 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

ashhong

Reaction score
If not using transparent casing, just tell cashier cc is inside casing.
Kekeke.

Bhg @ century square cashier also tried to stop me from using Apple Pay. Said they are not ready. I told her, you just select pay wave.

When payment went thru, she says maybe cannot print out receipt. She said, earlier got one customer encounter that.

When receipt got printed out, she LL.

Another encounter is @ gurney drive (T3),
Customer service staff told me they haven't change 'machine' for HP payment, I request to let me try using pay wave, told her I can get 6+3%, she agreed and voila, payment got thru. Another cs asked me, you not using Amex right? Me using visa.

So, some merchants don't accept Amex but accept pay pass n pay wave. As such, Apple Pay users with Amex will not go thru. So, I presume, those that tried to stop us from using Apple Pay are non Amex acceptance retailers. Might be wrong but I think, most cases ba.

yes, pretend cc is inside the casing. afterall many people put their card in the casing. i used to do it until recently (i tried to put it between the casing and the phone, the spigen casing too thick :(. )

the amex thing i can understand because not a lot of retailer accept it and for that case, the transaction will definitely not be able to go thru.

thiamhui

Reaction score
Wanted to use Apple Pay at Old Town White Coffee Big Splash. There was a paywave terminal but the staff told me that her manager says that they cannot accept Apple Pay... Huh??? Is admin the fees higher for Apply Pay vs Credit Cards?
Huh??? I use it at their Jcube branch on Sunday... Double standard???

tunge80

Reaction score
actually Apple Pay is jus a virtual paywave/paypass/expresspay card. I dun see how e merchant can say not supported if they already support paywave/paypass/expresspay. maybe e cashier trying to smoke thru :s22:

Actually it's not a issue of whether they think the terminal will be able to accept Apple Pay or not, the cashier knows that Apple Pay will work it's just that they chose not to accept this mode of payment.

As some has pointed out above, I believe that certain merchants have not sorted out or are unsure of any additional surcharges/admin fees that will be incurred when accepting Apple Pay which they need to sort out with the banks.

IamBeeP

Reaction score
yes, pretend cc is inside the casing. afterall many people put their card in the casing. i used to do it until recently (i tried to put it between the casing and the phone, the spigen casing too thick :(. )

the amex thing i can understand because not a lot of retailer accept it and for that case, the transaction will definitely not be able to go thru.

For me, 100% ok with Apple Pay so far. It's still new. Not every cashiers or POS attendants are aware of it. Give some time.

I really salute Ntuc aunties. So many types of 'pay'. Counter got at least 3 gadgets for payments. 👍👍👍👍👍

tunge80

Reaction score
Wanted to use Apple Pay at Old Town White Coffee Big Splash. There was a paywave terminal but the staff told me that her manager says that they cannot accept Apple Pay... Huh??? Is admin the fees higher for Apply Pay vs Credit Cards?

Update: I got a call back fr Old Town White Coffee abt the Apple Pay issue cos I dropped them a feedback. They explained that the management have checked w the banks already and they clarified that Apple Pay is like using credit cards and the surchages for merchants r the same. He assured me that he will update his staff to accept Apple Pay at their outlets.

So it seems that some merchants r still unsure abt this new Apple Pay/Samsung Pay thing as it's pretty new n want to confirm w the banks firsts if there r extra fees if any.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Update: I got a call back fr Old Town White Coffee abt the Apple Pay issue cos I dropped them a feedback. They explained that the management have checked w the banks already and they clarified that Apple Pay is like using credit cards and the surchages for merchants r the same. He assured me that he will update his staff to accept Apple Pay at their outlets.

So it seems that some merchants r still unsure abt this new Apple Pay/Samsung Pay thing as it's pretty new n want to confirm w the banks firsts if there r extra fees if any.

other than fees between banks and merchants, some shops are unsure of rebates/cashback handling too.
those who have used apple pay at watsons, popular, and if your cc got 3% or other amt of rebates/cashback, did your apple pay receipt able to print out this rebate amount just like using physical card?
some shops reject because they say their receipt can't print this rebate for apple pay, but will print full rebate info for physical card.

Last edited:

jermx9

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7-11 downstairs my home also have the machine, but the cashier auntie dont know how use.. i tell her paypass she say only paywave, and she also dont know how use paywave zzz. Wanted to get a drink after my run with my watch with me only.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7-11 downstairs my home also have the machine, but the cashier auntie dont know how use.. i tell her paypass she say only paywave, and she also dont know how use paywave zzz. Wanted to get a drink after my run with my watch with me only.

My block downstair 7-11 even worst, don't even have the NFC terminal to support Paypass/Paywave (which they also adverts on TV), don't even say Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and they only have the NetsFlashpay terminal only. I already email Apple Pay Support SG and 7-11 Singapore, they will reply me within these few days.

The cashier just say sorry "not supported" for Paywave, then I told her 7-11 did support Paywave long ago and recently with Apple Pay and she just keep quiet and stand there, in the end go home take money come down again.

Last edited:

tec_geek

Reaction score

My block downstair 7-11 even worst, don't even have the NFC terminal to support Paypass/Paywave (which they also adverts on TV), don't even say Apple Pay/Samsung Pay and they only have the NetsFlashpay terminal only. I already email Apple Pay Support SG and 7-11 Singapore, they will reply me within these few days.

The cashier just say sorry "not supported" for Paywave, then I told her 7-11 did support Paywave long ago and recently with Apple Pay and she just keep quiet and stand there, in the end go home take money come down again.

Tried Apple Pay at a 7-11 store but the reader doesn't seem to accept it. Even tried with my physical card for contactless but still doesn't work.

Ended up having to pay by NETS instead.

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
I assume you are replying to my post although u did not quote the post. If you were not then ignore my following reply.

No one was acting atas by saying "Apple Pay"... anyways saying Apple Pay is being Atas meh??? It's just another mode of wireless payment.

Please re-read my post.

It has nothing to do with whether the staff understood what was Apple Pay or not and confused... the fact is, I did not say I was paying by Apple Pay, I told her I was gonna tap with paywave and as I was about to place my iPhone on the terminal she told me that I cannot use Apple Pay as instructed by her Manager.

The issue I am raising is whether anyone else have encountered being rejected for using Apple Pay at other stores.

Oh, i didn't really read the replies here. I just said that out of my mind. So no, i am not targeting at you. :)

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Tried Apple Pay at a 7-11 store but the reader doesn't seem to accept it. Even tried with my physical card for contactless but still doesn't work.

Ended up having to pay by NETS instead.

seems like payment terminal prob. or did u tap on the correct reader? any error msg?

just tried using apple pay at watsons. confirmed apple pay receipt is just showing a normal basic paywave/paypass cc with no rebates info printed. for physical card, the terminal can recognize the card and print full rebates info and can redeem on the spot.
this is understandable as apple pay is using a virtual device number, not the real cc number, hence the terminal dunno which card u r using, only know whether it's visa paywave or master paypass.

btw... some apple pay receipts will reveal more hidden info like the expiry date and numbers. :D

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7-11 management called me just now, "we have check with the area managers and so sorry that the two stores you visit currently do not support Paywave and Apple Pay yet but we will roll out in phrase, so some 7-11 stores island-wise also have the same issue as of now. We will definitely roll out the new payment method to the two stores by end of next month and eventually island-wide support. Thank you for your feedback!"

7-11 fully supported Apple Pay on Apple site is incorrect as of now, only selected stores support it. Btw, still no news from Citibank to support Apple Pay. Team up with Samsung, yet never team up with Apple, don't know what are they thinking.

Last edited:

PongRareRare

Reaction score
Used Apple Pay at BHG yesterday, transaction showed at the wallet transactions. But it didn't show at the setting transactions. Wonder what's wrong.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.