samsung pay

poring24

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for example esso station has this kind of swipe card then auto deduct kind right, then you cannot use samsung pay. samsung pay is strictly for the cashier with appropriate terminal..

maybe in time to come when samsung pay supports loyalty cards, then perhaps the automatic cashiering system will work at petrol station.

correct me if i am wrong but isn't the MST payment function designed to work for these type of machines??

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
correct me if i am wrong but isn't the MST payment function designed to work for these type of machines??

not every facility with the magnetic swipe thingy will work, because the technology is deployed to the bank only. so you will only expect mst to work with banks' terminals like citibank, verifone, ict2050 etc...

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks.. So battery saving since no need on nfc permanently

turn on permanently if u using it for transportation with nfc transit sim card or if u want it to auto launch samsungpay when placed near a nfc payment terminal like how applepay works.

MIVEC525

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Use this samsung pay no need to sign credit card?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do we need nfc to be on for this?

I also want to know...:s11:

nfc is automatically turned on when u initiate samsungpay

Okay thanks.. So battery saving since no need on nfc permanently

turn on permanently if u using it for transportation with nfc transit sim card or if u want it to auto launch samsungpay when placed near a nfc payment terminal like how applepay works.

no I don't think so it works this way.. if your nfc is turned off, you cannot launch Samsung pay automatically when you place your phone near the reader. however if you launch simple pay when nfc is turned off, simple pay will turn on nfc for that transaction then turns off again.

if your nfc is turned on, both transit ezlink and Samsung pay will work automatically..

I haven't got the chance to try out if it works like apple pay, meaning automatically launch Samsung pay for transaction when placed near the reader..

deskoh91

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no I don't think so it works this way.. if your nfc is turned off, you cannot launch Samsung pay automatically when you place your phone near the reader. however if you launch simple pay when nfc is turned off, simple pay will turn on nfc for that transaction then turns off again.

if your nfc is turned on, both transit ezlink and Samsung pay will work automatically..

I haven't got the chance to try out if it works like apple pay, meaning automatically launch Samsung pay for transaction when placed near the reader..
this is what I am quite curious about as well. will samsung pay activate on its own when placed near terminals if NFC is running? because I find it quite troublesome to scroll up and activate easy pay, but didnt want to waste everyone's time in the queue by not running it in advance and having to fumble to start samsung pay up if it really doesnt work. :s34:

anyway, I was able to pay at NTUC, but not at SPC petrol station opposite my place. tried twice but failed. wonder what is causing it.

Last edited:

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

thats what I meant.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is what I am quite curious about as well. will samsung pay activate on its own when placed near terminals if NFC is running? because I find it quite troublesome to scroll up and activate easy pay, but didnt want to waste everyone's time in the queue by not running it in advance and having to fumble to start samsung pay up if it really doesnt work. :s34:

anyway, I was able to pay at NTUC, but not at SPC petrol station opposite my place. tried twice but failed. wonder what is causing it.

samsung pay doesn't know which is your default card for payment, so i doubt it will work. but no harm trying man.. been too busy to try out these few days..

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Question is if you add your wife card or mistress card other than yours, it can become a problem despite properly setting up all the card info, signiture but using one device fingerprint?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.