea salt spray is used mainly as a pre-styling product haha. Basically it's sea-salt/salt with water and other balancing ingredients such as humectants etc. Absorbing excess grease is one of its properties :) It also adds some hold and volume (can be massive, if used with a hair dryer). But, if you're one who usually doesn't use styling products on your hair, dry shampoo should be good for you.

However, I've heard that it can clog up the pores on your scalp, which might in turn lead to irritation or imbalance with your scalp, causing it to be dry etc. Personally haven't used it for long enough to tell though. But in terms of removing the excess grease and getting your hair to feel a little fresher, it does the job. Try it out and see if it works for you! I was using Klorane's dry shampoo during that period.

Oh wow thanks alot for the info. Yup I was looking to remove the excess grease. Really wanted to see what are the options I have. Is sea salt spray another type of spray? or dry shampoo?

charlin

Reaction score
Sea salt spray is used mainly as a pre-styling product haha. Basically it's sea-salt/salt with water and other balancing ingredients such as humectants etc. Absorbing excess grease is one of its properties :) It also adds some hold and volume (can be massive, if used with a hair dryer). But, if you're one who usually doesn't use styling products on your hair, dry shampoo should be good for you.

However, I've heard that it can clog up the pores on your scalp, which might in turn lead to irritation or imbalance with your scalp, causing it to be dry etc. Personally haven't used it for long enough to tell though. But in terms of removing the excess grease and getting your hair to feel a little fresher, it does the job. Try it out and see if it works for you! I was using Klorane's dry shampoo during that period.

oh wow I see. I'll try the dry shampoo instead and see if it works for me! Thanks alot for the much needed info! Cheers :)

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok some flux review.

its not bad but i won't put it at strong hold.
maybe medium-strong hold.
but the texture and finishing of the product in your hair is pretty good.
really matte, similar to what a clay does.
very pliable. my hair is pretty short and it does hold it well the entire day.
since early afternoon till evening.

i wanna try the elevate tomorrow.

i think i might bring them in soon, 3rd quarter of 2016 likely or late 2nd quarter of 2016.

scentless, a yay for people who don't like scent.

nichsong

Reaction score
Let me know how the elevate goes bro! Only tried the sample once, also found it to be not bad. Sometimes I feel our hair type (fine + limp) could do well with products that come with less hold. Might even work better because of the tendency for products like these to be more lightweight. Got to add too that Carter Supply Co products makes my hair feel somewhat smoother + healthier after usage

ok some flux review.

i think i might bring them in soon, 3rd quarter of 2016 likely or late 2nd quarter of 2016.

haoKRR

Reaction score
ok some flux review.

Is it easy wash off like gel/pomade? Or hard like wax/clay

Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.