Singtel Wifi Gigabit Router AC1900! (Arcadyan)

upgrade

Reaction score
Upload 500+ also wrong already, could be speedtest server playing with him.

A lot of factors we do not know. Wifi environment, devices, position, etc. etc. so any number, fast or slow, is possible. I simply read he called 1688 to solve slow DL vs UL. He did not state about complaining or to resolve the UL speed. Therefore I am also guessing here he is using wifi for the UL.

He signed up 1 Mbps plan, and I think he knows the expected speed if via LAN and also the speed penalty via wifi. From what I read, he does not sound like a noob.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
going to collect my router later at China Sq. Hope is given this new router, heard it is better than the AZtech 1900. LOL

Aztech 1900? Or 7009? Or 7003?
This router is a bit slower than 7009, a bit better than 7003.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
A lot of factors we do not know. Wifi environment, devices, position, etc. etc. so any number, fast or slow, is possible. I simply read he called 1688 to solve slow DL vs UL. He did not state about complaining or to resolve the UL speed. Therefore I am also guessing here he is using wifi for the UL.

He signed up 1 Mbps plan, and I think he knows the expected speed if via LAN and also the speed penalty via wifi. From what I read, he does not sound like a noob.
1 mbps?
I think you meant 1gbps, but since he stated wifi. So we just take it as wireless. Which impossible to get even 500mbps.

tjrsasea

Reaction score
not push blame la, I think most of the time really is user problem or the layout of the house.

nowadays BTO flat layout cmi, damn bad for wifi connectivity.

as for user problem, usually is hardware cannot support that speed. or some setting that limit the download speed.

the user also based his judgement on wifi speeds which are subjected to interferences from the environment.

My "push blame" is not based on wifi stuff haha. Its based on my multiple experiences talking with singtel staff over the years. Although they like to push blame in the beginning, once they realised their mistakes they are quick to apologise and solve the problem for you...

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
My "push blame" is not based on wifi stuff haha. Its based on my multiple experiences talking with singtel staff over the years. Although they like to push blame in the beginning, once they realised their mistakes they are quick to apologise and solve the problem for you...
icic. i been using singtel 1gbps fibre home since last sept. so far no issues yet.

hope the experience is good for you too!

upgrade

Reaction score
Collected mine today. I re-contract to the 1 Gbps home bundle, gave up Singtel TV. My new plan only start Monday, wonder whether can start using this new router with my existing FEB 200 or must wait for Monday.

Actually what's the diff between the 1 Gbps home bundle vs the 1 Gbps Unlimited. I opted for the 1 Gbps home bundle because I get to retain my Singnet email while I lose it if I go unlimited. Also after 2 months free promo, the monthly $ diff is home cost $5 more monthly (total $120 over 24 months) but get this router free. And don't worry about taichi between RSP and router distro and be in the middle of problem delay long long.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
able to change wifi ssid and password bo?

of cos can change ah! :D

Collected mine today. I re-contract to the 1 Gbps home bundle, gave up Singtel TV. My new plan only start Monday, wonder whether can start using this new router with my existing FEB 200 or must wait for Monday.

Actually what's the diff between the 1 Gbps home bundle vs the 1 Gbps Unlimited. I opted for the 1 Gbps home bundle because I get to retain my Singnet email while I lose it if I go unlimited. Also after 2 months free promo, the monthly $ diff is home cost $5 more monthly (total $120 over 24 months) but get this router free. And don't worry about taichi between RSP and router distro and be in the middle of problem delay long long.

you can hook up the ac1900 already despite the 1gbps not yet activated. but do note that your speed will not change much arh since your plan has not been activated.

do remember to do a power cycle for ont and router on the day of activation..

oh btw unlimited fibre allows users to change to any 3rd party router and has no vlan feature. meaning, unlimited fibre is not as "well managed" as the home fibre plans where at the backend, they will analyse the internet traffic and allocate the resources equally among all subscribers at that particular time. something like traffic shaping.

but for unlimited fibre, the control isnt that great. so in the end the speed fluctuation will be slightly larger than home fibre plans..

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
300/500/1gbps home fibre plans..

The SingTel 10Gbps as well will be given the SingTel AC1900 Router too ;)

Summary - comes with dual band SingTel AC1900 Router

Fibre Home Bundle
500Mbps/1Gbps/1Gbps*unlimited/10Gbps

1Gbps*unlimited doesn't comes with any router

Fibre Entertainment Bundle+ (with SingTel TV)
300Mbps*/500Mbps/1Gbps/10Gbps

* ~ Need to enquire @ SingTel Shop

From ~> http://www1.singtel.com/personal/internet/broadband-at-home/fibre-broadband-plans.html

tjrsasea

Reaction score

Fibre Home Bundle

From ~> http://www1.singtel.com/personal/internet/broadband-at-home/fibre-broadband-plans.html

I wonder who will sign up for the 10gbps plan lol! Abit overkill for a home network le haha :D :D

upgrade

Reaction score
I was at ComCentre on Monday to return Singtel TV STB ,etc and re-contract away out of Fibre Ent Bundle. My preference was Fibre 500 Home Bundle but was told it does not come with Arcadyan AC1900 router but instead Aztech router. Only 1 Gbps ($10 more) and above get Arcadyan AC1900.

I hope I am not screwed. Any one with new 500 Home bundle get the Arcadyan AC1900?

tjrsasea

Reaction score
I was at ComCentre on Monday to return Singtel TV STB ,etc and re-contract away out of Fibre Ent Bundle. My preference was Fibre 500 Home Bundle but was told it does not come with Arcadyan AC1900 router but instead Aztech router. Only 1 Gbps ($10 more) and above get Arcadyan AC1900.

I hope I am not screwed. Any one with new 500 Home bundle get the Arcadyan AC1900?

I recontracted from ADSL to 300mbps FEB+ last week at expo pc show. They stated they giving AC1900 in my contract. Not sure will they suddenly change to Aztech when the tech come next tues. Hopefully they give AC1900 if not I'll sure ring them up haha :D

upgrade

Reaction score
I recontracted from ADSL to 300mbps FEB+ last week at expo pc show. They stated they giving AC1900 in my contract. Not sure will they suddenly change to Aztech when the tech come next tues. Hopefully they give AC1900 if not I'll sure ring them up haha :D

If it is written black and white they provide AC1900 in the contract, you can insist with the tech to issue it to you, otherwise do not sign the work order. Work order not signed, they cannot do a lot of their admin stuff. Don't accept any router and sign. If they say come back another day to replace, do not agree. Then you are in a position of strength. Once you sign, they are in position of strength and can boh chap you and can cock & bull you admin error that your plan only get Aztech.

I did this 3 years ago when I signed up FEB with Jingxuan Gold pack and bargained for free rental HD DVR STB. They came with a normal STB and I refused to sign, showed them the contract, until they came back same afternoon with the correct stuff.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
What you use all the bandwidth for HAHAHA! Go join this speedwave: http://www.speedtest.net/wave/2059df1521f2f895 and surprise surprise everyone with your speeds! :D:D:D

Flash based SpeedTest can't beyond 2.5Gbps .... it will simply crashed .... :s22:

Need HTML5 beta to go beyond 2.5Gbps. ;) Just like the NetFlix speedtest tool (www.fast.com)

That's why SingTel and M1 provide separate IPerf benching tool to test 10G speeds .... ;)

Last edited:

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score

Fibre Home Bundle

10gbps shouldnt be given the 1900ac router la... bottleneck liao. Instead will be issued with a all in one device, ONT cum rg

Last edited:

tjrsasea

Reaction score
If it is written black and white they provide AC1900 in the contract, you can insist with the tech to issue it to you, otherwise do not sign the work order. Work order not signed, they cannot do a lot of their admin stuff. Don't accept any router and sign. If they say come back another day to replace, do not agree. Then you are in a position of strength. Once you sign, they are in position of strength and can boh chap you and can cock & bull you admin error that your plan only get Aztech.

I did this 3 years ago when I signed up FEB with Jingxuan Gold pack and bargained for free rental HD DVR STB. They came with a normal STB and I refused to sign, showed them the contract, until they came back same afternoon with the correct stuff.

Oo I see. Noted and thanks for your advice! :D:D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.