Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine came with qc2 charger , 18 watts max

Check amazon, get the qc3 chargers

For cables make sure they are
-spec compliant,
-usb 3
-capable of 3amp charging..

I got a cable that is spec compliant but usb 2 and max supported amps is 2.4 :eek:

QC3 is charging at 12v with lower Amp (total wattage is higher due to 12V instead of 5V). SO there is no need a 3amp capable cable.

denilson

Reaction score
anyone else using global rom and experiencing connectivity issues wif cellular data frequently? like e only global rom version that dun have such problem was 7.2.4.0. all others like 7.2.8.0 and current 7.3.5.0 and e dev rom 6.5.30 all have problems

Ok managed to flash the China rom's baseband modem onto the global stable 7.3.5.0 rom

4g lte data works perfectly now :s13::)

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can screenshot ur rom version?

I'm on china beta.
9lLX4iVl.png

Want to install this.

DpPsM19l.png

Sent from Xiaomi Mi5 (Ceramic Black) using GAGT

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Reaction score
QC3 is charging at 12v with lower Amp (total wattage is higher due to 12V instead of 5V). So there is no need a 3amp capable cable.

QC3.0 max power occur at 6.5V/3A and so, the adapter should be rated at 19.5W output power.

Key difference between QC2.0 and 3.0 lies on the 3.6~6.5V @ 3A max range whereas QC2.0 only bottom out at 5V/2A.

tkte_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Ok managed to flash the China rom's baseband modem onto the global stable 7.3.5.0 rom

4g lte data works perfectly now :s13::)

ya apparantly thats how ppl are recommending it now lol
i am on global dev 6.5.30 with 7.2.40 global baseband modem. Mebbe gonna flash e china's modem. U using e official or dev rom's modem?

tkte_85

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm on china beta.
9lLX4iVl.png

Want to install this.

DpPsM19l.png

Sent from Xiaomi Mi5 (Ceramic Black) using GAGT

is ur bootloader alr unlocked? if it is, just use miflash to flash the fastboot version of the roms

if it isnt, check if u can edl reboot on ur device. Coz later rom versions dun support adb edl rebooting and the only option left is to unlock the bootloader.
Although i heard ppl saying abt flashing recovery rom to an older version like 7.2 series etc and getting back edl rebooting. Perhaps dev rom still supports edl rebooting, i not sure as i nv used china dev rom b4

denilson

Reaction score
ya apparantly thats how ppl are recommending it now lol
i am on global dev 6.5.30 with 7.2.40 global baseband modem. Mebbe gonna flash e china's modem. U using e official or dev rom's modem?

China stable V7.3.4.0.MAACNDD

I think there is a 7.3.10.0 out today

xuan87

Reaction score
Anyone tried flashing a custom rom onto their Mi5? Thinking Cyanogenmod or something else. But that will depend on when will Xiaomi Singapore actually start selling the Mi5...

bluecrab

Reaction score
Are you guys able to set the Default Apps for Browser to CHROME? I'm on China ROM 6.5.30

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is ur bootloader alr unlocked? if it is, just use miflash to flash the fastboot version of the roms

if it isnt, check if u can edl reboot on ur device. Coz later rom versions dun support adb edl rebooting and the only option left is to unlock the bootloader.
Although i heard ppl saying abt flashing recovery rom to an older version like 7.2 series etc and getting back edl rebooting. Perhaps dev rom still supports edl rebooting, i not sure as i nv used china dev rom b4
Mine haven't unlocked. But requested liao.

Maybe I shall try the edl thingy. Is it easy?

Sent from LG G5 using GAGT

tkte_85

Master Member
Reaction score
Mine haven't unlocked. But requested liao.

Maybe I shall try the edl thingy. Is it easy?

Sent from LG G5 using GAGT

shldnt be too difficult since thats how i was able to flash mine last time, but mine was on older rom with enabled edl reboot. but ppl have taken down the edl flash instructions. Its risky anyway, so the best bet would be to wait until u unlocked ur bootloader

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.