Unblock TV (UBTV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

leecs93

Reaction score
Anybody got problem connecting to Live Tv today? After the upgrade to the English version, cannot watch any channels.

Kodi movies working fine so internet is not the problem. Thanks

kaixin18

Reaction score
Wow you really have impressive imagination leh. I have to applaud you for that. Somehow out of nothing you can actually come up with things about me that i myself dont even know about! And why is it that every single one of your replies you have to include an anecdote about your "much traveled" life or about your imaginary flings or girlfriends? This thread machiam turning into aunt agony column leh. But hey, if anything, your replies gave me a good laugh and made my day. Anyway, my answer for you is that ubox/android boxes are for chao peasants. Elites like you should stick to paid cable tv subscriptions or even better, just fly off to whatever country you want to watch their tv programmes lor:s13:.

Don't change the subject. You conflated facts and made unsubstantiated remarks about me. I replied to you directly to dismantle each of your accusation. You have now clearly lost the argument. I suppose its befitting given your username. Let's end this tirade here and now.

Cool down, boy.

Don't assume that all in HWZ are guys, many pretty girl too - not dead fish, alive and kicking.

We don't care how many international gf you have. This is your choice, but don't attack our young pretty ladies here.

UB box is only $120, it is peanut to you. Just buy it and try, it is cheaper than your starhub+singtel subscription for a month.

If you don't like it, post it here to sell at $50 or cheaper, I think you can get rid of it in an hour.

I've always been cool. I did not assume that everyone here are guys. I did not attack the young pretty ladies here. I did not brag that I was dating foreign girls. If you read the previous posts, another person accused me of wanting to get the box for the adult channels. Which was why I replied to him in the way I did.

$120 is a lot of money to me. My parents are too busy with work to call both Starhub and Singtel to cancel the subscriptions. No one watches tv at home. The boxes are collecting dust.

I'll be back in two weeks time for the summer break. Will be able to do the cancellation and hopefully get the box? Thanks for your advice.

anizee

Reaction score
Astro, bbc,itv for english commentary. Cctv5 for chinese commentary. Works for any app that has these channels. Try to connect to the channels 15-20 mins before the actual match starts because if you try to connect once the match has already started, most likely you will not be able to due to network congestion at server side. I am not using ubox or any paid iptv sub. Been watching copa and euros for free for the past few days using free apps and streaming have been relatively smooth and quality of the streams are fine.

Bro do you know if there is a full channel list? So I know BBC, itv etc are what channel numbers.

jace88

Reaction score
Don't change the subject. You conflated facts and made unsubstantiated remarks about me. I replied to you directly to dismantle each of your accusation. You have now clearly lost the argument. I suppose its befitting given your username. Let's end this tirade here and now.

I've always been cool. I did not assume that everyone here are guys. I did not attack the young pretty ladies here. I did not brag that I was dating foreign girls. If you read the previous posts, another person accused me of wanting to get the box for the adult channels. Which was why I replied to him in the way I did.

$120 is a lot of money to me. My parents are too busy with work to call both Starhub and Singtel to cancel the subscriptions. No one watches tv at home. The boxes are collecting dust.

I'll be back in two weeks time for the summer break. Will be able to do the cancellation and hopefully get the box? Thanks for your advice.

Ok disregarding your other off-topic posts (and in all honesty you brought this on yourself), your posts contradict here - you can afford both Starhub and Singtel cable subscriptions but $120 for a tv box is too much? I'm confused. You also have access to Netflix but you want more documentaries and prefer TV channel style rather than on-demand.

Therefore you have two options- either continue subscribing to cable TV or buy a box to access TV channels online (some legit some not). The latter costs something upfront but will be cheaper over time, however it can get fiddly especially for old people to use (I was under the impression they're the main users), and there's no guarantee it'll work next year, or even next week.

I say stick to cable TV.

If money is a bit restrained in your household (doesn't sound like it other than your $120 comment) then cancel the cable TV and live without. Cable TV services (much less two of them) are not necessities by any stretch of the imagination.

Alternatively if it's more for your own use, why not just identify where you can get the shows you want, and then make a decision from there. Seems rather counter intuitive to pick the device/service before you pick the content you actually want.

iloveadidas

Reaction score
Is there TV guide for ubtv? Else every time tune to 1 channel watch show is half-half 1 no head no tail..
Also, any Bros out there know how to collect/uncollect a channel?

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just install an andriod app mean for mobile phone into my ubox, then it day "device is not supported"

How do I "trick" the box to run?? Haha tia

Beck's

Reaction score
Anyone knows which other app has 中天综合台?the one in the ubox main app very laggy

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro do you know if there is a full channel list? So I know BBC, itv etc are what channel numbers.
the channel numbers can change almost every update.

just use the menu sub categories n look for the channel you want.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The latest ub box gen3 is $129 now, from qoo10.

Much better deal compared to gen2

1uiMP9T.jpg

Last edited:

Oyabun

Banned
Reaction score
Those asking about unable to load app market or ub market, they are back for installation.

sonicwinter

Reaction score
How is everybody's Eur* football experience so far?

I find UBTV slightly laggy for the 9pm match but better for later matches. I'm on M1 300mpbs and using wifi btw.

It's acceptable since we paid next to nothing and the box has other functions as well besides just watching this tournament.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't expect much using any box or service with wifi

good wifi can give a few hundred Mbps, but sometimes poor wifi can't even get 1kbps.

what we need is 5-10Mbps for live iptv channels. so we have to make sure that the wifi is configured properly and can give the minimum speed.

speedtest.net from ookla is a good utility for the check. make sure the test is conducted from the box by installation the app.

if the results from test is not good enough, another app - wifi analyser can be used to help troubleshoot and set up the wifi with right channels.

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think is more like unauthorised dealer list.

Authorised dealer in Singapore is Amconics. Price was $199 for Gen 2. Not sure for Gen 3.

actually they are hinting to the potential customers, to ask them go to the sellers mentioned in the list, because they can offer much better price. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.