The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
Using Elevate today.

It's like a dry version of Baxter's Hard Cream Pomade, BUT doesn't harden up.

Not great for volume, and don't expect a "tall" hairstyle with Elevate.

However if your hair is long enough to lay back and to the side, it does its job well and will tame the flyaways. Works well as a pre-styler too.

This is good for long swept-back hair like Bradley Cooper.

haoKRR

Reaction score
If you want a matte finish, get Carter Supply Flux or ByVilian Dynamite Clay. Your kind of hairstyle is simple enough that even a supermarket brand will do. :)

Any supermarket wax/clay that is easy to wash away?

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you want hold thats lasts then there will be some degree of water resistance because the product must be able to handle our relative humidity.

Whether supermarket or not it will still be hard to wash. Learn how to wash your hair better to cope with the product instead.

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

haoKRR

Reaction score
Its conditioner first then shampoo, and its best to use slightly warm water when washing it.

So you mean your have other ways to wash your hair?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Alright, thank you for the recommendation.

How about the Baxter Clay and Flux you guys are talking about. How is it being compared to BB90

Nah, just some soft spikes at the top. And a low left-to-right swipe

baxter clay strong but heavy and slightly more oily.
flux is soft and medium strong hold

sg context, everyone want STRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGG hold. so bb90

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But is it easy to wash off? Lolol

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT
Use this sure can remove easily one
EwhjLb9l.jpg

Sent from Samsung GT-I9505 using CM13 using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
want strong, want easy to wash off is like asking i want a supercar but also save on ALOT of fuel.

or i want cheap and big boobie girl.
or i want a nice suit but my budget is $50 bucks

haoKRR

Reaction score

nichsong

Reaction score
I think I can speak for most of us here, where we use the conventional method of shampooing first, followed by conditioner. Although I have read articles online about using the conditioner first. Not entirely sure, but I think those articles mentioned some benefits for doing so

Thanks again. Will find out where to get this product.

Is that a compliment.
Anyway, will you like to share how you do it

kagura

Reaction score
I think I can speak for most of us here, where we use the conventional method of shampooing first, followed by conditioner. Although I have read articles online about using the conditioner first. Not entirely sure, but I think those articles mentioned some benefits for doing so

My stylist has also recommended to condition the hair first before shampoo. He said doing so would help to remove all traces of styling product in your hair.

But just gotta make sure the conditioner doesn't touch the scalp/root of the hair, as the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there.

dj_flame

Reaction score
But just gotta make sure the conditioner doesn't touch the scalp/root of the hair, as the natural oil from your scalp is more concentrated there.
You should NEVER apply conditioner onto your scalp and roots.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using conditioner first or after shampoo is possible. The difference lies on this factor - how difficult is it to remove the impurities on your hair. For instance, if you're using styling products with low washability (eg. at least for me, its Gatsby moving rubber), i will use conditioner to wash off first. Conditioner, typically viscous liquid, will contain oil as one of the ingredients. This help to allow conditioner to behave as a form of "make up remover", for better riddance of styling products off the hair. Imagine this as a eye make up remover (contain oils), compared to face make up remover (no or lesser oil contents) that girls use. Otherwise, it is perfectly fine to use shampoo first then conditioner. It really depends on the need.

As for washing the hair with water, i usually use lukewarm water. Not only does it help me to feel more revitalized, it helps to remove better as compared to cold water. I am not a believer for using extremely warm water to wash the hair, as it might cause irritation for the scalp.

Another thing that i am doing is on shampoo lathering. I dont apply on the shampoo onto the hair directly. I lather an appropriate amount of shampoo on my palms first then apply onto my hair and scalp. Reason being i want to minimize the force exerted onto the hair, which might be a good start to forming a good habit at this age. What's important here is that i make sure its my entire scalp that is being massaged during my shampoo-ing, which means the back of my head too.

Come on, share your hair-washing techniques rather than all talk no show.

Appreciate the inputs from @nichsong and @kagura.

Sent from HTC One M9 using GAGT

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking very good here bro! Question - have you ever considered going for a deeper side parting? Looking at the picture, i personally feel that it will look even better like that. Need not be too deep, but relatively deeper than what is shown here.

Also a comparison shot to show how Carter Supply Flux behaves.

Going for a loose, 90's off-center part.

31May16_zpsb5vyamwp.jpg~original

Noticed that Flux actually has a faint scent of clay, like Baxter's. Good product, recommended if you want something with just enough hold.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There are many options, besides the ones recommended here. Google is your best friend. :)

Yeah understand where you are coming from.
Im also looking for one that is
-matte finish
-min effort in washing away
-medium hold

Was recommended the BB90 and then the ByVillan by the fellows here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.