QUESTION ABOUT CITIBANK PREMIERMILES CARD

laurent_rio

Reaction score
With regards to the CCY fees on Agoda and Expedia. Yesterday I sent both of them a msg to request waiving my various CCY fees as goodwill gesture, Agoda via email and Expedia via their online feedback form.

Today I received a call from Agoda. The lady explained that now Agoda has many more payment gateways thats why I'm getting charged CCY. However they'll be willing to refund the CCY fees if I email them my credit card statement.

Not sure if they'll continue to provide this goodwill but hopefully they can do something about this CCY in the longer term.

Haven't heard back from Expedia yet.

I think you just wait, they gonna refund it, i need to wait almost 4-5 days and they refund it

laurent_rio

Reaction score
did they reply you prior to refund or just refund into your card without notification?

they reply

Thank you for contacting Expedia.com.sg regarding your extra charge query.

I apologise for the delayed response.

The charge could be an international transaction fee. This happens since some banks charges "international transaction fee" to the customers based on the fact that we are not the local merchant of the country. It is solely yours bank's decision if they want to charge those fees to the customers. However, we are happy to process the refund since we believe this is not a pleasant experience.

I have processed the refund of SGD X.XX to the original mode of payment and the amount will be credited within 7 to 15 working days.

I hope the information is useful.

and the next day they give refund receipt. I also need to wait 1 week for this, i guess they have many refund request LOL

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
they reply

The charge could be an international transaction fee. This happens since some banks charges "international transaction fee" to the customers based on the fact that we are not the local merchant of the country. It is solely yours bank's decision if they want to charge those fees to the customers. However, we are happy to process the refund since we believe this is not a pleasant experience.

I have processed the refund of SGD X.XX to the original mode of payment and the amount will be credited within 7 to 15 working days.

and the next day they give refund receipt. I also need to wait 1 week for this, i guess they have many refund request LOL
How do u ask for refund. Request to refund? What is full term called?

Usually is bow many % of your purchase?

Sent from investing make feel like a stupid human using GAGT

laurent_rio

Reaction score
How do u ask for refund. Request to refund? What is full term called?

Usually is bow many % of your purchase?

dont understand your question about full term and bow many %

refund request use web form in expedia website, they will refund as per DCC fee charged by your bank (i just mention the number that Citibank charge for DCC/CCY fee so far they dont ask for proof but i think they know how much you've been charged by the bank normally for DCC/CCY Conversion Fee)

Last edited:

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
dont understand your question about full term and bow many %

refund request use web form in expedia website, they will refund as per DCC fee charged by your bank (i just mention the number that Citibank charge for DCC/CCY fee so far they dont ask for proof but i think they know how much you've been charged by the bank normally for DCC/CCY Conversion Fee)
I mean the DCC/Ccy. Full term is called?

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dcc = dynamic conversion fee

Ccy = cross border fee.

Both are different type of fees as explained in multiple threads . Please don't interchange both freely as it leads to user confusion

Last edited:

ceecookie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Layers

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

ralliteknik

Reaction score
they reply

Thanks. Guess gotta wait awhile longer and see if they reply. Otherwise gotta call them up. Just made a few more hotel bookings. All kana CCY...haiz

lcpteck

Master Member
Reaction score
Noob questions. Nv take3 sq before.

I saw that there isba 50% miles given for buying the ticket.

But how do i check how much miles i will get?
[/URL]

I'm not sure what you're referring to, can you explain further?

ralliteknik

Reaction score
FWIW with regards to contacting Expedia on CCY refund, I sent them a message via their online form on 30 May, received their reply today 7 June promising to process the refund. So gotta wait for a week or so for them to reply.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.