What's your favorite moment @ Funan?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If I search hard, I might have its brochure somewhere.
Amazing times when IPC was the multimedia PC to get.

I still remember my dad buying me my very first PC at #05-34.. it was IPC Mygenie. Cost my dad $3500...top of the line Pentium100 back in 1995.

Yuripa

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Working at Pacific Internet on lvl 1.

2. Makan my favourite wanton mee store at the back of the mall everyday for many months because I was involved in NDP 2005 at the Padang.

3. Hanging out at Game 1 playing winning eleven with the game shop retailers.

4. Ate my first and last Taco Bell over there.

5. Studied at the secret hidden area inside Mcd with my ex and thank God there wasn't any cctv there...

Too many fond memories to type out :)

Sent from Nokia 3210 without using GAGT

Zildjian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My favourite hang outs

- the basement food court (the claypot stall)
- PK computer

I still remember my dad buying me my very first PC at #05-34.. it was IPC Mygenie. Cost my dad $3500...top of the line Pentium100 back in 1995.
posted same claypot stall on pg 2 ! i rmb got A&W also ?

BluBlur

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I search hard, I might have its brochure somewhere.
Amazing times when IPC was the multimedia PC to get.

Do scan it for us to see...i didn't keep the brochure (and now regretting it).

IPC was a quite a big local brand then... unfortunately my Genie's Conner disk kept dying due to overheating.

DigDub

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my first dslr bought there from john 3:16 and quite ok with Sam. pity they had to close down.

amekago

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we went for the new year countdown party, but public transport too crowded, take cab too ex, so lun at funan until morning

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah. Finally get to see how krado looked like. Remember he was the ultimate amd fan boy back then...

Kimage had their hairdressing school at funan. Wash+cut only 6 bucks. Now it's at marina square.

For me my best memories was during those bf2 competitions back in the day, at the funan atrium. Still rmb back then all the sls shops like cyber mind and fuwell were doing so well they expanded to funan..

Mighty_Orange

Master Member
Reaction score
only started going to Funan in 2013, cause of the biggest Challenger.

1) Challenger - big and bought lots of things from there - thumb drive, laptop stand-cooler, wireless mouse/keyboard. Sometimes just like to wander there in Sat afternoon.
2) The big stationary shop with some special products like the durable Japanese File.
3) Second Floor sports shop for Nalgene bottles.
4) Bought my dell monitor from courts last year !

5) MACDONALD ! after the above is done - must eat lunch there.

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought the first PC in my life in 1995 there and the brand was IPC. :)
Cost me a 3 grand plus with a Win 95 version a that kept crashing down.
Bought a modem along with it and the ISP then was Pacific Internet and using the dial up method. Quite thrill when I first heard the modem dialing and got connected to the early days of the Internet. :)

cubana

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eating at food court there n going 2 peninsula plaza for fake dvds n games lol

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Boh memories... Hardly go there coz dun think their prices are competitive

Chrysanthemum Tea

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my first dslr bought there from john 3:16 and quite ok with Sam. pity they had to close down.

what happened to them? i bought a lens from them once after a friend recommended them, and they are some of the friendliest camera store ppl around. but the next time i went i cant find the shop any more :(

faithsilence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bought my first printer @ South Asia Ptd Ltd there, some Canon portable printer which looked like a laptop. IIRC, my first PC, a Datamini 486DX 33Mhz also from there, a whopping 3K+. PC table from Challenger on top floor.

When first started working around Cityhall area, always hang out at Funan during lunch, rem people cheong Ninja Gaiden on the 1st Xbox there!

Now is buy some camera accessories in Funan.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.