Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktze1314

Reaction score
hi guys, need your help to access if this deal and the package is sufficient...

Currently second room hack away and combine with masterbed room...
I intend to install 2 x compressor as i want it to be cold... still thinking to have living room as 1 x standalone, than the masterbed room and guest room to share 1 compressor or the other way round...

there's 2 option with different BTU....

option 1 (Grand total : $5600)
- mitsubishi electric (Is it starmax? or MHI?)
- Model Muy24va Msyge24va
- Total $2400

- mitsubishi electric
- Model Mxy 4a28
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x01
- Total 3200

Option 2 (Grand total $5600)
- mitsubishi electric
- Model Muy24va Msyge24va
- Total $2400

- Mitsubish electric
- Model Mxy 4a38
- Msyge24va x01
- Msyge13va x 01
- Total $4000

Both package comes with
- Armaflex class o
- Keystone cable
- 22swg copper pipe
- 16mm drainage pipe

I am sliding towards option 1, but afraid that the compressor will not be able to provide the coldness as compressor is only 28000BTU (Needs to support 24k BTU and 13k BTU units)

Oh ya, the pricing got kena carrot or not ah???
Any expert can advise me on the following things?

Sorry for posting so many questions....

How big is your living and bedrooms? Normally nowadays bedroom 9k btu is enough. 12k btu if your room is bigger.

Anyway for the Armaflex insulation I am told by my vendor that the difference between them is just the fire rating. not much difference actually. something like class 1 is fireproof for 1 hour, class 0 is fireproof for 2 hours.

However for class 0 there's a lot of parallel imports, so we might not get the real quality goods. For class 1 there is only 1 kind.

Therefore I'd agree and go for class 1 as well.. since its cheaper. Those that do class 0 are just "upselling" unnecessary stuff i guess.

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I look at Internet prices from lazada , seems like starmex system 4 2tickd is about 4.2k? Anything I need to look out for?

ktze1314

Reaction score
I look at Internet prices from lazada , seems like starmex system 4 2tickd is about 4.2k? Anything I need to look out for?

I think it's a bit ex, but it depends on what type of fcu they give you. Uniqool is offering it at $3688 for system 4 2-ticks

Does Lazada provide installation?

Se3h3nG

Reaction score
How big is your living and bedrooms? Normally nowadays bedroom 9k btu is enough. 12k btu if your room is bigger.

Anyway for the Armaflex insulation I am told by my vendor that the difference between them is just the fire rating. not much difference actually. something like class 1 is fireproof for 1 hour, class 0 is fireproof for 2 hours.

However for class 0 there's a lot of parallel imports, so we might not get the real quality goods. For class 1 there is only 1 kind.

Therefore I'd agree and go for class 1 as well.. since its cheaper. Those that do class 0 are just "upselling" unnecessary stuff i guess.

Thanks bro for your input... But the pricing wise..... isit ok?

tqx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's a bit ex, but it depends on what type of fcu they give you. Uniqool is offering it at $3688 for system 4 2-ticks

Does Lazada provide installation?

Ya , I just want to know if that is the market price range I should be looking at to buy my aircon for home :). system 4 good enough for 5rm?

ktze1314

Reaction score
Thanks bro for your input... But the pricing wise..... isit ok?

No prob. For your price I'm not so sure and couldnt advise because it is totally different from my option.

I got Mitsubishi starmex from Uniqool. Its system 4 - 2 ticks, 9k Btu x3 and 24k btu for $4088

You can try finding their Facebook page and contact them for a quote? hope it helps!

meowkat

Reaction score
confused over cabling(if any)

Proshop at Alexandra.... Straightforward, no gimmicks

Hi, did you happened to get from PROSHOP at Alexandra eventually?
I am confused... I visited once in late April $3k, system 3 with 3ticks.
but early May, people here say is it without cabling...
just now i call..they say it will be with cabling...

Can i ask for opinions of those who uses them?

Thank you very much!

ktze1314

Reaction score
Ya , I just want to know if that is the market price range I should be looking at to buy my aircon for home :). system 4 good enough for 5rm?

I got Mitsubishi starmex from Uniqool. Its system 4 - 2 ticks, 9k Btu x3 and 24k btu for $4088

mine is 5 room too. the 24k btu is for my living room!

ktze1314

Reaction score
here is no way you could turn on four system at one go.

I actually know that. But it depends on individual. For me I dont think I'll on all 4 at the same time. It is also cheaper than buying 2x system 2. Therefore i chose this option

Last edited:

maur_james

Reaction score

Thank you very much!
I think Hottyhot was the one who posted they don't include cables

lingcw

Reaction score
MHI System 2 with CoolServe

My installation with CoolServe was completed yesterday. A short recap:

1) Installation:
- Installer came on time (was scheduled 2-3pm and they arrive at 2pm sharp)
- Both of them are quite young (in their mid-twenties to thirties maybe?)
- They were polite and efficient as well as accomadating.
- They seem experience as both knew what needs to done and did them independently, e.g. 1 was fixing up the trunking while the other work on removing the old bracket.
- They clean up and remove the old air-con, sweep the floor and kept a clean working environment. This happen regularly throughout each small milestone of the installation.
- They also putty up the wall afterwards. e.g. the holes left by the old bracket, the discoloured wall left by the old trunking (cos the new trunking is slightly smaller).
- Afterwards, the guy briefly ran through the basic operation of the air-con with the remote
- Area was cleared of debris. Still dusty but definitely nothing to complain about.
- Total time taken was about 3-4 hours.

2) MHI System 2
- Compressor is quiet.
- Air-con is cold (no complain from my parents after using it last night although it started raining later in the night). Anyway, time will tell.
- The ability to direct the flow of the air from left to right (not just up and down) is useful as the blower is mounted at a corner of the room

Minor complain:
- The insulation for the outside pipe was slightly torn. According to them, it got caught on some sharp edges when they push it through the wall.
I brought this up to Coolserve and they will be arranging for someone to come down next week to wrap up the affected insulation with some insulation tape.
- Both blowers seems to be tilted but the installer says it is level. I don't have any equipment to check so will wait until next week for them to come down and check again.

Also, the invoice and warranty card will only be mailed to me when my cheque clear... not sure if this is the market practice.

Overall, I am satisfied with Coolserve apart from the 2 points above.

Update:
- They use a pipe-bender to bend the pipe.
- Just found out they use Sigma instead of Keystone cable.

Have escalated this to CoolServe.

Last edited:

Hottyhot

Reaction score

Thank you very much!

Confirmed cabling included. I went with my friend last month and sales say cable not included. But when their men went to site visit, they say cabling included and today they just installed. All inclusive is $3k

Boeing101

Reaction score
My installation with CoolServe was completed yesterday. A short recap:

1) Installation:
- Installer came on time (was scheduled 2-3pm and they arrive at 2pm sharp)
- Both of them are quite young (in their mid-twenties to thirties maybe?)
- They were polite and efficient as well as accomadating.
- They seem experience as both knew what needs to done and did them independently, e.g. 1 was fixing up the trunking while the other work on removing the old bracket.
- They clean up and remove the old air-con, sweep the floor and kept a clean working environment. This happen regularly throughout each small milestone of the installation.
- They also putty up the wall afterwards. e.g. the holes left by the old bracket, the discoloured wall left by the old trunking (cos the new trunking is slightly smaller).
- Afterwards, the guy briefly ran through the basic operation of the air-con with the remote
- Area was cleared of debris. Still dusty but definitely nothing to complain about.
- Total time taken was about 3-4 hours.

2) MHI System 2
- Compressor is quiet.
- Air-con is cold (no complain from my parents after using it last night although it started raining later in the night). Anyway, time will tell.
- The ability to direct the flow of the air from left to right (not just up and down) is useful as the blower is mounted at a corner of the room

Minor complain:
- The insulation for the outside pipe was slightly torn. According to them, it got caught on some sharp edges when they push it through the wall.
I brought this up to Coolserve and they will be arranging for someone to come down next week to wrap up the affected insulation with some insulation tape.
- Both blowers seems to be tilted but the installer says it is level. I don't have any equipment to check so will wait until next week for them to come down and check again.

Also, the invoice and warranty card will only be mailed to me when my cheque clear... not sure if this is the market practice.

Overall, I am satisfied with Coolserve apart from the 2 points above.

Yes. They took abt 2 weeks to mail out the warranty card. Mine is ME so i can register warranty online within 14 days without waiting for their receipt.
So, did you manage to confirm all parts they installed is as said brand?
Trucking and drainage pipe i dont know how to vertify but lucky this components not important. Still angry with the brand they choose for my copper pipe. 😡😡😡

lingcw

Reaction score
Yes. They took abt 2 weeks to mail out the warranty card. Mine is ME so i can register warranty online within 14 days without waiting for their receipt.
So, did you manage to confirm all parts they installed is as said brand?
Trucking and drainage pipe i dont know how to vertify but lucky this components not important. Still angry with the brand they choose for my copper pipe. 😡😡😡

Frankly, I don't really know how to check...

Trunking I don't really care as I believe it will not impact performance.

The pipe is about the same size as those I saw in showroom when they show me their 16mm pipe.

The insulation are Armaflex Class-1 and has a "H" so I take it to mean it is 1/2" thickness.

The copper pipe inside I can't really tell as the wordings are too small and I have "lao-hua".

I forgot to check the power cable and just did a check on what I can see.. i.e. the little portion connected to the plug head that is plug to the wall socket. It is Sigma.

I have highlighted the last issue to CoolServe and is awaiting their reply.

Sigh... guess I should have being more vigilant during the install.

lancelotalbion

Reaction score
Hi guys, any review on Daikin Proshop Fortuna installation?

Also, anyone has experience with Howsyllane or Willy's Aircon?
Appreciate if you can share your exp!

Hottyhot

Reaction score
Hi guys, any review on Daikin Proshop Fortuna installation?

Also, anyone has experience with Howsyllane or Willy's Aircon?
Appreciate if you can share your exp!

My friend installed Daikin system 3 from Alexandra Proshop 2 days ago. No complaints from him.

dark_heaven

Reaction score
Hi all, I was quoted 3x12000btu Mitsubishi heavy industries unit(not sure the model though) for $2930 with $120 cashback. Is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.