 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Samsung offered to have CitiBank agree to that kind of deal, as opposed to CitiBank going with both ApplePay and Samsung Pay simultaneously for starters?

must be someting good ahah
samsung is rich they pay ahhha

FlushX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn't bring my wallet to my block downstair 7-11, only my iPhone and when going to pay, I ask to pay by Paywave and the cashier told me "not supported". I told her I thought 7-11 all along support Paywave and even Apple website show support Apple Pay, they don't even have the Paywave terminal, in the end walk back home to take money. Totally no standardization island-wide! Apple website should states "selected stores only" 7-11 as it show that not all support NFC cashless payment. Not only my house downstair 7-11 don't accept Paywave and Apple Pay, Pasir Ris MRT there that outlet also the same. =.="

I have email Apple Pay SG support and 7-11 in regards to this issue.

not Apple's fault imo. If anything, it's the standardization of 7-11 that has issue.

chris888222

Reaction score
UOB says it's NFC terminals has no cap.

For now, Samsung has the advantage of zero cap if you use the soon-to-be ousted MST tech. Apple Pay is still restricted for certain banks.

Once the banks lift these restrictions, the advantage will be null.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't bring my wallet to my block downstair 7-11, only my iPhone and when going to pay, I ask to pay by Paywave and the cashier told me "not supported". I told her I thought 7-11 all along support Paywave and even Apple website show support Apple Pay, they don't even have the Paywave terminal, in the end walk back home to take money. Totally no standardization island-wide! Apple website should states "selected stores only" 7-11 as it show that not all support NFC cashless payment. Not only my house downstair 7-11 don't accept Paywave and Apple Pay, Pasir Ris MRT there that outlet also the same. =.="

I have email Apple Pay SG support and 7-11 in regards to this issue.

You should have email 7-11 instead right?? :s22:

manualvin

Reaction score
For now, Samsung has the advantage of zero cap if you use the soon-to-be ousted MST tech. Apple Pay is still restricted for certain banks.

Once the banks lift these restrictions, the advantage will be null.

Its good that when eventually that happens everybody is close to on par, at the moment definitey its advantage samsung.

Wonder hows the contactless penetration outside singapore for people who travel anyone knows? So far i think malaysia maybe has some contactless but also very few, i suppose in countries when eventually they get rolled out that the advantage will still be huge. Eventually consumer wins!

I sort of lost track of the incentives the issuers give for applepay already anybody knows whose promotion still ongoing? When samsungpay launch next week onwards im gonna use all my cards there instead to clock the rebates which im sure will be on par with the current offers on applepay.

tec_geek

Reaction score

hwc166

Reaction score
Qns:

Anyone has try using Apple Pay outside of Singapore on overseas NFC terminals ?

Does those unified POS terminal like the ones u see in NTUC works with Apple Pay

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Wonder hows the contactless penetration outside singapore for people who travel anyone knows? So far i think malaysia maybe has some contactless but also very few, i suppose in countries when eventually they get rolled out that the advantage will still be huge. Eventually consumer wins!

i'm also interested to know if anyone successfully used apple pay overseas?
saw some forumers claimed that some transactions for apple pay samsung pay failed even in singapore (seems like banks really need to enable something in the backend)... so i'm not that confident to use in neighbouring countries until the banks confirmed that singapore's apple pay can be used in other countries that do not support apple pay.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Qns:
Does those unified POS terminal like the ones u see in NTUC works with Apple Pay

ntuc fairprice is in the official apple pay merchant list. so don't have to worry about the transaction can't go thru.
btw, we have been discussing on using apple pay at ntuc all over this thread, u should read the thread first.

mcd self-service kiosk and counter also using one contactless reader for Visa/Master/NETS/Flashpay... apple pay also works.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check with you guys.

does the last 4 digit of the cc in the payment slip differs from the the physical card?
Is this the norm?

also, can we view the transactions history from apple watch if we pay by apple watch?

lastly, realise that the phone do not consolidate the apple watch transaction too.
is there anyway for us to make it include?

thank you

Last edited:

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check with you guys.

does the last 4 digit of the cc in the payment slip differs from the the physical card?
Is this the norm?

also, can we view the transactions history from apple watch if we pay by apple watch?

lastly, realise that the phone do not consolidate the apple watch transaction too.
is there anyway for us to make it include?

thank you

I quote from Pay press release...

Apple Pay will change the way you pay. When you add a credit or debit card with Apple Pay, the actual card numbers are not stored on the device or on Apple servers. Instead, a unique device account number is assigned, encrypted and securely stored in the Secure Element on your iPhone or Apple Watch. Each transaction is authorised with a one-time unique number using your device account number, and instead of using the security code from the back of your card, Apple Pay creates a dynamic security code to securely validate each transaction.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
check with you guys.

Is this the norm?

this is what digital tokenization security in apple pay and samsung pay is all about. its more secure that a physical card transaction because your physical card details is never shared with the merchant. thus the last 4 digit in the receipt will be different from your physical card.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm also interested to know if anyone successfully used apple pay overseas?
saw some forumers claimed that some transactions for apple pay samsung pay failed even in singapore (seems like banks really need to enable something in the backend)... so i'm not that confident to use in neighbouring countries until the banks confirmed that singapore's apple pay can be used in other countries that do not support apple pay.

i have tried apple pay and samsung pay recently in malaysia and thailand. it works but contactless nfc terminals are not common in these countries.

MST transactions for samsung pay works though.

jonnieboy

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I add Amex card to my iphone wallet but the place dun accept Amex. The place accept Apple Pay. Can I still pay by Amex thru Apple Pay?

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
i have tried apple pay and samsung pay recently in malaysia and thailand. it works but contactless nfc terminals are not common in these countries.

MST transactions for samsung pay works though.

is your data roaming off?
just want to make sure that it can be used offline.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
If I add Amex card to my iphone wallet but the place dun accept Amex. The place accept Apple Pay. Can I still pay by Amex thru Apple Pay?

which shop accepts apple pay but not amex? that's weird.
normally they have to accept all types of singapore's apple pay then only can display the logo.

if the shop doesn't accept amex, then cannot use amex on apple pay.
apple pay receipt will print out the card type paywave(visa)/paypass(master)/amex(expresspay) respectively.

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is your data roaming off?
just want to make sure that it can be used offline.

my data roaming is on..

but nfc doesnt require data to function. so it shld work offline also. just that you will not receive the transaction notification.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.