 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't know that the screen is also the reader.

They should just use the normal reader to make it easier for their staff and customers
This is call technology. It's a multi purpose reader. You have to learn to accept it.

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Simpler to just label it properly at the counter which reader is for what purpose. Supermarkets should be experts at product labeling / shelf labeling right? :D

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with multi purpose reader but surely they can built the sensor at the back of the screen and avoid causing any confusion

I dun see ur argument. Why should it be at the back of the screen? And then the person serving u have to turn the device both way? That's why everything is at the front. Tap and view right in front facing u. I don't see any confusion here. Most of the time when I say pay wave, the cashier will ask me tap on the device and I will just tap. Easy.

What confusion?? :s13:

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun see ur argument. Why should it be at the back of the screen? And then the person serving u have to turn the device both way? That's why everything is at the front. Tap and view right in front facing u. I don't see any confusion here. Most of the time when I say pay wave, the cashier will ask me tap on the device and I will just tap. Easy.

What confusion?? :s13:

bro you are not following the flow of the conversation, what u wrote is what the author of the quote was explaining. :D:D

IamBeeP

Reaction score
Ntuc terminal is a multifunctional gadget. It is designed in a manner that the cashier could:-
1: insert those non nfc cc
2: swipe your Ntuc link point
3: in the first case, hide ur cc from open view (prying eyes)

I think it's good. Only that some cashier don't turn it around for u to tap. But, for my case, very seldom. Once in a blue moon.

I understand those who are angry, but that's probably bcz u just started Nfc payment. Once you're used to it, it's just another daily routine.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
u tapped on the dash nfc is it?

7-11 don't have any contactless reader what, except the old ezlink card reader.. :D

i think 7-11 is in official apple pay list. but cheers is not.
then ntuc fairprice in the list, but ntuc unity not in the list.
guardian in the list, watsons is not.

wkweewee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Today finally encountered an issue.

"Apple pay would be available once updates are completed."

This is triggered when the phone is being held near the reader/ double pressing the home button as well. Thing is my payment still went through.

The error can only be cleared via iphone restart.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ikGTWc4.jpg

Hoot one more time and tap tap apply pay before the promo ends

Still waiting for Citibank to join the gang

tec_geek

Reaction score
Tried at Popular bookstore at Bedok Mall. It works. The cashier was telling me it might not work because the management was still doing a beta test, but it got through nonetheless.

tried and accepted

han’s restaurants.
dunkin donuts
koi cafes
gong cha
famous amos

Sushi express too...

Thanks so much guys for your entries! I have added them into the list of merchants and retail stores that accepts Apple Pay! =:p

https://myapplesingapore.wordpress.com/2016/06/08/merchants-retail-stores-for-apple-pay/

Slavor

Reaction score
A few days ago I had a post about my issue with OCBC 365 card not showing the transactions on my phone, and I think I figured out why some of my transactions didn't appear.

For OCBC, it seems like they have only enabled transactions made via your phone to appear. If you also have an apple watch (which I do, and used to pay for those transactions that didn't appear), payments made using that apple watch will not appear. As apple pay on your phone and apple pay on your apple watch have different device account number (security feature) even they are the same card, only payments made through your iphone will appear.

This is unlike AMEX, where ALL transactions made by the AMEX card will appear. I paid for a dinner via the old fashioned way and was surprised that the notification for it appeared.

So it depends on the bank's policies. I honestly prefer AMEX's way it's easier to check past transactions...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.