Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900! (Arcadyan)

tjrsasea

Reaction score
Hi all!

I know that there are information scattered around this subforum but still decided to start this thread on the Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900 (Arcadyan) as a consolidation. The Singtel AC1900 Router is quite new IMO cos everywhere you see in this forum is just the Aztech range of routers Singtel provides.

Just reply what you know about the router and I'll update this post! Can also use this thread as a troubleshoot guide for new users as I am sure Singtel is giving new/recontracting subs this router now! (All PC show 2016 new/recontract get this I think) :s13::s13:

On the box:
1) Wifi Beamforming technology
2) Dual Band and MU-MIMO
3) Built in Antenna
4) 4 Gigabit Ports
5) Parental Controls
6) Advanced Security
7) Plug and Play

Contributed by renfred89:
8) Band Steering: Steers between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz using just one SSID
9) LTE Dongle backup: Supports LTE dongle as a redundancy if fibre broadband is down
10) The webui has now included a switch to toggle between AP mode and Router mode.
11) Parental Control: Wireless MAC filer, IP filter, URL restriction, time based rule etc..
12) Wifi Site Survey: Analyses the Wifi environment in terms of channel congestion and to mitigate the congested environment
13) VPN client built in

Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u have the manual of that router or any links to find it in website? As I heard from many there it's given out to new or upgrade to 1 Gbps customer.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do u have the manual of that router or any links to find it in website? As I heard from many there it's given out to new or upgrade to 1 Gbps customer.

you wouldn't find any information on it from official source unless its released on singtel website lor, since its singtel branded btw..

the manual doesn't include the webui settings, but merely comes as a quick start guide in connecting the router to ONT and your wlan/lan devices.

its being given out to new subscribers for 300/500/1Gbps home fibre customers. Existing customers don't automatically enrol into this pool of customers unless your existing router is certified faulty bah.

if not everyone run to singtel for it and there will sure be spoilers who spoil the market by selling the new routers online for their own pocket..

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
The best thing about this router is you can get a USB dongle with a data sim card and plugged into the router, and if ever your fiber link is down, it will auto switch and connect using the USB dongle, and will seamlessly switch over when your fiber is back online. It also support VPN connection back to your home network, USB harddisk are just plug and play.
Just plug and play router, simple to use, not much of advance settings can be done, but I will need to boot up my unit tonight to see if it has any firmware updates.
And of course, AC1900, speed will be a bit slower than those AC2400/3600.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
The best thing about this router is you can get a USB dongle with a data sim card and plugged into the router, and if ever your fiber link is down, it will auto switch and connect using the USB dongle, and will seamlessly switch over when your fiber is back online. It also support VPN connection back to your home network, USB harddisk are just plug and play.
Just plug and play router, simple to use, not much of advance settings can be done, but I will need to boot up my unit tonight to see if it has any firmware updates.
And of course, AC1900, speed will be a bit slower than those AC2400/3600.

That's nice! Can I just plug a harddisk into the USB and configure it to work like a mini "NAS" if I wanted to?

tjrsasea

Reaction score

Checked Singtel and some websites about this router but theres very little info about it. Maybe cos its new so this thread will be useful when ST give more people this device :)

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
That's nice! Can I just plug a harddisk into the USB and configure it to work like a mini "NAS" if I wanted to?
I have not tried it yet, but normally router that hosts harddisk, the read write speed will be very terrible.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
I have not tried it yet, but normally router that hosts harddisk, the read write speed will be very terrible.

That would be a temporary solution to getting a dedicated NAS cos a decent 4 bay NAS is so ex now..

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
some unique features which i think are different from the previous aztech models:

1) band steering: steers between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz using just one SSID

2) LTE dongle backup: Supports LTE dongle as a redundancy if fibre broadband is down

3) The webui has now included a switch to toggle between ap mode and router mode.

4) Parental Control: wireless MAC filer, IP filter, URL restriction, time based rule etc..

5) wifi site survey: analyses the wifi environment in terms of channel congestion and to mitigate the congested environment

6) VPN client built in

Last edited:

tjrsasea

Reaction score
some unique features which i think are different from the previous aztech models:

1) band steering: steers between 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz using just one SSID

2) LTE dongle backup: Supports LTE dongle as a redundancy if fibre broadband is down

3) The webui has now included a switch to toggle between ap mode and router mode.

4) Parental Control: wireless MAC filer, IP filter, URL restriction, time based rule etc..

5) wifi site survey: analyses the wifi environment in terms of channel congestion and to mitigate the congested environment

6) VPN client built in

Thanks for the info! I'll update the main post! :s12::s12:

Last edited:

memoriess

Reaction score
Heard that digital line won't connected to this router but instead will be connected to the ONT.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Those with picture pls post also. Front, rear & sides. Thanks

IMG_2575_zpsat2argvj.jpg

IMG_2578_zpsnul0jq12.jpg

IMG_2581_zpsurlnrcfm.jpg

IMG_2583_zpscgcs8foz.jpg

here are the pics...

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GG means my phone gonna have to put at some weird locations when the singtel people come down to install the ONT hahaha

there is a way to link up all the rj11 ports at home and prevent the signal from travelling out.

meaning, you just need to connect a cable from ONT to an existing wall socket, then a phone into another wall socket, the phone will work. but you either need to find out the know-how or u get a contractor to help you.

for me, my ONT in living room, so my phone is just beside the tv with a 1.5m long cable from ONT to DECT base station lor..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.