 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Slavor

Reaction score
I have bought from 2 Popular bookstores using apple pay before, without any issue.

Popular at AMK jubilee with amex

Popular at Toa Payoh interchange with OCBC.

I think it's more of the cashier being clueless.

chris888222

Reaction score
I have bought from 2 Popular bookstores using apple pay before, without any issue.

Popular at AMK jubilee with amex

Popular at Toa Payoh interchange with OCBC.

I think it's more of the cashier being clueless.

Same here at Bedok mall with DBS. The cashier did mention that the management was carrying out a beta test, so yeah she knew what it was.

ashhong

Reaction score

ashhong

Reaction score
can switch la. I got credit inside my us acct. I dun have problem switching back to sg/jp acct pls :s22:

i know can switch account.

but can't switch between region for the same account.

switch.jpg

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back to topic.

This morning read in ST that DBS rise max sum from $100 to $200 for contactless payments.

DBS, can confirm? Effective already? Thanks.

IamBeeP

Reaction score
Back to topic.

This morning read in ST that DBS rise max sum from $100 to $200 for contactless payments.

Haven't ba.
Here's part of the article:-

DBS is confident that contactless payments will continue to take off, which is why it is leading an industry effort to raise a general $100 transaction limit for contactless payments - to prevent the abuse of lost cards - to $200, and eventually to do away with limits entirely.

chris888222

Reaction score
Back to topic.

By mid 2017 though

http://business.asiaone.com/news/dbs-reaping-success-cashless-drive

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't bring my wallet to my block downstair 7-11, only my iPhone and when going to pay, I ask to pay by Paywave and the cashier told me "not supported". I told her I thought 7-11 all along support Paywave and even Apple website show support Apple Pay, they don't even have the Paywave terminal, in the end walk back home to take money. Totally no standardization island-wide! Apple website should states "selected stores only" 7-11 as it show that not all support NFC cashless payment. Not only my house downstair 7-11 don't accept Paywave and Apple Pay, Pasir Ris MRT there that outlet also the same. =.="

I have email Apple Pay SG support and 7-11 in regards to this issue.

Last edited:

quekky

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huh you can double tap home button with ur fingerprint, and your phone is ready to be tapped if you pass it to the cashier (don't need ur fingerprint again).

That's what I was saying with regards to the position of the reader at some cashiers/ counters.
didnt know that can unlock 1st then tap, next time can try. but I have nothing else to buy from challenger

they hide the machine so deep inside and I cant find it around the counter, so didnt know if can pay via visa pay or not. Dont remember seeing the visa pay symbol on the machine as well, or maybe hidden by the angle they place it. They only put a nets flashpay machine in front. Also I dont want to hold up the queue

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chris888222

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use Apple Pay in the Apple Store app? I'm trying to buy something from the app but the Apple Pay option doesn't appear.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use Apple Pay in the Apple Store app? I'm trying to buy something from the app but the Apple Pay option doesn't appear.

wont work i try before
u need a valid CC in itunes
anot apple pay
sepratated

Odessa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't bring my wallet to my block downstair 7-11, only my iPhone and when going to pay, I ask to pay by Paywave and the cashier told me "not supported". I told her I thought 7-11 all along support Paywave and even Apple website show support Apple Pay, they don't even have the Paywave terminal, in the end walk back home to take money. Totally no standardization island-wide! Apple website should states "selected stores only" 7-11 as it show that not all support NFC cashless payment. Not only my house downstair 7-11 don't accept Paywave and Apple Pay, Pasir Ris MRT there that outlet also the same. =.="

I have email Apple Pay SG support and 7-11 in regards to this issue.

Interesting. Cause the 7-11 stores I've been to are equipped with the new Nets FlashPay and Visa PayWave combo terminals. Hope every store gets the upgrade soon.

Was at the cafeteria at IKEA Alexander recently. No dice with PayWave. The counters only sported Nets FlashPay and even then, I had to hand over my card for that payment mode.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.